IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely reasonable response.

However his contract ran out on June 30th, his month’s pay in lieu of notice ran out on July 31st and next week it will be September.

He’s therefore had plenty of time to evaluate the market & we are within our rights to withdraw the offer (in reality we probably already had) & move on.

Sure, but it would also be completely reasonable if he came back now and accepted the offer. But I’m sure he will now move on and better our reduced offer.

22 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Sure, but it would also be completely reasonable if he came back now and accepted the offer. But I’m sure he will now move on and better our reduced offer.

The offer made was likely made on the proviso that he signed before pre-season started so that he could be up to speed.  For, every day that passed after pre-season started would have theoretically reduced the offer on the table.

Bit of a shame in some respects, not in others.

15 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

You really do have to wander what Kalas and HNM are up to at this point 

The HNM one is interesting - I don’t know the answer here but unlike Kalas we still have a financial “interest” as we should be compensated by his next club. So is it a case of that compensation reduces/is removed if he doesn’t get a club for x period?

@Davefevs?

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The HNM one is interesting - I don’t know the answer here but unlike Kalas we still have a financial “interest” as we should be compensated by his next club. So is it a case of that compensation reduces/is removed if he doesn’t get a club for x period?

@Davefevs?

12 months, I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

You really do have to wander what Kalas and HNM are up to at this point 

Lots of rumours with HNM that his father (& I believe now his agent) is far too involved in his career & has been rejecting offers trying to get the highest wages, this doesn’t look so smart now every major European league has kicked off & he still doesn’t have a club.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 10

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Lots of rumours with HNM that his father (& I believe now his agent) is far too involved in his career & has been rejecting offers trying to get the highest wages, this doesn’t look so smart now every major European league has kicked off & he still doesn’t have a club.

I think it's a shame. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Nearly, but a lot more selfish than trying to get HNM the highest wage 

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting one. Schalke are crap at the moment, but presumably still paying well.

Very short Ryanair flight to Koln from Bristol too! 

I watched their game yesterday and they were indeed dreadful. Big club, big stadium, big support. Great move for Tomas, he can only make them better.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1