IGNORED

Steve Cotterill sacking now confirmed

9 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Shabby. 

I've got to admit, I never really thought much of the bloke before he came here. But having "got to know" the real Cotts here, you've got to say the bloke deserves so much more than he's ever really gotten. 

I hope Shrews go down, now. 

The Shrew and The few...that'll do.

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Boardroom drivel, from the accounts I've read. Decisions being made without his input, I actually presumed he would resign before the new season started because of the DOF stuff/radio interviews at the end of the 

Probably not best to resign in those circumstances unless you were confident of winning a constructive dismisal case, or didn't need the payoff.

Seems pretty unprofessional by the club.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shrews have just appointed Cheltenham’s DOF Mickey Moore, which forced Keith Burt out the door.  All of this unbeknown to Cotts.

Best league finish in 30-odd years.

Got to the playoffs in 2019 didn't they?

• Like 1

Been told on very good authority that the chairman is upsetting people left and right, and this decision was essentially made before the last ball had been kicked. Have to be careful what else I say but it’ll be a case of watch it all come crumbling or he’s gonna be a visionary, but the feeling is the former.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Been told on very good authority that the chairman is upsetting people left and right, and this decision was essentially made before the last ball had been kicked. Have to be careful what else I say but it’ll be a case of watch it all come crumbling or he’s gonna be a visionary, but the feeling is the former.

That seems to tally with what I've read online. Apparently the chairman has a habit of employing people then falling out with them, and there's been no sight or sound of Cotts since the season ended.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That seems to tally with what I've read online. Apparently the chairman has a habit of employing people then falling out with them, and there's been no sight or sound of Cotts since the season ended.

I find people like that really odd. If you continually fall out with people. Does it not come across your mind that it might be you that is the problem?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ecko said:

He had a bust up with the chairman over a signing a few weeks ago.

Sounds a bit like stories when he was here - ie wanted to sign better players without being prepared to be constrained by a budget. Their chairman seems to think he was overspending, or wanting to.

Also some fans thinking Wilbs might take over.

Edited by Leveller
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Usual poor reporting from Bristol World. the piece refers to Shrewsbury appointing Mickey Mellon as Director of Football, when of course it's Mickey Moore ex Cheltenham who has joined them as DoF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Shrews have just appointed Cheltenham’s DOF Mickey Moore, which forced Keith Burt out the door.  All of this unbeknown to Cotts.

Best league finish in 30-odd years.

Didn't they finish 3rd not so long ago?