IGNORED

Arctic Monkeys @ AG

'Orns

Looking for advice on behalf on my daughter - gang of them heading down for the concert and now she's panicking about parking
Anyone got any suggestions / best bets / easiest to get in and out of

Never done a concert at the Gate, so not sure if the same as matchday

• Admin
8 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Looking for advice on behalf on my daughter - gang of them heading down for the concert and now she's panicking about parking
Anyone got any suggestions / best bets / easiest to get in and out of

Never done a concert at the Gate, so not sure if the same as matchday

Lots of information here Travel 2023 | Ashton Gate (ashtongatestadium.co.uk)

It is very different to football with many roads closed for longer periods of time

• Like 1

For The Killers there last year I caught a bus into town, well Clifton as I thought town and the Docks would be busy. I had a few drinks and food. Got the metro bus to AG. After the concert we walked to Temple Meads and caught the bus home to Briz. Buses near the stadium were rammed, taxis, cars and traffic everywhere with people picking others up. It is a fair walk back to TM but I just wanted to be away. I did the same for Take That too.

On 25/05/2023 at 11:01, italian dave said:

Blimey! I was just about to suggest looking there ??

Makes you wonder what’s wrong with that £6.10 one! 

On 25/05/2023 at 11:03, Super said:

£112 or £6.10 let me think!

On 25/05/2023 at 18:07, TonyTonyTony said:

The 6 quid one is sainsburys apparently. 

IMG_4222.thumb.jpeg.7b15a9169ba9e135534d06549c555d54.jpeg 

Indeed, the £6 one is Sainsbury's but it never actually stops showing when it's sold out until you try and pay. Which is very annoying. I'm 99% sure it's actually sold out. 

Just had an email about the park and ride buses. It says the Portway bus leaves, according to What 3 Words, on the north bound carriageway opposite Access Self Storage. That can’t be right can it? 

It does say southbound but even if the road is closed it’ll be on the wrong road to get to the Brunel rd flyover.

16 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Incredible, ask most people in the street who they were and they wouldn’t have a clue! …:laughcont: certainly not my cup of tea 

I think that you are well out of touch on this one. The ‘kids’ absolutely love this band.

The whole tour sold out in minutes, 8 months in advance. That’s hundreds of thousands of tickets at circa £80 a pop. Tens of thousands locked out of the online ticket sales and resale tickets at hundreds of pounds above face value.

It’s not my cup of tea either but there’s no denying the level this band is at.

I’ll be going as I’m taking my daughter & friends. Should be an interesting gig I think.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, not_for_you said:

I think that you are well out of touch on this one. The ‘kids’ absolutely love this band.

The whole tour sold out in minutes, 8 months in advance. That’s hundreds of thousands of tickets at circa £80 a pop. Tens of thousands locked out of the online ticket sales and resale tickets at hundreds of pounds above face value.

It’s not my cup of tea either but there’s no denying the level this band is at.

I’ll be going as I’m taking my daughter & friends. Should be an interesting gig I think.

Yep.  A band that first played in Bristol to one man and his dog at The Croft in 2005 is now playing to 30k.  And that’s still relatively small compared to some of the gigs they do now.  Seen them multiple times - a shit hot live band.  Taking my 13 year daughter today who is obsessed with them - can’t wait!  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Wouldn’t have thought the Arctic Monkeys were a big enough band to fill AG 

17 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Incredible, ask most people in the street who they were and they wouldn’t have a clue! …:laughcont: certainly not my cup of tea 

Fastest selling British debut album of all-time, and their first five albums all went straight to no.1 in the sales charts. 

But if you say so... 

• Like 3