IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I saw him coming out of the Lansdown stand as I was leaving. Seemed like a paying customer rather than in the Heineken lounge or anything. Very odd. 

It could have still be a freebie, but if not I don't see why he shouldn't pay like the rest of us. Its not like he can't afford it.

• Sad 1

I dont see why it’s odd. He lives nearby and identifies with the club and the city. He was probably keen to re-sign but BCFC allegedly only offered 40-50% of his previous salary. He was bound to look elsewhere. If he can get more somewhere else, you can hardly blame him.

• Like 1

I honestly don’t think we need to spend on another CB, appreciate we are light at present but I don’t see it as a priority when we have Kal and Mcrorie fit. We have some good players coming through too and Cam actually played very well as LCB last season which could benefit us as a team to enable Roberts to play the inverted full back role which may make us less open and supplement our weakness in midfield. 

Even if Scott were to stay, we are short of quality in the midfield as epitomised by King having to come on for Knight as we chase a winner at home. A GK would also be welcome as Max kicking leaves a lot to be desired.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I honestly don’t think we need to spend on another CB, appreciate we are light at present but I don’t see it as a priority when we have Kal and Mcrorie fit. We have some good players coming through too and Cam actually played very well as LCB last season which could benefit us as a team to enable Roberts to play the inverted full back role which may make us less open and supplement our weakness in midfield. 

Even if Scott were to stay, we are short of quality in the midfield as epitomised by King having to come on for Knight as we chase a winner at home. A GK would also be welcome as Max kicking leaves a lot to be desired.  

Naismith return would help us spread the play a bit better IMO. Also would give us the theorerical opportunity to switch between a back 3 and 4 in play in different phases as he can sit at the base of midfield or drop beyween the centre backs. Not sure we have anyone with that specific skillset, McCrorie maybe medium term.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Naismith return would help us spread the play a bit better IMO. Also would give us the theorerical opportunity to switch between a back 3 and 4 in play in different phases as he can sit at the base of midfield or drop beyween the centre backs. Not sure we have anyone with that specific skillset, McCrorie maybe medium term.

On yesterday’s showing, Naismith could replace James, who I thought (unusually) had a bit of a shocker.

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

I dont see why it’s odd. He lives nearby and identifies with the club and the city. He was probably keen to re-sign but BCFC allegedly only offered 40-50% of his previous salary. He was bound to look elsewhere. If he can get more somewhere else, you can hardly blame him.

His agent has had 6 months to better or equal our offer - either no one is prepared to take a risk due to his injury record or he's just not trying hard enough. With Kalas's international pedigree you'd think he'd be a relatively cheap option for a Saudi team who all seem to be spending money like confetti!!!

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

On yesterday’s showing, Naismith could replace James, who I thought (unusually) had a bit of a shocker.

On yesterday’s showing just about anybody could replace any of City’s midfield players. It was a lacklustre performance, defensively and attacking. That said, I’m still optimistic for the season, as per every season