IGNORED

Sad day/Happy day

Roadrunner

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

From @Jerseybean's end of season thread:

'Next seasons fixtures will be released on June 15th at 9am with the season commencing the 12th August'

'

I'm pretty sure both those are the PL dates. Our fixtures are a week later but we start the season a week earlier.

• Like 3

Have already had to put in requests for my rota up to Christmas. Best guess is we start at home on 5th August with a Carabao Cup 1st round tie midweek. The following weekend is the balloon fiesta, so we will be away, plus had to factor in all the international breaks, first of which is in early September.

• Like 1

Key dates for supporter’s diaries have been released ahead of the 2023/24 season with EFL fixture release day kicking things off on Thursday 22 June, where all 72 EFL Clubs will release their 2023/24 schedules from 9am.

The opening round of fixtures will take place across the opening weekend of 4-6 August with Round One of the Carabao Cup following shortly after w/c 7 August.

Wembley will play host to the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday 25 February 2024, in what will be the first of five showpiece Finals in the EFL calendar, with the EFL Trophy Final taking place on Sunday 7 April.

The season-ending Sky Bet EFL Play-Offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium, this time across two weekends in May 2024. The League One Final will start proceedings on Saturday 18 May 2024, before League Two the following day, on Sunday 19 May. The Championship Final will take centre stage the following weekend on Sunday 26 May.

A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2023/24 EFL season can be found below:

• Fixture Release Date – Thursday 22 June 2023, 9am
  • Start Date – Saturday 5 August 2023 (with a likely live game on Friday 4 August)
  • Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 7 August 2023
  • Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 25 February 2023
  • EFL Trophy Round One – w/c 4 September 2023
  • EFL Trophy Final – Sunday 7 April 2024
  • League One Play-Off Final – Saturday 18 May 2024
  • League Two Play-Off Final – Sunday 19 May 2024
  • Championship Play-Off Final – Sunday 26 May 2024

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-key-dates-announced-ahead-of-202324-season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plymouth (a) on the opening day would be handy for travel purposes!

Certainly would.

Although playing a promoted team first up, which we often do, is a tricky fixture.

Plus I think we might be home first up as it’s the balloon fiesta the following week apparently.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, a long weekend in Cornwall on the cards. But as the Balloon Festival is the following weekend, I think we might actually start with a home fixture for a change, then be away the following weekend.

25 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Certainly would.

Although playing a promoted team first up, which we often do, is a tricky fixture.

Plus I think we might be home first up as it’s the balloon fiesta the following week apparently.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yep, a long weekend in Cornwall on the cards. But as the Balloon Festival is the following weekend, I think we might actually start with a home fixture for a change, then be away the following weekend.

I was thinking purely selfish reasons, as I’ll be in Cornwall and not back to the 11th!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plymouth at Home Park is always a juicy fixture, been there many times over the years. This coming season will be the first visit as a Championship match tho. I’m looking for to the game whenever it is - not Boxing Day tho!