IGNORED

Next Leeds manager..... Lee Johnson?

Hammond is temporary head of recruitment so players not managers.

The short list is reportedly Farke, Corberan and Parker. Brendan Rodgers turned them down. Hard to see LJ being in the frame unless everybody else turns them down. They are expected to finish interviewing this week so we'll soon see.

2 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Their fans will get very tired of him very quickly. Nauseating egotistical manager who hides his inability as a manager behind the facade of using “modern progressive coaching techniques”

Modern progressive coaching techniques. Quote of the week, even though we know your being facetious! Brilliant.

I hope this is true. It would well and truly make my summer. . 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Leeds fans having to deal with him, that could be genuinely incredible viewing.

50 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Their fans will get very tired of him very quickly. Nauseating egotistical manager who hides his inability as a manager behind the facade of using “modern progressive coaching techniques”

I recall when he was at Sunderland, their fans were loudly criticising his tactics and inane post-match mutterings once the initial euphoria had worn off.

There is no way Leeds would wear that.

I would LOVE it!!!

download (4).jpeg

49 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

For all his faults and he often flaters to deceive , he did sign some good players. Adam Matthews,, Josh Brownhill and managed to convince Tammy to join us for a season, so something obviously did/does work 

And a whole lot of sh1te ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

For all his faults and he often flaters to deceive , he did sign some good players. Adam Matthews,, Josh Brownhill and managed to convince Tammy to join us for a season, so something obviously did/does work 

I’m surprised Adam Matthews made your list.  Decent enough on loan first time, bloody awful the second season.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Sign 60 players and you’re going to hit the target occasionally. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Webster is a class act and if he played for a bigger PL club he’d be a regular in the England squad.

Well a Brighton CB was selected in the current squad, so that's not necessarily true.

Webster was great for us but Dunk is just better IMO, and according to Brighton fans.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon he was thinking Webster myself.

Ah, yes….I did think Matthews was a bizarre choice.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Webster is a class act and if he played for a bigger PL club he’d be a regular in the England squad.

This is an interesting one.  You can look at this the other way around, maybe he’s not good enough to play for a bigger PL team?  I think he’s a bloody good player, but I don’t think he’s as good a defender as he is a ball-player.  I think people get a bit blinkered by his ability on the ball and forget about his defending.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is an interesting one.  You can look at this the other way around, maybe he’s not good enough to play for a bigger PL team?  I think he’s a bloody good player, but I don’t think he’s as good a defender as he is a ball-player.  I think people get a bit blinkered by his ability on the ball and forget about his defending.

First and foremost a defender should be able to defend and then you see what else they've got. Baker was a good, reliable defender but his passing was poor. I've said it before but there were some keyboard coaches who seriously wanted Fammy in defence on the strength of a few clearance headers from corners!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Webster would actually be suited to playing the role that Guardiola has given John Stones in the second half of the season, I.e. stepping up into midfield to create an additional player going forward and leaving others to cover behind, but then stepping back inti a back 4 when defending.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Perhaps not the most reliable source but if you're an intern trying to make it in sports journalism making things up wouldn't be the best idea (or perhaps it would be....)

"ADMIRED"OMG. Nick must be thinking something different than football.

He probably does not cherish him or be revered by Lee. Perhaps he loves him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Had Webster been signed by Liverpool, who at the time were a CB light for various reasons then he’d have benefitted hugely by playing alongside VanDyk who imo is the best CB in the PL. 

His ball carrying and actual defending would have improved significantly but he ended up going back to his roots.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Had Webster been signed by Liverpool, who at the time were a CB light for various reasons then he’d have benefitted hugely by playing alongside VanDyk who imo is the best CB in the PL. 

His ball carrying and actual defending would have improved significantly but he ended up going back to his roots.

The challenge back is - Ask yourself why Liverpool didn’t sign him?

12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Perhaps not the most reliable source but if you're an intern trying to make it in sports journalism making things up wouldn't be the best idea (or perhaps it would be....)

52 minutes ago, City oz said:

"ADMIRED"OMG. Nick must be thinking something different than football.

He probably does not cherish him or be revered by Lee. Perhaps he loves him.

I saw that link and followed the thread a bit, man I was impressed with the number of Leeds fans pointing out he has nothing to do with the appointment of a new manager.

As usual Leeds brought more than many others would have :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelton said:

First and foremost a defender should be able to defend and then you see what else they've got. Baker was a good, reliable defender but his passing was poor. I've said it before but there were some keyboard coaches who seriously wanted Fammy in defence on the strength of a few clearance headers from corners!

Is that really the case in the modern game?