IGNORED

Back to Work Tomorow - The Excitement Builds

Port Said Red

13 minutes ago, Street red said:

Yes just a training kit and yes it does it's that horrible colour that is blue!

Don’t tell me, you are one of those people that won’t wear any item of clothing that is blue…..because it’s blue! 

Red socks with matching undercrackers?

20 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Don’t tell me, you are one of those people that won’t wear any item of clothing that is blue…..because it’s blue! 

Red socks with matching undercrackers?

I've plenty of blue tops  but city tops in blue it definitely doesn't look right even if it's training wear. I've also got blue undercrackers but not on a matchday ?

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

See on Insta that Owura Edwards is back, was it ever announced that his contract had been extended/triggered? I have him down as a 2023 expiry? 

I'd love him to get a chance as an impact player from the bench, there's something about him that gives me Goodridge vibes (and no, it's not his appearance) 

Option exercised in January- but never announced!

22 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

All back to the HPC tomorrow, we will start to see social media content of the first few days training and discussions will start about who's there and who isn't. It just feels like the new season starts from now. It will be good to see if Benarous, Kalas and King are involved, how Dickie and McCrorie and Roberts look to be settling in and who might be pushing for a place from the U21's. 

I always enjoy the people studying pictures and videos looking for unfamiliar faces hoping to have uncovered a secret triallist or two. 

Here we go....

Passed your medical and beep tests? ?

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Option exercised in January- but never announced!

He fits the formation we finished last season with. Got good energy, decent technique. Brings a slightly different skill set to the others who've played wide Left or Right up top. Probably a better option than the young forwards we've got coming through the U21s - who aren't ready yet. 

So kind of makes sense apart from one thing - is he any good!?! Personally not sure the Championship is his level but would be delighted to be wrong. Maybe he'll be a late developer. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He fits the formation we finished last season with. Got good energy, decent technique. Brings a slightly different skill set to the others who've played wide Left or Right up top. Probably a better option than the young forwards we've got coming through the U21s - who aren't ready yet. 

So kind of makes sense apart from one thing - is he any good!?!

To have any chance at City he'll need to curb his recklessness. 3 red cards in as many weeks in Scotland wasn't it. 

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So kind of makes sense apart from one thing - is he any good!?! Personally not sure the Championship is his level but would be delighted to be wrong. Maybe he'll be a late developer. 

It’s his in-game maturity that needs developing.

From a squad perspective, he’s battling with Sykes, Cornick and Pearson, possibly Weimann too!

image.png.c809c15b8f2a18ae108f690c78d1a0da.png

Orange signify “fringe”….anyone come up with a better term?

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s his in-game maturity that needs developing.

From a squad perspective, he’s battling with Sykes, Cornick and Pearson, possibly Weimann too!

image.png.c809c15b8f2a18ae108f690c78d1a0da.png

Orange signify “fringe”….anyone come up with a better term?

Yes, definitely fringe. Miles ahead of Pearson I'd have thought, though - is he really still here??

Edwards just brings a point of difference if we're not signing any new forwards this summer - more of a "tricky winger" type compared to Bell, Sykes, Cornick, Mehmeti. 

Personally think he's not good enough but what do I know. In Nige we trust. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

I think it's this bit that would make me keep him around the first team squad this season. His pace, direct dribbling and trickery could be a useful point of difference from the bench. 

It's clearly make or break. Is he still young enough to not require registration in our 25 man squad? 

I'm probably still clinging to the clips from his time at Grimsby... 

Owura 22, so nope.

2 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Just catching up on the vids as I’ve been busy and Rob Dickie actually asked Sam Bell what year he was in. Wow, that’s going to be awkward when he realises. Seems a lovely bloke and Sam being Sam brushes it off.

Just needs to say “I’m the one that scored against you in the last game of the season”

• Haha 3