IGNORED

Warnock stays on.... Now gone again

Played 8 matches- won two (both in the cup).

In his final press conference:

“All along I’ve said I was here to help and that I would give my advice, and my advice is they should get the new manager in as soon as possible. It needs quite an overhaul of the squad in the summer and it’s no good waiting until then to get someone in. You need to give a manager the chance to look at it for a couple of months, so he knows what needs doing over the summer. 

• Like 1

There's zero chance of him being here and not even anything to do with steve, we wanted someone out on the grass? Warnock only does Monday & Friday and goes home for the rest of the week before the game

Edited by Lrrr

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

There's zero chance of him being here and not even anything to do with steve, we wanted someone out on the grass? Warnock only does Monday & Friday and goes home for the rest of the week before the game

Wanted someone out on the grass,makes sense why manning isn’t much cop,where is snoop dogg when you need him 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I don't want him here but he would be too strong a character. Like Nige and Steve Cotterell he would be too opinionated for the higher ups.

Steve Cotterill

This is one of our best Managers EVER. Surely by now you can at least spell his name? I realise that you were making a veiled comment about Nigal Peersun but really?

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Steve Cotterill

This is one of our best Managers EVER. Surely by now you can at least spell his name? I realise that you were making a veiled comment about Nigal Peersun but really?

Sorry to ruin your Saturday night. Best you avoid watching the news.That can get extremely upsetting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

There'll be people on here still wanting Warnock to manage us after he's long dead.

Even long dead he’d be better than some of the City managers I’ve seen over the years 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Give me Colin over our Lee frickin Johnson or the current bore any time of the week, proper bloke, knows how to man manage

And ban Tinnion and Jon from going anywhere near the first team squad!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Redstart said:

They're not going to pay Manning off already, so I'd bring Warnock in to work with him until the end of the season. Then see where we are at. 

I have just a mild hunch that Warnock and LM May have different ideas in a few areas ! 

I like NW and over the years would have liked to see what he could do here , but I’m not sure I can think of many working relationships less likely to work 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Give me Colin over our Lee frickin Johnson or the current bore any time of the week, proper bloke, knows how to man manage

same goes for our last manager, would rub up the bosses the wrong way first day, def not a sit down shut up guy; kick out the 3 amigos first ....then maybe

• Robin 1

6 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

That would be my ST decision made!

I won't be getting one!

I never understand this. Warnock is brilliant, it’s not like we’ve ever been exciting to watch in recent years, had he got the job over LJ we would have been in PL by now, I strongly believe it. Look what he did at Cardiff on much less than LJ spent. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I never understand this. Warnock is brilliant, it’s not like we’ve ever been exciting to watch in recent years, had he got the job over LJ we would have been in PL by now, I strongly believe it. Look what he did at Cardiff on much less than LJ spent. 

I totally agree with you  I was so underwhelmed when LJ got the job and knew it would only go one way.

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Haha, if we think this forum is already split with our current manager then imagine the melt-down if Colin was appointed !!!

Would not want Warnock here. I don’t mind the bloke at all, have a fair bit of respect for him. But he is not what I want now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would not want Warnock here. I don’t mind the bloke at all, have a fair bit of respect for him. But he is not what I want now. 

Would you feel the same if we were 3 or 4 points off the relegation spots with just 4 or 5 games left to play?

Hopefully (and it is 'hope') it won't come to this but, should it go that way, i can think of few better to keep us up.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree 100%, to be fair outside of football he seems a decent enough bloke

33 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Would you feel the same if we were 3 or 4 points off the relegation spots with just 4 or 5 games left to play?

Hopefully (and it is 'hope') it won't come to this but, should it go that way, i can think of few better to keep us up.

Yes, there were times in the past, maybe I’d have been okay with him coming here, but not now.