IGNORED

complete pitch renovation

Antman

14 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

It was always the plan to replace it this season. Hence only the one concert being held at AG this year. The planning of hosting these events takes well over a year, with tickets going on sale about 6/8 months prior. Therefore, planning the events would be happening now for next season and ultimately the planning for the events this year would have been done at the end of 21/22 season. Only booking the one at the end of May means it was always the plan to have it redone. 

The fact the pitch looked crap at times this season, was in essence good timing.

You are mostly right. Although it was never the intention to just have one concert, why would they as putting in all the extra stuff isn't cost effective for one. But for various reasons one was all that could be secured. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, beaverface said:

So, have they "turfed" the pitch rather than grow it from seed? It literally was a sand pit last week.

I was really surprised by the transition already, I remember we had a time lapse video of the plastic fibres being installed previously

The tent with the kit inside went around really slowly 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I was really surprised by the transition already, I remember we had a time lapse video of the plastic fibres being installed previously

The tent with the kit inside went around really slowly 

Yes if I remember rightly each strand had to be injected in or something. I guess technology has moved on.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 09:18, Smith & Gavin said:

Here’s how it was looking last night!

IMG_0434.jpeg

I wonder what the pitch is looking like at the Memorial at present.

No doubt, they will get around to it at some stage, and then have to drive lorries across it to build the prefab stand in record time.

• Haha 1

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not doubting the picture from the person who was there, but this has just been tweeted.

Spot the difference.

(the club photo could be weeks old)

The club are going to be releasing weekly updates, I guess to keep people interested they are only letting certain pictures out at certain times

?️ New pitch for Ashton Gate | Bristol City (bcfc.co.uk)

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Admin is gonna take your comment, photoshop a red horizontal light to the front of that tractor and he'll have Jason exit said vehicle in the new away K.I.T.T

Now that would be a decent announcement video! ..but I fear the same admin who put the bow tie under Dickies shirt, does not possess that level of creative vision. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

On iPad I have to click, then click another, then go back to the one I wanted to enlarge.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Try the red arrows at the edge of the big picture then you have to keep going back to the last picture opened!

This is what I get. The picture vanishes 

Screenshot_20230623_192128_Samsung Internet.jpg

For all Windows users, right click and select "open link in new tab"

A new tab will open with the picture you selected.

A right pain, as you have to do this for each picture.

Amazed that what looks like a fully turfed pitch is only 5% of what will eventually be the finished product.

It looks like they apply a mixture of soil and seed over the top of the "astro turf"

Edited by zippycar
spelling and additional words