IGNORED

Arctic Monkeys @ AG

'Orns

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

The volume at the moment is deafening in here. And I’m in the Dolman ?

It was wobbling the Dolman.  In maybe 4 songs.  It's more disconcerting at a concert as it carries on for 3 or 4 minutes.

I was very impressed by them.  As the article posted above says, they are trying to nail down stadium performances which is difficult when you're a traditional band with little gimmickry.  It wobbled a bit (particularly 505) but that was more technical.  Also helped that Alex Turner didn't witter on whilst off his tits which I've seen him do at Reading/Glastonbury.    They should get more credit really.  It is genuinely amazing how they appeal to so many young people.  They are just about the only thing my 3 teenagers all like...

48 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure why. The greatest hits in the main 

IMG_3145.png

Yeah I’ve not seen any objections to the set list - if anything, reaction on social media has been uniformly positive. There was a fear about how the material from “The Car” would translate as it’s a different pace but there were only three from there and Body Paint is a totally different animal live. The only song I thought fell a little flat was Four out of Five as the reworking didn’t hugely suit (and I love that song). Helders drumming though throughout was immense. I think Alex had not to talk after the lead singer of the Hives rambled for longer than anyone I’ve seen since Bono went on his epic rants live.

Seen them (I think) seven times now. Early gigs at places like the Academy were great but they’re definitely stadium now. What with that and being able to see Blur at Wolves civic on Friday it’s been a hell of a weekend.

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Fair play, that's one more than me!      When I say that,if you played me one I'd probably know the tune .

They're one of these new fangled "Beat Groups" Slarts, long haired layabouts,  I've heard a rumour that Joe Loss and his Orchestra may be one of the gigs (concerts) at the Gate next summer 

• Admin
9 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Great night and the first time I’ve been in AG with that many fans in for well over 40 years. Thought the stadium was excellent for concerts, really looked the business.

@phantom I presume there are no more concerts this summer because we’re laying a new pitch. 

I know the original plans were to have a week of concerts, I guess if people aren't available there's nothing we can do

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Only one word for last nights gig apparently. Can you guess what it was?

That interviewer obviously wasn't listening to what they were saying, was he?

"Amazing gig, amazing, amazing, Florescent Adolescent was incredible, I was in tears", etc.

"So what did you make of the whole experience and what was your favourite song?"

• Haha 1

Now confirmed it’s because of the pitch renovations that there are no more concerts this year.

I was thinking, surely that is the biggest takings for an event at Ashton Gate……ever!

Bristol live said it was the biggest attendance of all the concerts and I can’t imagine any of the others were more expensive.

Biggest attendance, biggest takings, now off to headline Glastonbury……..again. Are you starting to believe us @Slippin cider these guys are big

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 22:45, Laner said:

Weird cus on the pitch it was the worst PA ever at the gate. £80 to hear the South Stand sing Artic Monkeys. Thanks.

I guess it depends where on the pitch you were stood.  It was perfect where we were (just in front of the sound booth) but was shit right at the back as we made our way to leave mid encore to get our train.  No wonder every one was singing in the South Stand, it was make sure they got to hear the lyrics!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Now confirmed it’s because of the pitch renovations that there are no more concerts this year.

I was thinking, surely that is the biggest takings for an event at Ashton Gate……ever!

Bristol live said it was the biggest attendance of all the concerts and I can’t imagine any of the others were more expensive.

Biggest attendance, biggest takings, now off to headline Glastonbury……..again. Are you starting to believe us @Slippin cider these guys are big

We were trying to calculate the profit made last night.  Based on the mark up on cider alone (or gin, or cocktails!), if 30,000 bought 2 drinks and we exceeded that, that's almost £2.50 mark up from match day.  £140,000 in drinks alone.  And then there's the ticket prices which averaged £80 maybe.  That's £2.4 million into the pot to start with.  A good percentage of that would have gone for the rental of the venue. 

A lot of pluses and minuses but I guess we maybe cleared nearly £500,000 profit?

53 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

We were trying to calculate the profit made last night.  Based on the mark up on cider alone (or gin, or cocktails!), if 30,000 bought 2 drinks and we exceeded that, that's almost £2.50 mark up from match day.  £140,000 in drinks alone.  And then there's the ticket prices which averaged £80 maybe.  That's £2.4 million into the pot to start with.  A good percentage of that would have gone for the rental of the venue. 

A lot of pluses and minuses but I guess we maybe cleared nearly £500,000 profit?

Yeah it would have been a big number, there were a lot of expensive hospitality deals too. My only complaint was I was a bit disappointed with the food options compared to football.

Anyway, how the money gets shared around I have absolutely no idea. Will the football and rugby clubs see any of it?

Talking to a few people who went to Muse at Plymouth’s ground on Saturday makes you realise how professional everything is at AG. It sounded pretty chaotic but I think it’s the first time they’ve held a concert and their concourses are awful compared to ours. As are most to be fair. 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it would have been a big number, there were a lot of expensive hospitality deals too. My only complaint was I was a bit disappointed with the food options compared to football.

Anyway, how the money gets shared around I have absolutely no idea. Will the football and rugby clubs see any of it?

Talking to a few people who went to Muse at Plymouth’s ground on Saturday makes you realise how professional everything is at AG. It sounded pretty chaotic but I think it’s the first time they’ve held a concert and their concourses are awful compared to ours. As are most to be fair. 

It was nice to hear The Hives bigging up our ground.  It drew a few boos but mostly cheers.  My son was wearing a City shirt (classic Tinnion Anfield vintage) and had a number of people congratulating him.  I also complimented a young fella wearing the old white and red Freight Rover v Mansfield shirt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

I don't imagine it'll be as lucrative as a lot of people assume, would have thought that the promoter rents the stadium/staffing/sterwarding for a fixed fee and takes all the risks in the event that the concert doesn't sell out/gets cancelled etc. I would also expect that the promoter also gets a share of the bar takings, so 500k might be around the mark, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was nearer the 250k amount.

Either way, much needed revenue and if next season they're able to put of 3 or 4 events of a similar size, then that would make a real difference to some part of the Bristol Sport group that may, or may not, be beneficial to our FFP compliance! (I have absolutely no idea how that works, with so many different companies associated with Bristol Sport, does any of this do anything other than reduce the amount SL has to plough in each year?) 

• The title was changed to Arctic Monkeys @ AG