IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Never in doubt ?

What a night that was. Felt like one of those England matches at a major tournament when they put you through an emotional rollercoaster. 

Probably the most I've ever celebrated a goal in my life when that 4th goal went in deep into injury time.

Delighted for you & all Wednesday fans !!

Hope you win at Wembley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Never in doubt ?

What a night that was. Felt like one of those England matches at a major tournament when they put you through an emotional rollercoaster. 

Probably the most I've ever celebrated a goal in my life when that 4th goal went in deep into injury time.

No sorry, can't agree, there's nothing, nothing like YOUR team doing something incredible !

Delighted for you .

• Like 1

Fair play to Wednesday , that’s a amazing comeback .

did anyone see the manual manipulator that ran on the pitch , smashed into the linesman then run off the pitch again. Every club got their idiots but. After your team has come from 4-0 down to win on penalties, how ****** in the head have you got to be when  your first thought is not to celebrate but to wipe out a official. He’ll be caught & a life time ban coming hopefully . 

• Like 10

I missed a lot of the game, I was watching Newcastle (good game too) and turned over as it went 3-0, utter madness.
It was a masterclass in how not to see a game out. Wednesday seemed to want the ball so much more. Neither team showed too much patience or quality, and P'boros hold up play at a time it was vital, was non existent .
Fair play to Sheff , but Throw away a 4-0 then 5-4 and top it off with such a bad clearance. They really did implode.
Not sure where the added 1:30 came from they tacked onto the 6 added mins , but they didn't help themselves.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I missed a lot of the game, I was watching Newcastle (good game too) and turned over as it went 3-0, utter madness.
It was a masterclass in how not to see a game out. Wednesday seemed to want the ball so much more. Neither team showed too much patience or quality, and P'boros hold up play at a time it was vital, was non existent .
Fair play to Sheff , but Throw away a 4-0 then 5-4 and top it off with such a bad clearance. They really did implode.
Not sure where the added 1:30 came from they tacked onto the 6 added mins , but they didn't help themselves.

It came from Iorfa being injured for 1:30 plus the time wasting by the keeper - if anything the ref should’ve added more time on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It was an incredible game, the best play off match that I can remember. Hillsborough was truly rocking and definitely played an intimidatory role in the amazing turnaround. Posh couldn’t handle it and eventually imploded.

It was understandable that given the immense pressure that both teams were under that the quality was lacking but exciting nonetheless with Big Aden getting an assist.

Personally I’d like to see the Owls back in the Championship and hope they win the final.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was an incredible game, the best play off match that I can remember. Hillsborough was truly rocking and definitely played an intimidatory role in the amazing turnaround. Posh couldn’t handle it and eventually imploded.

It was understandable that given the immense pressure that both teams were under that the quality was lacking but exciting nonetheless with Big Aden getting an assist.

Personally I’d like to see the Owls back in the Championship and hope they win the final.

I would have liked to see Peterborough sneak up, underdogs and all that. Plus the division might have been a little weaker, which might have helped us.

• Like 2

So, yesterday afternoon I was thinking this tie was done, don't have access to Euro games, nice weather so after tea, go for a bike ride.

2 hours later, get home and showered, check the scores and its 3-4! Damn!

Started watching it at extra time, shame I missed the 90 mins but glad SW won. The little I saw it seem PU only played any football when the scores were level. They got out of it what they put in. A game Sky will show over and over again I am sure.

Listening to the phone in on radio P'boro'; Their hearts weren't in it and  Poor play were common comments.

This morning Fergie said his plan was to score first and he had plenty of defenders on the bench to see the game out. Hmm; at 2-0 down they couldn't see the game out. A suggestion on the radio this morning was that Fergie should go.

56 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The Wednesday fan who tore up his ticket for clicks on social media must be feeling stupid now.  

Brilliant, what an absolute belter. He will surely never live that down now, and no doubt he will be showing up to the final (being a proper fan)...

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I couldn't understand why they just seemed to wanted to kick it as far as they could and hope they would hang on, and that last clearance was one of the worst you'll see. They got what they deserved in the end.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Listening to the phone in on radio P'boro'; Their hearts weren't in it and  Poor play were common comments.

This morning Fergie said his plan was to score first and he had plenty of defenders on the bench to see the game out. Hmm; at 2-0 down they couldn't see the game out. A suggestion on the radio this morning was that Fergie should go.

Yeah, must surely be time for Grant McCann to return ?

46 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I couldn't understand why they just seemed to wanted to kick it as far as they could and hope they would hang on, and that last clearance was one of the worst you'll see. They got what they deserved in the end.

Shocking clearance though it was ( it was just panic ) , they lost the game in normal time before added time. Their heads had gone/dropped say it how you want, it looked like they were waiting to concede . Those punts forward were only ever going to kill a few seconds, no one up front to get hold of the ball. Really poor performance and plan.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

This morning Fergie said his plan was to score first and he had plenty of defenders on the bench to see the game out.

That's the problem, one can't just plan for one outcome, you have to cover as many bases as possible .

That's Ferguson done ..................        until the next time.

I’ve nothing against Posh, and you have to have empathy for their fans who would have been waking up thinking the entire world has ended this morning - we’ve seen some astoundingly inept City capitulations down the years (3-0 up v Sunderland and drew with a Pack OG still rankles) but nothing on that scale and in such a high-stakes game.

However, I always like to see the best supported clubs in the finals as it’s always a bit sad to see swathes of empty seats - Wednesday will take at least twice as many as  Posh would have, and if Bolton do the business tonight you’d have to think it’ll be close to a sellout.

A lot of people decry the playoffs as too American, unfair on teams who finish third with a mammoth points total and then lose to the team in sixth, but you can’t deny it has produced some absolutely compelling drama down the years and keeps the season alive for teams whose season would otherwise practically have been over by Valentine’s Day.

And, of course, I say that as a fan of a club with a 100% failure record in the playoffs (But still remember the exhilaration of Hartlepool and Crystal Palace in the SFs).

Long may the format continue. ?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Only one that came to mind that also had me going ‘what the…” as a neutral was the 4-4 play off final between Charlton and Sunderland, 97/98 for a place in the top league. Very different sort of match of course, but equally aware was watching something equally mad and special.