IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

On 14/05/2023 at 11:48, Davefevs said:

Paying a signing on fee to keep a wage within budget comes at a risk….that the player tells all the teammates that although he’s on £x thousand a week, but the club just gave him £x hundred thousand as a signing on fee and then he turns up to training in a fancy car to brag about it.

Lee Tomlin ⬆️⬆️⬆️

russian win GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

The only way I can possibly see us resigning JB, during this summer’s transfer window, would be if we sold Cam Pring.

If we did that the I could see us signing JB and the youngster, Jack Currie, from AFC Wimbledon.

COYR.

@Agard Days Night @bcfc01 @Cov 77

What’s confusing you lot? Seems like a pretty straightforward theory.

COYR.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I found it interesting that Geoff didn't ask about Joe. I suspect he was probably told to not ask and to me that suggests it's probably quite close. 

Nor did he ask about when the Retained List was out.  I’m sure a few ground rules were set pre interview.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

The only way I can possibly see us resigning JB, during this summer’s transfer window, would be if we sold Cam Pring.

If we did that the I could see us signing JB and the youngster, Jack Currie, from AFC Wimbledon.

COYR.

No, Joe is not coming as "just a left back" although we might use him there from to time to time. He will probably go LM, although I still hold out hopes for him being more central.

We are looking to strengthen the depth of our squad, not replace one talent with another.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

No, Joe is not coming as "just a left back" although we might use him there from to time to time. He will probably go LM, although I still hold out hopes for him being more central.

We are looking to strengthen the depth of our squad, not replace one talent with another.

Totally agree with this approach, with a fully fit squad we are a match for virtually any team in this division (only the top 2 did the double over us with all 4 games only having one goal in it).

We aren’t a club that can go out and spend millions improving on starting XI positions but we can spend smaller amounts getting a bench to feature more equal options. Then in cases of injuries or poor form we will have a best XI on more occasions than the season just gone. Considering most of our defeats were by just one goal, swing of just +4 goals scored and -4 goals conceded over the 46 games could yield up to 12 points more than 22/23 so having greater depth will make a huge difference to our finishing position imo.

Improvements to our first XI have to come through coaching at the HPC.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nor did he ask about when the Retained List was out.  I’m sure a few ground rules were set pre interview.

It's a bit of a shame GT is retiring as it seems him and Nige have really hit it off.

Absolutely 100% they had a chat pre show and Nige probably on an informal basis filled GT in but asked him not to ask about it as those players are still under contract and there season is still ongoing.

Notably GT didn't push for any details about the players we're close to signing. Not even asking what positions they play. That's quite telling.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's a bit of a shame GT is retiring as it seems him and Nige have really hit it off.

Absolutely 100% they had a chat pre show and Nige probably on an informal basis filled GT in but asked him not to ask about it as those players are still under contract and there season is still ongoing.

Notably GT didn't push for any details about the players we're close to signing. Not even asking what positions they play. That's quite telling.

It got a bit shaky when geoff used the  can you challenge for the play offs in your last season line, that would have led to someone being called an ostrich or something similar in years gone by!

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

The youngster is just that. Bryan is a lot more versatile than simply being an option at LB. 

We can do with both. 

I’m not saying I’m against us signing JB, or wanting us to sell Cam Pring, but where would that put Bell & Mehmeti, if we signed JB and Currie, whilst keeping Pring?

First world problems, :laugh:.

COYR.

1 hour ago, Tangle Foot said:

I’m not saying I’m against us signing JB, or wanting us to sell Cam Pring, but where would that put Bell & Mehmeti, if we signed JB and Currie, whilst keeping Pring?

First world problems, :laugh:.

COYR.

Think Joe might be being considered for a CM role

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Gives us the opportunity to be flexible

Can have this;

MOL

Vyner Naismith Pring

Tanner Mccrorie Scott Bryan

Sykes Conway Mehmeti

Or 433