IGNORED

Back to Work Tomorow - The Excitement Builds

Port Said Red

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Absolutely, the gas don't own every bloody shade of blue anyway, I can't see anything reminiscent in their kit there. They also have white in their kit, our options are going to be a bit limited of we start moaning about that too.

Yeah exactly. As long as we don’t ever turn out in a shade of blue that is close to the rovers wear, I’m not sure what the problem is. 

I don’t like the badge on the 3rd kit and totally get why that is an issue for the majority but moaning about training kit feels a bit like moaning for moaning’s sake. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Absolutely, the gas don't own every bloody shade of blue anyway, I can't see anything reminiscent in their kit there. They also have white in their kit, our options are going to be a bit limited of we start moaning about that too.

For me, the issue isn't the colour. It's the fact that we've produced clothing in a colour that at least two other teams named City play in (one being the best team in the world), and rather than putting our distinctive badge on it, have decided to simply place the word 'City' on the front. Therefore, if I was to purchase one, people would probably assume I was a Man City (or even Coventry) fan.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

For me, the issue isn't the colour. It's the fact that we've produced clothing in a colour that at least two other teams named City play in (one being the best team in the world), and rather than putting our distinctive badge on it, have decided to simply place the word 'City' on the front. Therefore, if I was to purchase one, people would probably assume I was a Man City (or even Coventry) fan.

It's a training kit that's not for public consumption though isn't it? Not our change or even our third kit, I honestly don't get this obsession.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It's a training kit that's not for public consumption though isn't it? Not our change or even our third kit, I honestly don't get this obsession.

Surely it will be for sale though? Don't think it's obsession and more just pointing out that it's something that would very easily be confused with other clubs, which is a shame.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

All of our other training kit has been available to buy. Doubt this will be any different?

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Although it might be significant that Benarous was with the U21s when it came to the full contact drill at the end that cranked the physical, competitive edge up a notch or two (from 12:20 on the video)

So I suspect he has a way to go yet.

For sure it was good to see him but he's got this far before and was then injured again, so let's keep our fingers crossed for him this time...  

Yeah you are right, I guess the running drill is all about fitness and just running back and forth at a constant speed for a long period which would be less stressful on his knees in comparison to a contact football drill where he’ll be turning and change sprint speeds more often where he has a greater chance of doing it again.

At least he’s out there though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, noticed that. 

And tells us all we need to know, I reckon.

Yep & if we were even considering extending the deadline what sort of message does that send to the club?

Can’t see Andy King ever thinking “**** it, my contract runs out this week but I’ll have a few more days off”.

We have to assume he’s finished with us.

• Like 5