IGNORED

Massengo Contract

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Alex Scott's message to HNM sums it up for me   "Going to the top, absolute pleasure my boy"................Good Luck Hans.

Some nice comments from most of the squad. Obviously a popular lad.

• Like 1

Personally in my opinion half of Massengo’s problem was Massengo . I think at times he tried too hard in games.  His over exuberance impacted his discipline to hold his shape. Maybe this was because he was trying too hard to win a place in the team or maybe to justify his transfer fee but unlike many who have left us you could never accuse him of not putting a shift in.  Reminds me in many ways of Liam Robinson. You always got that feeling that if he clicked he would be unplayable.  I wish him all the best. My best memory was when he lost the ball and then tracked all the way back to right back and won the ball back.  Got kicked by the opposition and won a free kick. There was a cheer around the ground as if we’d scored a goal! Good luck Hans! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

As I’ve said I can discuss all day long about our players.  Do people really only talk about Preston (a) last season, as the one game he played well?  That probably tells me a lot! ??‍♂️

Anyway, it’s futile, he’s off.  I look forward to seeing where he ends up and how his career plays out.

But worth all posters remembering, Massengo didn’t set the fee when he joined.

Agree.

And you have to question whether knowing Han wanted to leave (not extend) that far back whether we missed an opportunity (for whatever reason) to move him on last summer.  On the flip-side maybe he resisted too.  I don’t know.

I think the problem for Han, Preston aside - is that one his last games was that shambolic performance at Brum back in October (?) - think he got subbed off for Kadji. The only game this season I thought he played decently in was Cardiff at home, to be honest.

I do think - this season at least - there were not many genuinely good performance. Mainly because mentally, positionally at least, he never seemed switched on - I think ultimately it just got stale for him and he needs fresh setting as proved at Auxerre.

• Confused 1

A decent player who for whatever reason didn’t live up to expectations (or at least my expectations) after such a promising first series of games for us. But I loved his whole-hearted approach and I’m sure he’ll have a good career at a high level. 

Best wishes to him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Offside said:

A decent player who for whatever reason didn’t live up to expectations (or at least my expectations) after such a promising first series of games for us. But I loved his whole-hearted approach and I’m sure he’ll have a good career at a high level. 

Best wishes to him.  

Probably coming over at such a young age he was always going to struggle. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

What a classy farewell. I shouldn't be surprised, it goes with his demeanour. A real sadness from me that it didn't work out in the end here, I personally thought we should have played him further forward, but that's how things go sometimes. I can do nothing but wish him all the best for the future. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Why would that be, surely compo is compo, whoever he joins ?

No, English FA (EFL / PL) retained the old 24 years of age “compo / tribunal scheme”, the rest of FIFA adopted 23.  The FA use a panel to decide compo.  FIFA use a fixed calculation…and it’s low value.

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

I think the problem for Han, Preston aside - is that one his last games was that shambolic performance at Brum back in October (?) - think he got subbed off for Kadji. The only game this season I thought he played decently in was Cardiff at home, to be honest.

I do think - this season at least - there were not many genuinely good performance. Mainly because mentally, positionally at least, he never seemed switched on - I think ultimately it just got stale for him and he needs fresh setting as proved at Auxerre.

Agree that Brum was a crap performance, in a crap team performance too.  It cost Bentley his place here!

As for good performances, Luton (h), Coventry (a) (Lg Cup).  But there is also the good old “6/10” performance in between good and crap too.  He only made 6 league + 2 cup starts.

I’m sure a move was the best for him come the end.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, redkev said:

You must have watched him in training or in the park , I saw him play just a handful of decent games if that , the game use to just pass him by , don’t get me wrong always had a good attitude tried his best but like many others have said just didn’t click at the time , 

Preston away best player on the pitch by a country mile

• Like 1

HNM seems a personable and pleasant bloke. I’d say the one thing he may have done wrong was not let us know further in advance he was leaving but he’s under no obligation there.

From a footballing sense, in the age old “hit” or “miss”, he has to go down as a “miss”. I never really saw from game one to game 100 any sign of real progression - both in terms of consistency and in terms,  most key of all for me, of positional awareness. It might be stretching a point to say he just ran around, but he certainly had limited positional discipline - whether playing well and getting over enthusiastic or poorly and trying too hard. He didn’t just have the one good game, but his good games were too infrequent, and you could never rely on him to go out and just do a job. I don’t think it was for want of trying, I just don’t think he ever progressed - and as has been said, it’s a shame Nige wasn’t here sooner in how he’s brought players through.

Similar to Elliasson, he got a bit of a pass from the fanbase for being foreign and having the odd dazzling moment. But if we’d had most midfielders here and over 100 games (not about goals and assists), having a chequered, non improving record then a fond farewell message wouldn’t butter any parsnips. 

Wish him well, but not really fussed that he’s gone.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

Shame. I don't see City that much, but I did see HNM a bit, and there were glimpses of a player who could be tremendous - but he needs coaching, to be developed into the special talent he can become. Seems a lovely lad and I'm genuinely gutted. Best wishes to him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

https://theathletic.com/4667160/2023/07/06/leeds-united-transfers-sales-daniel-farke/

Leeds have an interest in Coventry City’s Gustavo Hamer and Han-Noah Massengo, the 21-year-old who is out of contract at Bristol City. Massengo would command a compensation fee due to his age.

Hoping Burnley pans out. It would be great to see what Vinnie can do for his game.

3 hours ago, RedRoss said:

https://theathletic.com/4667160/2023/07/06/leeds-united-transfers-sales-daniel-farke/

Leeds have an interest in Coventry City’s Gustavo Hamer and Han-Noah Massengo, the 21-year-old who is out of contract at Bristol City. Massengo would command a compensation fee due to his age.

If any of the clubs in La Liga, the Bundesliga & Ligue 1 that he’s been linked with are true, then I’d be absolutely amazed if he is in The Championship again next season.

Burnley I could understand, the chance to play against Man City, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc, but not to play in England again at our level.

Elisssom had 3rd highest assists in the division, double figures in his final season despite not necessarily starting week in week out.

Did he have other areas of his gsme that needed improvement of course but only Wallace and Pereira out assisted that year, in the case of Pereria in an undoubtedly stronger and more creative West Brom.

5 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Had a couple mates from Leeds tell me they’re in talks with him . Not sure on original source but take it as you will .

It’s all over social media.

Time will tell, certainly he’s going to make a definitive decision in the next few weeks.

• Like 1