IGNORED

Reading - HMRC issue winding up petition

Lanterne Rouge

33 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Nothing will comeol of this other than a waste of court time. 

If you've got better ideas for getting them to pay up I'm sure the taxman would be interested in hearing them :)

The way it's going I don't see them turning up in two weeks time for their friendly game.

14 hours ago, myol'man said:

Another points deduction? 

Only if they go in administration. Although the wage issue may also lead to something if that's ongoing.

I expect some settlement, time to pay whatever will be reached and Reading albeit under restrictions will continue to operate. These aren't uncommon with football.

The one I don't get is, Derby- when they had one in January 2020 predating Covid as it was how was it kept out of the press. That is highly unusual, even if it ked nowhere for it not even to be reported on, a winding up issue against a decent sized club like that is unusual for radio silence..it was newsworthy in January 2020.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

27 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

If Reading don't pay, does that mean that HMRC own them, so it's HMRC FC? With their star player, Dave from Corporation Tax lining up in midfield, and Alison from the helpline in goal

There'd be a place for Zacheuss, from their Jericho offshore collections office.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Used to bloody love that program. Ace television. 

It was for the first 2 seasons, then SImon left (to go travelling) and Susan and Jenny left with explanation. I tried watching series 3 but it wasn't a patch on the first 2.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although he could have called it quits after relegation who knows.

As I understand things the owner has lost interest, sees the club as an 'expense' without any real hope of a 'way out'.  Currently a basket case. 

• Thanks 1