IGNORED

Back to Work Tomorow - The Excitement Builds

Port Said Red

4 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Seeing Wells go straight to the canteen staff and give them a hug and handshake as soon as he walked in speaks volumes as to why he is so highly valued in the squad.

It's the smallest of gestures that separate those that care and those going through the motions.

Well done Nahki

Exactly what I thought. Seems such a nice bloke.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Exactly what I thought. Seems such a nice bloke.

The other thing about Nakhi is his injury record, can't actually remember him missing a game through injury! Even that Holden/Pearson season where the treatment room must have resembled the London Dungeon, I think he played or was on the bench in pretty much every game?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

The other thing about Nakhi is his injury record, can't actually remember him missing a game through injury! Even that Holden/Pearson season where the treatment room must have resembled the London Dungeon, I think he played or was on the bench in pretty much every game?

Oh don't say things like that. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

He said in his mini interview he’s been doing his coaching badges over the summer…a sign of a player wanting to prolong a career in pro football.  I see that as a positive for him wanting longevity in his playing career.

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

There's a bit of a dark side to Rennie :laughcont:

Reminds me of a Sergeant Major, takes no shite, but gives it out if necessary and knows his role inside out !

Probably NPs best signing.

Oh yes, that sinister little smile when he knows he’s about to put them through a bit of a hard session.

Agree, fantastic signing.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/rennie-returns-as-head-of-medical-at-bristol-city

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He said in his mini interview he’s been doing his coaching badges over the summer…a sign of a player wanting to prolong a career in pro football.  I see that as a positive for him wanting longevity in his playing career.

Oh yes, that sinister little smile when he knows he’s about to put them through a bit of a hard session.

Agree, fantastic signing.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/rennie-returns-as-head-of-medical-at-bristol-city

Rennie isn't doing his job if he doesn't ensure that the players are not instructed exactly what they are to do. He pushing them to their limits in order not because he is nasty but to help them perform to the best of their ability

The squad built by Pearson, Tinman and others is one that wants to be winners and all will work hard, and appreciate the help that our coaching squad are using.

I wish that we'd have had Rennie and his crew a few years back so that we could see the fiasco that would have been created by the Paterson's and Tomlin's in the squad.

11 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

Just catching up on the vids as I’ve been busy and Rob Dickie actually asked Sam Bell what year he was in. Wow, that’s going to be awkward when he realises. Seems a lovely bloke and Sam being Sam brushes it off.

In his first day vid? He asks him what’s he in for, is he injured or doing pre season work

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Also for that running test it looks like Wells & Andi + a couple of younger kids were the best so he’s obviously still very fit for one of our older players.

Andi you’d expect to be at the top of any long running stats.

13 hours ago, UpTheReds said:

Benarous being in the preseason work today is good to see. Forgotten when we might be expecting him to be back, does anyone know if he's back to full fitness now? Or does he still have more time before he is back fully?

As he seemed to be taking part in that running test I’d guess he’s not too far away.

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Seeing Wells go straight to the canteen staff and give them a hug and handshake as soon as he walked in speaks volumes as to why he is so highly valued in the squad.

It's the smallest of gestures that separate those that care and those going through the motions.

Well done Nahki

Probably gets an extra sausage in his rations..... 

Usually, I find blue in our kit objectionable training gear or otherwise...but this black/cyan combo cropped up in the video, and forgetting the antithetical overtones for a minute saw the makings of a pretty smart away kit - if they based one on this. Lose the 'splat robin' but I don't hate this:

city_training-kit-1.jpg

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Also for that running test it looks like Wells & Andi + a couple of younger kids were the best so he’s obviously still very fit for one of our older players.

Andi you’d expect to be at the top of any long running stats.

As he seemed to be taking part in that running test I’d guess he’s not too far away.

And arm waving !!

2 hours ago, grifty said:

Although it might be significant that Benarous was with the U21s when it came to the full contact drill at the end that cranked the physical, competitive edge up a notch or two (from 12:20 on the video)

So I suspect he has a way to go yet.

For sure it was good to see him but he's got this far before and was then injured again, so let's keep our fingers crossed for him this time...  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

There's a bit of a dark side to Rennie :laughcont:

Reminds me of a Sergeant Major, takes no shite, but gives it out if necessary and knows his role inside out !

Probably NPs best signing.

Liked it when he said he’s been very kind and given them 72 seconds reminds me of a PE teacher

1 hour ago, OneCity said:

Usually, I find blue in our kit objectionable training gear or otherwise...but this black/cyan combo cropped up in the video, and forgetting the antithetical overtones for a minute saw the makings of a pretty smart away kit - if they based one on this. Lose the 'splat robin' but I don't hate this:

city_training-kit-1.jpg

So they're continuing to use this badge that was created and used without any fan consultation?

The "new" club badge is bad enough, but what on earth is this?

@JerrySLO what is going on mate?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

So they're continuing to use this badge that was created and used without any fan consultation?

The "new" club badge is bad enough, but what on earth is this?

@JerrySLO what is going on mate?

? Good luck asking Jerry on here... he's hasn't logged in since May 24th. If you aint on twitter you aint worth liasing with ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why worry about the colour(s) used in training kit? It's the colours we play in on match day that matter.

During my time, I've seen us play matches in FA Cup and league twice in borrowed blue and white quarters, Cardiff City blue, a yellow shirt at Grimsby because the ref thought that our red shirt  clashed with their kit of black and white striped shirt and red shorts. There must be a few more that I don't remember or didn't see.

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

? Good luck asking Jerry on here... he's hasn't logged in since May 24th. If you aint on twitter you aint worth liasing with ?

What is his twitter @ if you don't mind? I've made an account so will try speak to him on there.

Whenever I've dealt with him in the past he's been great.

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why worry about the colour(s) used in training kit? It's the colours we play in on match day that matter.

During my time, I've seen us play matches in FA Cup and league twice in borrowed blue and white quarters, Cardiff City blue, a yellow shirt at Grimsby because the ref thought that our red shirt  clashed with their kit of black and white striped shirt and red shorts. There must be a few more that I don't remember or didn't see.

Absolutely, the gas don't own every bloody shade of blue anyway, I can't see anything reminiscent in their kit there. They also have white in their kit, our options are going to be a bit limited of we start moaning about that too.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, petehinton said:

really excellent piece here, and interesting to see Pearson told all local media to join them for the first day. I think he would’ve wanted anything but, for the last 2 pre seasons. 

Great read that, very informative and some bits that we probably wouldn't get from anything the club put out.

• Like 1