IGNORED

REWARDS CAR BOOT SALE

sticks 1969

Please move to rewards 

had a email from Tom at the rewards scheme who admitted a lot of people had points to burn and some new items coming soon 

just had a look 

1 streaming passes to preseason game 

2 a lot of shit that I could probably get from a car boot sale 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Please move to rewards 

had a email from Tom at the rewards scheme who admitted a lot of people had points to burn and some new items coming soon 

just had a look 

1 streaming passes to preseason game 

2 a lot of shit that I could probably get from a car boot sale 

It's all a bit of a joke, anything half decent that appears has very low stock and is gone almost instantly. Then all you have is tat or entries to draws.

I notice that it is the #1 benefit listed on the Season Ticket ads, is somebody, somewhere actually proud of the scheme?

• Like 1

To be honest, I don’t know why the club bother with it, but by the same token I don’t understand why it upsets people so much.

Is there anyone who has ever been influenced in their choice to buy or not buy a season ticket or a shirt just because they’re going to get reward points? 

It’s not like Tescos: you’re not going to go down the road and buy a R****s season ticket instead, just because they run a better rewards scheme.

I buy my season ticket, I occasionally buy something else from the shop, whether or not I get rewards points has absolutely no bearing on that at all and so I’m really not that worried how many I’ve got or what I can and can’t get as a result. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

To be honest, I don’t know why the club bother with it, but by the same token I don’t understand why it upsets people so much.

Is there anyone who has ever been influenced in their choice to buy or not buy a season ticket or a shirt just because they’re going to get reward points? 

It’s not like Tescos: you’re not going to go down the road and buy a R****s season ticket instead, just because they run a better rewards scheme.

I buy my season ticket, I occasionally buy something else from the shop, whether or not I get rewards points has absolutely no bearing on that at all and so I’m really not that worried how many I’ve got or what I can and can’t get as a result. 

Agree.

I’ll quite happily take four £5 streaming passes at 120 points each.  That’s £20 I don’t need to spend.  That’s quite good VFM isn’t it?

• Like 4

Binned most of my points going in for the draws, zero chance of winning but then, they would have disappeared anyway.
The pre-season games on TV don't really interest me , that leaves a window sticker to finish off my points.

I get it's difficult to strike a balance between giving fans genuine rewards and not costing the club actual money. But this hasn't pleased anyone really.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

I’ll quite happily take four £5 streaming passes at 120 points each.  That’s £20 I don’t need to spend.  That’s quite good VFM isn’t it?

If they did this during the season, max of one 1 pass per game would interest a few I would think. Club would still get £5 revenue and fans would get the £5 discount. But for friendlies where the TV viewpoint isn't the best , not quite so tempting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

Agreed it makes no difference, but earning 10% of everything you spend in the shop would result in a cheap Christmas present or two for the kids if you let it all add up.

Rather than upsetting, it's slightly irritating that they have swapped out a nice simple rewards system for the junk we get offered now.

• Like 2

Still waiting on my photos from the rewards scheme. Ordered 3 weeks ago.

Rewardless scheme would be more accurate. Overly complicated system leading to awful choice (If any) or lose the pointless notional cash.

Why don't we have a reward systems that could be saved and take money of season cards in 5 seasons time?

Edited by MelksRed

On 21/05/2023 at 08:14, italian dave said:

I agree the club shouldn’t have bothered with it and it doesn’t effect wether I buy a season card or not, I will buy it whatever.

But if you are going to implement it then they should try and get it right, it’s not and that’s what upsets people.
I’ve been waiting over a month now for my order, it just doesn’t leave a good impression. Ok I could have completely ignored the whole thing but having gone to the trouble of ordering something I would expect it to arrive within a week or two.

Why they can’t just go back to hitting a discount button at the till when you show your season card I don’t know. 

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Like 4

Just had a look for the first time, 550 points. It’s pretty piss poor isn’t it? 

Ah well, won’t be losing any sleep over it.

Would be excellent I think if;

Points rolled over;

Away tickets/travel could be purchased and/or subsidised with points;

Points collected could be used as a contribution towards the following season’s season ticket.

On 24/05/2023 at 09:13, Silvio Dante said:

On a serious note, as points get wiped in a week how much longer can they not put it (and the dog leads) as available?

Just had a look to see what was left.

Not a lot is the answer.

But I appear to have more points now than I did before. 

Are people sure they are getting deleted, there hasn't been anything on the official site that I can see.

I finally heard something about about my order, a guy called Tom replied to my email about a week or so ago saying he’d look into it.

Today he emailed again saying they were running behind because of all the bank holidays.

I think it’s been 5 or 6 weeks now, I can’t remember, I can’t even remember what I ordered. 

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I finally heard something about about my order, a guy called Tom replied to my email about a week or so ago saying he’d look into it.

Today he emailed again saying they were running behind because of all the bank holidays.

I think it’s been 5 or 6 weeks now, I can’t remember, I can’t even remember what I ordered. 

Just how many bank Holidays do they have in BS3?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just how many bank Holidays do they have in BS3?

We've had 18 so far this year. Bloody annoying when you aren't working, but great if you are.

In all seriousness, its a very disappointing attitude from Bristol City/Sport. This is the sort of runaround you'd get from mail order suppliers in the 1980s.

I suppose they're just making sure that the Rewards Scheme gives a 100% shit experience.