IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

2 minutes ago, sm2webb said:

Interesting the FAQs say that Season Ticket holders can only forward a ticket for up to five matches each season.

That's quite a few games, but then again, WHY?

Because that seat has been paid for, makes no sense to limit that.

Edited by AppyDAZE

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Now there’s a thought…..you could take one for each game, and staple them all together and you’d have something more like the season ticket books we had years ago. 

I’m sure there must be plenty of people who still pine for those! From the days before our entitlement to books of paper tickets was thoughtlessly torn away from us by a club that just doesn’t care. And we were forced to adopt these new-fangled plastic cards ?

I always remember the optimistic number of spare tickets that were there for cup runs ...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You’re not paying hundreds of pounds for a piece of plastic though are you, you’re paying hundreds of pounds to watch 23 home games. 

I don’t see what emotional attachment you can have to something that surely gets binned at the end of the season? 

Who says I've got an emotional attachment?

And I'm paying hundreds of pounds for a piece of plastic which allows me to see those 23 games,just because the club thinks it's a good idea doesn't mean all it's paying customers do. I know the club can do no wrong for some,maybe there are happy clappers away from the playing side as well.

Next up,a barcode tattooed on your hand,you can't lose that! (And don't say it couldn't happen, something similar is happening in China)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gimme Shelton said:

And I'm paying hundreds of pounds for a piece of plastic which allows me to see those 23 games,just because the club thinks it's a good idea doesn't mean all it's paying customers do. I know the club can do no wrong for some,maybe there are happy clappers away from the playing side as well.

Next up,a barcode tattooed on your hand,you can't lose that! (And don't say it couldn't happen, something similar is happening in China)

Mind you, given the number of City related tattoos we probably share between us, I’m not sure we could really complain about that last one! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

That's quite a few games, but then again, WHY?

Because that seat has been paid for, makes no sense to limit that.

It's certainly not fan friendly. It might be there to stop abuse: we're suddenly the man united of the Championship, and greedy fans are resaling tickets every week for massive premiums over face value.

If you have a genuine reason for not attending games, they might review this limit on a case by case basis.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sm2webb said:

Interesting the FAQs say that Season Ticket holders can only forward a ticket for up to five matches each season.

Now if they said this, before they sold season tickets, i may have not bothered with 3 kids season tickets.

The club have handled this badly 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Well we’d had better make sure JL doesn’t have any trips to China booked up. 

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I thought I’d tag you as you know me and might be able to get some answers 

I rang the ticket office today waited 45 minutes and was then treated to some absolutely shocking customer service 

the first thing I was told that it was only digital tickets were available and nothing else . When I challenged that he said again we had no choice to which i replied was not true as at the bottom of the page was the option for people with no smartphones to get a physical ticket .

the next thing I was told was that Liverpool have 39.000 season tickets and only 500 applied for a physical ticket.. I don’t care we’re not Liverpool 

last but not least they have now ran out of physical tickets …. 

the bloke on the phone was a complete bell end and unbelievable rude 

He speaks highly of you

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2023 at 16:48, Ashtongatered said:

Just people trying to be difficult - if the club had said everyone gets a plastic season card they’d all be calling up to say they want a digital one. 

I have to have things.

Have too.

I have to have all the season tickets and cards in order going back decades.

I  have enough to represent an entire squad of tickets books and cards.

Enough for a Lee Johnson sized squad.

Their all stored in view on my important shelf with other sporting memorabilia and trophies.

I take great comfort in being able to see them.

Sometimes I stand the books and cards up vertically.

Sometimes horizontally.

Sometimes I will line them up in a 3-5-2 formation and have cards as subs and cards that haven't been selected get put in my red and white lego stand .

Each night I check all are present.

Have too.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Has anyone successfully forwarded a ticket? Any feedback?

Yes - quite easy to be fair. Took a couple of mins and that included linking a new account to mine. 

the person you forward it to then gets an email with a link to download to their Apple / google wallet.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, eardun said:

Thanks. They’ve slipped that one in at the eleventh hour. If they’d mentioned that when the FAQs first came out, I bet even more people would have requested physical cards. 

Can anyone provide a screenshot of the original FAQs please? 

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can anyone provide a screenshot of the original FAQs please? 

The original link that we received with our season ticket email no longer works.

However the original Q is still on the current FAQs with an updated answer providing more detail although still no mention of the limit of 5.

Can I forward a Digital Season Ticket? 

If a Season Ticket holder cannot attend a match they are able to forward individual matches from their Season Ticket to a friend or family Member.

To forward your Digital Season Ticket please complete the following actions:

1. Login to your ticketing account via your Bristol Sport Club Account which can be accessed here.
  2. Click “Tickets” to view the individual match tickets included in your Season Ticket
  3. Tick the box next to the match you wish to forward and click “Forward Ticket”
  4. Select the friend or family member you wish to forward to and follow the instructions

For a detailed step-by-step guide please click here.

Today, they’ve added six more Q&As about forwarding at the bottom of the list of Qs. It is only there that they mention the limit of 5. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets-memberships/season-tickets/digital-season-tickets-faqs/

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I have an adult ticket and a junior ticket I want to forward. Every time I try to forward either this bloody thing throws an error saying 

At least one Junior Price Type must be selected in this Area.

Blocking me from forwarding either. I AM SO BLOODY FED UP WITH THIS UTTER NONSENSE!

Are you in the family stand? I assume you need to have one junior ticket to transfer the tickets to someone else in this stand as that's always been the case. Just a thought, no worries if not! 

9 minutes ago, !james said:

Are you in the family stand? I assume you need to have one junior ticket to transfer the tickets to someone else in this stand as that's always been the case. Just a thought, no worries if not! 

Yes I am that appears to be the problem. You can’t transfer them together or singularly. 

They come up separately and no matter what you do it will stop you from transferring on the basis of age or not having a child with you

@JerrySLO I think @!james has hit on the problem. You can’t transfer a pair of tickets if one is a child. And you can’t transfer them together.  

Either way I now want to transfer my entire season ticket to my brothers wallet and with it the season ticket for my nephew which will cure my specific problem. 

Edited by REDOXO

As per the discussion earlier in the thread we've been having exactly the same issue with transferring an adult ticket in the family stand. The same happened when my adult friends tried renewing...we're all there as a group but because I didn't pay for all of the group at the same time they couldn't renew. We phoned supporter services, sorted it, renewed, accounts are all linked together yet now can't forward the ticket for one match due to the "junior" issue mentioned earlier (even though we should be linked as a group). It's never as easy as it should be and I guess I'll have to spend ages holding to speak to someone to explain tomorrow. Imagine there will be a whole host of people trying to get through. 

Trying to buy Oxford tickets was also not a simple process because the website kept having issues. Love the club but why is nothing ever easy?! With other businesses you'd walk away!!

Edited by dazza247