IGNORED

Arctic Monkeys @ AG

'Orns

1 hour ago, not_for_you said:

I think that you are well out of touch on this one. The ‘kids’ absolutely love this band.

The whole tour sold out in minutes, 8 months in advance. That’s hundreds of thousands of tickets at circa £80 a pop. Tens of thousands locked out of the online ticket sales and resale tickets at hundreds of pounds above face value.

It’s not my cup of tea either but there’s no denying the level this band is at.

I’ll be going as I’m taking my daughter & friends. Should be an interesting gig I think.

Fair play to them for selling out these big venues, i just don’t put them in the same class as the usual stadium fillers like Elton John, Rod Stewart, Tom Jones , Coldplay, Depeche Mode etc . I know of one song of theirs and didn’t like that , probably an age thing. If that’s your thing then enjoy .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Fair play to them for selling out these big venues, i just don’t put them in the same class as the usual stadium fillers like Elton John, Rod Stewart, Tom Jones , Coldplay, Depeche Mode etc . I know of one song of theirs and didn’t like that , probably an age thing. If that’s your thing then enjoy .

I'm 66 and absolutely love 'em, so probably not an age thing, more like having a great taste in music thing ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, southside said:

I'm 66 and absolutely love 'em, so probably not an age thing, more like having a great taste in music thing ?

I have a huge and eclectic mix of music in my collection of both Vinyl and CDs and used to play drums in a band so probably not. :laughcont:  Just not my thing but as I’ve said , if they float your boat, enjoy ? 

Edited by Slippin cider

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

So because you don’t like them means that people on the street don’t know them? The power you have, blimey 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

My first concert down the gate this one. Planning to arrive around 16:30, does that seem about the right time? 

Don’t want to be too early but also don’t want to be rushing in. 

I guess that depends what you want to do and whether you are standing and want a great spot or reserved seating (so it doesn’t matter) etc.  Expect there will be plenty there at that time. I’m planning on about 2.5hrs later as just want to see The Hives beforehand and am in reserved seats so will take the opportunity to drink cheaper and better beer beforehand!  

Edited by lenred

1 hour ago, southside said:

Yep - my father in law is joining us and he’s 73 and got superb music taste. Much larger spread of ages at most gigs and festivals these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

First time concert at AG for me later today. Looking forward to it!

My first concert at AG too, I’ve seen cricket, Rugby and even a bit of football so looking forward to this.

Just got a packed M5 and a closed Portway to negotiate 

36 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Portway closed in both directions. Police dealing with a welfare incident.

Does welfare incident mean someone has jumped off the bridge?

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Fair play, that's one more than me!      When I say that,if you played me one I'd probably know the tune .

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder what ha with the plans to hold more concerts this summer 

I guess they couldn't come to an agreement with anyone else. Many go to Cardiff and not Bristol for this part of the country. I don't think we were ever in for Beyonce mind ?, but maybe Harry Styles who is going to Cardiff and Coventry.

By Cardiff I mean the Mill Stad not Cardiff City btw ?

• Like 1