IGNORED

It’s going to bad a interesting league next season

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Need a f*cking good summer transfer wise ?

See this is just what we did with Ashton and it nearly cost us a points deduction and possible relegation. The club is developing a  great crop of youngsters that are already first team regulars, with Bryan and a a couple of others coming in I expect us to really improve next season.

We were hit hard by injuries last season in key areas, I really think we have already a good enough squad with a bit of magic dust sprinkled we can get top 6.

Not sure if I could endure another play off misery though, so just win the league eh?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

It really is and far more interesting than the the dullards that are the Prems whipping boys. In this league literally anyone can beat anyone.

Would still like us to be up there giving it a go, who knows what might happen, quite a few teams that have gone up in the past few seasons have not done too badly I would like to think of us as being like them rather than whipping boys.

• Like 1

I really don’t understand why there’s so much hype up around next season. It’ll be the same as any other. Over achievers, under achievers, surprise packages, everyone beating everyone. 

There’s always big teams coming down. But this is no season coming up that had sides like Newcastle the two times they’ve come down. People thought Watford and West Brom would be nailed on to go back up. Same with Sunderland when they came down. 

Southampton are in turmoil. Leeds have lost all identity too and Leicester will have their side picked apart. We will be a better side next season too. 

I’m really excited for it already. You have to beat good teams if you want to get out of this league, no matter the make up of it. 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Yep, Plymouth sound like they're not investing too much following promotion, Wednesday are a massive club but their team isn't that great so if they come up I don't think they'll be all that strong. 

I can see Stoke, Watford and Millwall improving significantly, I can see Birmingham, WBA, Swansea and Cardiff feeling some financial pain and struggling. 

Cov will lose Hamer and Gyokeres for sure. Will they attract sufficiently good replacements? 

I don't actually buy that the past season was "weak". Nor do I buy that the coming season will be "strong". 

So what are you saying then perc....... 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I really don’t understand why there’s so much hype up around next season. It’ll be the same as any other. Over achievers, under achievers, surprise packages, everyone beating everyone. 

Something that is going to be interesting is the potential impact of the new agent regs. We have the FIFA ones published and the FA ones coming in a fortnight or so which should mirror and implement those FIFA regs, but may have some English quirks as well.

Amongst other things they're going to end the practice of clubs paying fees on behalf of players as a benefit in kind. Instead players (who earn more than USD200,000 per year - so almost all our main players) have to pay their agent out of their net income.

Also ending is the practice of those fees being paid out in a one off block lump sum. Rather agents will take their fees quarterly across the life of the contract.

These rules come into effect in October, and so this window is the last one under "old" rules. 

Expect a lot of agent pressure to get a high number of transfers done this summer, attempting to siphon as much money out of clubs before their clients start holding them accountable as they pay personally from the autumn.

It might mean we see a bit more churn this summer, and so it's probably even harder than usual to predict who will and won't be strong come September. Just a little quirk of bueracracy impacting the "real" world.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Something that is going to be interesting is the potential impact of the new agent regs. We have the FIFA ones published and the FA ones coming in a fortnight or so which should mirror and implement those FIFA regs, but may have some English quirks as well.

Amongst other things they're going to end the practice of clubs paying fees on behalf of players as a benefit in kind. Instead players (who earn more than USD200,000 per year - so almost all our main players) have to pay their agent out of their net income.

Also ending is the practice of those fees being paid out in a one off block lump sum. Rather agents will take their fees quarterly across the life of the contract.

These rules come into effect in October, and so this window is the last one under "old" rules. 

Expect a lot of agent pressure to get a high number of transfers done this summer, attempting to siphon as much money out of clubs before their clients start holding them accountable as they pay personally from the autumn.

It might mean we see a bit more churn this summer, and so it's probably even harder than usual to predict who will and won't be strong come September. Just a little quirk of bueracracy impacting the "real" world.

Very interesting many thanks 

6 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

It really is and far more interesting than the the dullards that are the Prems whipping boys. In this league literally anyone can beat anyone.

Far more interesting? I know which league I'd rather be in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting, thanks for that

10 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I’m going to be honest I pinched this picture of Facebook 

some big teams again next season 

IMG_8737.png

Define what is a big team?

We had a play off final yesterday of Luton and Coventry.

Are either of those bigger than City?

The Championship is such a crazy league, anything could happen.