IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Comparing his demeanour in this video to two years ago is chalk and cheese.

He sounds confident, chipper and is talking faster than I've ever heard him speak. He even looks younger!

This is comfortably the most encouraging interview I've heard by a manager of City in years. 

To have a manager of the experience of Pearson talk in such glowing terms about his squad, and of aiming for competing "well into the top half" of the table next season is massively encouraging. 

It's going to be bloody tough next season but a few more smart moves in the transfer market and I'm really starting to believe we could be in for an exciting season. 

That'll be the barnet. He's gone back to his 'Leicester cut'....

...and having been on the Foxes Talk forum and seen the clamour for his return, it doesn't sit easy with me. ?

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And most importantly, he came in here and told Lansdown what he needed to hear. For far too long we've had managers here who have told Lansdown what he wanted to hear, managers that have stroked his billionaire ego. That has held us back significantly. 

Pearson has the ability to manage upwards aswell as sideways and downwards and that's something we have lacked for as long as I can remember.

And the ones who did tell him what he needed to hear at the time didn't last much longer afterwards.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He sounds confident, chipper and is talking faster than I've ever heard him speak. He even looks younger!

This is comfortably the most encouraging interview I've heard by a manager of City in years. 

To have a manager of the experience of Pearson talk in such glowing terms about his squad, and of aiming for competing "well into the top half" of the table next season is massively encouraging. 

It's going to be bloody tough next season but a few more smart moves in the transfer market and I'm really starting to believe we could be in for an exciting season. 

I thought that too. No doubt he's had a good 2/3 weeks off to relax and recharge. We know that he has other interests and hobbies and he strikes me as the type who could just switch off from football for a couple of weeks if he wanted (he's mentioned before that he doesn't watch SSN or anything like that) and there are peoeple in place at the club now who enable him to do that.

My favourite manager in my lifetime of supporting City has always been Jordan, and even given what Cotterill did I never thought that would change.

But this man is changing my mind big time. 

He hasn't achieved with the team what either of those two did, but he wasn't just brought in for that. 

And this is where I think we have to give credit to the Lansdowns. 

Finally.

After a history of haphazard managerial appointments, and after the ultimate failure of 'project LJ' and getting hoodwinked (allegedly ?) by a man with the same name as the area of BS3, it seems that they finally worked on a vision for the club. A vision based upon the new training facility that could provide a base for everyone. First team, Academy,  Women's team and all the alloted staff.

And then, by luck or judgement, they hired a manager that could not only progress the team on the pitch, but could be the glue to bring all the above together. 

Of course, some of you more ITK can possibly shed light on or debunk this theory. 

All I know is that by judgement or happenstance, we are in a very good place and in very good hands.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Dasilva contribution to the Club was ‘remarkable’.  Interesting considering he split fans opinions. 

I suppose contribution doesnt just include performance on the pitch - which was not bad. Perhaps he was a good trainer, followed instructions well and was a good lad around the place. That's how i interpreted it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Dasilva contribution to the Club was ‘remarkable’.  Interesting considering he split fans opinions. 

Guess there all manner of things that go into that, and possibly (I’m only speculating) referring to Jay’s attitude (good attitude) in a couple of spells…last season when he came back into to play RWB and this season having lost his place, coming back in again as Pring was needed at LCB.  I think Nige appreciates that as much, if not more than ability, especially if you don’t have the attitude to match the ability.

As for Jay’s performances, yeah, split opinions, but I think most of us agree that overall he was a good egg.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He also looks more relaxed and less spikey than he was a year or so ago so that bodes well too.

Apart from his hair, which looked more spikey!

21 minutes ago, Superjack said:

My favourite manager in my lifetime of supporting City has always been Jordan, and even given what Cotterill did I never thought that would change.

But this man is changing my mind big time. 

He hasn't achieved with the team what either of those two did, but he wasn't just brought in for that. 

And this is where I think we have to give credit to the Lansdowns. 

Finally.

After a history of haphazard managerial appointments, and after the ultimate failure of 'project LJ' and getting hoodwinked (allegedly ?) by a man with the same name as the area of BS3, it seems that they finally worked on a vision for the club. A vision based upon the new training facility that could provide a base for everyone. First team, Academy,  Women's team and all the alloted staff.

And then, by luck or judgement, they hired a manager that could not only progress the team on the pitch, but could be the glue to bring all the above together. 

Of course, some of you more ITK can possibly shed light on or debunk this theory. 

All I know is that by judgement or happenstance, we are in a very good place and in very good hands.

‘He hasn't achieved with the team what either of those two did, but he wasn't just brought in for that.’

Depends how you measure achievement. I would suggest it’s easier to get us out of league one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eardun said:

‘He hasn't achieved with the team what either of those two did, but he wasn't just brought in for that.’

Depends how you measure achievement. I would suggest it’s easier to get us out of league one. 

Yes. Agreed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I thought that too. No doubt he's had a good 2/3 weeks off to relax and recharge. We know that he has other interests and hobbies and he strikes me as the type who could just switch off from football for a couple of weeks if he wanted (he's mentioned before that he doesn't watch SSN or anything like that) and there are peoeple in place at the club now who enable him to do that.

I feel like Nige has changed as a person since he's been here. 

When he 1st came here he said he switches his phone off when away from football and rarely even thinks about it and that he doesn't even watch Premier League football. He used to place a real emphasis on his time away from football.

However since then in his interviews he's spoken about Premier League games he's watched on TV. He speaks much less about his time away from football. 

I think he's began to fall back in love with football again at out club. I think in the past he had become pretty bored of modern football. But now you can see the glow on his face when he talks about this club. I think he found a home here and loves the synergy between academy, first team and the ladies team, which of course he's helped to create. 

When he first came here he was quite brash in interviews. Now it seems like he's really happy and comfortable and quite enjoys them. When watching this interview I kinda got the feeling as if it was Nige that requested to do the interview. 

I had expected Nige to be on his holidays for quite a long period trekking up mountains or something but I think after a short break he just couldn't keep away.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Let’s not forget when he arrived here he was still getting over an awful spell of long covid, he then had a relapse which had us wondering if we’d seen the last of him when he took some time off.

That all looks behind him now thank goodness, his health would have been his first priority but with that looking sorted and things at work on the up him and the rest of us are all looking younger………..maybe! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Guess there all manner of things that go into that, and possibly (I’m only speculating) referring to Jay’s attitude (good attitude) in a couple of spells…last season when he came back into to play RWB and this season having lost his place, coming back in again as Pring was needed at LCB.  I think Nige appreciates that as much, if not more than ability, especially if you don’t have the attitude to match the ability.

As for Jay’s performances, yeah, split opinions, but I think most of us agree that overall he was a good egg.

100%, plus his commitment to the cause after his move in January got pulled at the last minute.

It isn’t only about on pitch contribution, it’s how you react to team mates, support staff & management.

Obvious there have been some Pearson has fired out, think he just wanted to clarify here Jay wasn’t one like that.

Always remember an interesting comment he made about Adam Nagy where he said he appreciated his honesty & willingness to lose out financially in order to go.

Not always as obvious as it might well appear.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Agree to a point. 

Edited by Buster Footman's T shirt
Uploaded in error

The feeling around the club is fantastic right now. On the last game of the season at QPR we had 7 academy graduates in the squad with 6 starting. Take Sam Bell for example at the start of the season it was looking like that he may not make it and yes he still has a lot to learn but he is certainly working his socks off every week and Nige has no doubt helped him develop as with the rest of the coaching staff. This will hopefully attract people to our academy knowing there is a pathway to the first team if you are willing to work hard and earn a chance in the first team. I can't wait to see who is next to come through the academy. All of this is thanks to Nige. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Let’s not forget when he arrived here he was still getting over an awful spell of long covid, he then had a relapse which had us wondering if we’d seen the last of him when he took some time off.

That all looks behind him now thank goodness, his health would have been his first priority but with that looking sorted and things at work on the up him and the rest of us are all looking younger………..maybe! 

Absolutely, and to think that at least one on here was suggesting he was taking some time of to recover from his alcoholism!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Echo pretty much everything everyone has said.

I know it's so easy to be optimistic during the break between seasons, but I've rarely felt such complete trust in a manager as I feel with Nige. 

And I think that's one of his main strengths as a leader. His players and staff trust him implicitly because he had that rare trait, integrity. 

I don't care who knows it, I'm a Nigel Pearson fanboy.

I still can't believe we had certain sections of our crowd singing "we want Pearson out" half way through last season. 

My understanding is there was a feeling of bewilderment within the club about those fans feelings because everyone has seen the job Nige has done here even tho it kay have not always shown on the pitch. 

I often get fans from other clubs say to me in a mocking tone "Pearson at the wheel" they see it as we are accepting mid table obscurity by having Pearson here. I don't think they quote grasp the job Nige has done here and that he's set us up nicely for a very exciting future.

• Robin 1

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I still can't believe we had certain sections of our crowd singing "we want Pearson out" half way through last season. 

My understanding is there was a feeling of bewilderment within the club about those fans feelings because everyone has seen the job Nige has done here even tho it kay have not always shown on the pitch. 

I often get fans from other clubs say to me in a mocking tone "Pearson at the wheel" they see it as we are accepting mid table obscurity by having Pearson here. I don't think they quote grasp the job Nige has done here and that he's set us up nicely for a very exciting future.

Only a very small proportion of the crowd, during one game, if I recall correctly. And they were shouted down, certainly in my area of the South Stand. 

Every club has a small proportion of clueless fucktards in its fanbase and we are no exception.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1