IGNORED

Back to Work Tomorow - The Excitement Builds

Port Said Red

All back to the HPC tomorrow, we will start to see social media content of the first few days training and discussions will start about who's there and who isn't. It just feels like the new season starts from now. It will be good to see if Benarous, Kalas and King are involved, how Dickie and McCrorie and Roberts look to be settling in and who might be pushing for a place from the U21's. 

I always enjoy the people studying pictures and videos looking for unfamiliar faces hoping to have uncovered a secret triallist or two. 

Here we go....

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 8

Very much so. Always feels like a drag for the new season, but then also feels like a week from the season ending to the players returning for pre season. 

Whenever watching the videos of the players turning up from their short drives from Portishead/Long Ashton/nice flat in the centre to be paid to play footy with your mates in 25 degree heat I think….god you must feel good. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

All back to the HPC tomorrow, we will start to see social media content of the first few days training and discussions will start about who's there and who isn't. It just feels like the new season starts from now. It will be good to see if Benarous, Kalas and King are involved, how Dickie and McCrorie and Roberts look to be settling in and who might be pushing for a place from the U21's. 

I always enjoy the people studying pictures and videos looking for unfamiliar faces hoping to have uncovered a secret triallist or two. 

Here we go....

Point of order: McCrorie won’t be there as was with Scotland this week. Think also absent (to avoid anyone going full tinfoil hat if they’re not seen on the photos) due to international reasons will be Conway, Scott, Mehmeti, Bajic, Sykes

Kalas is the interesting one for me. I don’t see him not being there if that’s the case as confirmation he’s off, but it’d certainly be a sign of intent if he did attend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Point of order: McCrorie won’t be there as was with Scotland this week. Think also absent (to avoid anyone going full tinfoil hat if they’re not seen on the photos) due to international reasons will be Conway, Scott, Mehmeti, Bajic, Sykes

Kalas is the interesting one for me. I don’t see him not being there if that’s the case as confirmation he’s off, but it’d certainly be a sign of intent if he did attend.

Thought a few (Bajic is another) will be off because they are either at or have played in, internationals recently.

King is certain to be there, he signed his contract extension last year on June 30th & I expect him to follow suit this year.

Hopefully Benarous is fit enough now to be fully involved.

Can’t see any point in Kalas being there if he’s signing for someone else this week, so agree, if he’s there then he’ll be sticking around.

Edited by GrahamC

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The club may even allow his to use the facilities after this Friday even if he hasn't signed

I think in this case where they may well allow him to train until Friday, they won't allow him to train beyond that if he isn't going to sign. 

Whilst it's not uncommon for clubs to allow well liked players to train with them, in this instance if he were to sign for another club then he would be rejecting us in the process so I just can't see us getting a player fit for another club.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think in this case where they may well allow him to train until Friday, they won't allow him to train beyond that if he isn't going to sign. 

Whilst it's not uncommon for clubs to allow well liked players to train with them, in this instance if he were to sign for another club then he would be rejecting us in the process so I just can't see us getting a player fit for another club.

Not to mention getting inside information which could be used against us at his new club. Splitter ! 

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Surely, as a current employee, he still has to turn up for work?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Players: Can’t wait to be back

Rennie: MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love Rennie’s slightly sinister take on pre-season!

2 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Are we expecting Benarous to be available for the first game or do we think any involvement will just be part of his rehab with a later return date?

I think maybe Atkinson wont be back til oct/november too?

There was a little rumour that he was doing a mini pre-season to be ready for pre-season, so fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Surely, as a current employee, he still has to turn up for work?

If he is staying, or there is a good chance he will stay, then yes, I'd expect he will be there with the rest of the squad.

I'd assume however, if he is leaving, and has already communicated that to Pearson and the coaching team, then he may have been told "you do not need to come in". Maybe even he has been told "please do not come in". Possibly with a time given to come and say goodbyes to colleagues.

While I think he is probably an excellent professional, and I'd highly doubt he'd be disruptive. There would not seem like a lot of point of having him around in pre-season to measure fitness just until his contract expires on Friday - It is hardly like the club are going to get their "money's worth" by keeping him there just for this week. 

• Like 1

The sky blue is unsettling. A bit of trim is fair enough, but it does feel odd to see players in an all blue shirt, and that's nothing to do with Gas or anything...it's just I'm so used to red, white, purple or black.

I don't like the CITY either.

It's a shame, in recent seasons I've been buying a training shirt for the gym as it's been a nice way to get a shirt without a sponsor on it, but I won't be getting this one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Knowing our media team, if Kalas is there they'll consciously avoid putting out anything with him in it, increase the speculation and all that.

I’d say it’d be extremely difficult not to, especially the running stuff they’ll do at the Bears. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the club have asked him not to report until next week as a hard deadline, where it’ll be announced he’s staying/going either way