IGNORED

Massengo Contract

2 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Had a couple mates from Leeds tell me they’re in talks with him . Not sure on original source but take it as you will .

Phil Hay, The Athletic's Leeds correspondent, says Leeds think he's a very good player and would like to sign him but he thinks it will be difficult given the amount of European interest.

On 07/07/2023 at 19:55, chinapig said:

Phil Hay, The Athletic's Leeds correspondent, says Leeds think he's a very good player and would like to sign him but he thinks it will be difficult given the amount of European interest.

Found this article by him…

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/phil-hay-comments-on-han-noah-massengo-interest-will-be-difficult-for-leeds-to-do/

4 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

He’s still our player until the 30th July…

Until 30th July. Really. Blimey I didn’t know that! Does this apply to Kalas Moore etc as well? That would explain the lack of pre season training I guess. 

Edited by REDOXO

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Which bit?

Re 1st Aug, maximising his 1-month severance payout from us.

Wow. Miss a pre season with a new club for a lousy one month payout! I have a great difficulty in seeing that as a barrier to signing with anyone, particularly if there was a contract on the table. 

However some players, representatives (people in general) are exceptionally tight. 

I see Taylor Moore looks as though he has a deal. Good luck to him. I always thought he was a good lad that had his confidence hacked out from underneath him and he never really got it back  

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Wow. Miss a pre season with a new club for a lousy one month payout! I have a great difficulty in seeing that as a barrier to signing with anyone, particularly if there was a contract on the table. 

However some players, representatives (people in general) are exceptionally tight. 

I see Taylor Moore looks as though he has a deal. Good luck to him. I always thought he was a good lad that had his confidence hacked out from underneath him and he never really got it back  

It is of course possible he is training with another club as well as doing his own stuff - he used to do a personal session pre+training even when he was with us.  Who knows his thought process?  From an outsider looking in, he’s got his thinking all wrong over this imho.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Thought I seen somewhere the other day he was linked with Celta Vigo.

He has been, along with a couple of Bundesliga clubs (Werder Bremen most recently) & a few In Ligue 1.

• Like 3

Seems odd to hold out too long.  If he suffers an injury whilst training on his own then any interested club would likely not sign him. If he did his ACL for instance would a club want to pay close to a years salary whilst he hopefully recovers. A very good player but maybe overestimating his own stock right now and holding out for a perceived deal that’s not there. Will all be resolved soon either way with seasons fast approaching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, REDOXO said:

It's off topic but I really liked Taylor Moore when he first arrived, looked competent and keen to take responsibility which is a great trait in a young centre back. Didn't he ask to be captain after wearing the armband in a cup match? Agree about confidence, became scapegoat for a lot of defensive errors that were really those of other players (he was a victim of Kalas's defensive leadership). Not sure if he'd have made it here but like many of the young players we signed in that era, such as HNM, he certainly wasn't helped by the people around him.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Which bit?

Re 1st Aug, maximising his 1-month severance payout from us.

How does this work then?

Contract expires 30th June but if they don’t sign for another club we pay them a further months redundancy money as such and then they can sign for another club from the 31st July? 

6 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

How does this work then?

Contract expires 30th June but if they don’t sign for another club we pay them a further months redundancy money as such and then they can sign for another club from the 31st July? 

Effectively, Yes, although the 'extra' month's salary is not truly 'redundancy money', rather it is contractual. 

44 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

So it transpires hes been drawing wages after his heart felt goodbye weeks ago now, he's being very very poorly advised, contractual or not, I suggest he donates it to charity 

What! Never heard such rubbish

He is owed this by the club he signed a contract which he and the club honoured

Nothing to get all precious about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1