IGNORED

Warnock stays on.... Now gone again

Legendary manager - record number of promotions on his CV that probably won’t be surpassed - incredible ability - eg, took over as Cardiff manager when they were in the relegation places in the championship - took them to a top ten finish that season then promoted them to the premier league the season after.

Anyone who doubts his ability in the championship clearly doesn’t know what it takes ... I’ve always said, he ain’t a premier league manager, but if you want to get there, employ him ... Lansdown’s apparently petty dislike of him may well have cost us serious progress - make no mistake, Neil Warnock is a born winner, and the most successful manager ever, in terms of promotions ... 

• Like 12

He did an impressive job at Cardiff and has been a strong manager, great at this level but they were still in receipt of Year 3, and latterly 4th and final year of Parachute Payments when he was there. These were lower then but that made a poor situation still able to be salvaged.

Think Huddersfield are making a mistake though but it's the new owners prerogative.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just read the Huddersfield owners take, https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/kevin-nagle-neil-warnock-departure-27741008?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#google_vignette

Love him or hate him, Warnock has been a superb manager and thoroughly deserves his Huddersfield send off. 

Compare this to the plight of Watford managerial appointees, who on day one receive a special app with a countdown clock.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Who is taking bets on which club he may rescue this season?

If you want a real basket case bet on Cheltenham. They haven’t scored a league goal this season. With his record of developing tough defensive teams he could try to help them survive by drawing all the remaining matches 0-0

• Like 1

Aberdeen fans genuinely excited about his appointment. His first game....the small matter of Rangers at Ibrox on Tuesday night. I wouldn't put it past him getting the Dons a top 4 finish and winning the Scottish Cup. If he achieved that he'd have the job longer term if he wanted it.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You can`t even fly from Plymouth these days. Exeter or Newquay and I don`t know if either of those fly to Aberdeen.

Not sure he hasn’t got a pad north of the border - heard him say how much they love Scotland and spend time there , and he’s been close to getting jobs (Including Rangers IIRC ) in the past 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not sure he hasn’t got a pad north of the border - heard him say how much they love Scotland and spend time there , and he’s been close to getting jobs (Including Rangers IIRC ) in the past 

Now you mention it I think he does have a cottage somewhere up there.

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He has a house near Greenock, and has attended Greenock Morton matches in the Championship before now. However, I am guessing that the drive from Greenock (close to Glasgow) to Aberdeen is 3 hours. I'm sure it is a short flight from Glasgow airport to Aberdeen.

• Thanks 1

On 07/06/2023 at 21:56, Bristol Oil Services said:

He's gonna go, like Eric Morecambe, like Tommy Cooper, like Jock Stein (minus the European Cup), on the job. Possibly following another hapless refereeing moment at Ashton Gate.

To die with your boots on-

As much as any of us can ask.

Saw a very brief interview on SSN - he said he has never won a cup in his managerial career. I find that surprising. 
He is going all out for the cup games in particular. 
Hardly any point in contesting Celtic and Rangers in the league - play the reserves against them!!!

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add words

On 18/09/2023 at 13:16, The Coach said:

Also wants to keep going in management. Keeps him going and feeling young. Believe come February there will be offers on the table 

And so there is!                   Please look forward two more months and tell us which horse will win  the Grand National.

Give NW his due though. He stated the transfer window is shut so he'll just have work with what he's got.

• Haha 1