IGNORED

Reading - HMRC issue winding up petition

Lanterne Rouge

On 28/06/2023 at 22:57, The Bard said:

He used to 'drink' in the Lion Cliftonwood next door to my Grandparents. There's an area of Bristol that has completely changed over the last 40 years...

I used to work opposite the Lion in Church Lane. My colleagues told of how they used to wind up the film crew when Shoestring was being filmed.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yet we were apparently close to breaking FFP and a points deduction.

But we didn’t, Reading’s problem has been known for a few seasons now but they’ve seemed to have done very little about it, Rovers go there next month they can easily make a dent in their debts by giving them 20,000 tickets which Rovers will knock out within an hour

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

But we didn’t, Reading’s problem has been known for a few seasons now but they’ve seemed to have done very little about it, Rovers go there next month they can easily make a dent in their debts by giving them 20,000 tickets which Rovers will knock out within an hour

That's bad owners for you, and as I said i feel nothing for him/them . While they were "going for it" , I understood them holding back on away numbers. But with original points deduction done at the end of 2021 , and another suspended, that was when opening up the ground to all away fans would have made sense.  Specially when they knew it was doubtful they couldn't comply with the business plan. 

This table is very telling, I saw @Davefevs posted it earlier . You know you have a shit owner with stats like this.

Screenshot2023-09-13at17_16_42.png.9dade860ada1ff1293443802ba22823e.png

Just now, phantom said:

I'm not sure that is factually accurate per se

Everyone struggled during covid other than that it's just social media speculation 

I thought even the CEO came out and said we would probably be ok, and so implying it was close.

I may be wrong ( with my memory I type that more than any other statement ) , but if people are saying there was a chance, then that means we were close. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought even the CEO came out and said we would probably be ok, and so implying it was close.

I may be wrong ( with my memory I type that more than any other statement ) , but if people are saying there was a chance, then that means we were close. 

This was when clubs were not aware of what they would be allowed to write off for COVID I believe.  If we had tipped over then many other clubs would have been in a similar situation.  Imagine every team starting on minus 3 points! ?

On 13/09/2023 at 17:40, phantom said:

I'm not sure that is factually accurate per se

Everyone struggled during covid other than that it's just social media speculation 

On 13/09/2023 at 17:43, 1960maaan said:

This is fair although amendments did kick in, not necessarily IMO close to a deduction as such but had we put in for large Covid losses and kept Semenyo in January e.g. I don't think the League would have reacted well and a referral would have been quite plausible. That would have been seen as gaming the system somewhat.

Once Semenyo sold thst netted off any risk but we were under severe restrictions up until then.

Perhaps we could have kep5 Semenyo until end of June but I believe at the very least we would have been heavily restricted, monitored until such time as we sold him. Maybe more might have followed had he stayed into this season.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair although amendments did kick in, not necessarily IMO close to a deduction as such but had we put in for large Covid losses and kept Semenyo in January e.g. I don't think the League would have reacted well and a referral would have been quite plausible. That would have been seen as gaming the system somewhat.

Once Semenyo sold thst netted off any risk but we were under severe restrictions up until then.

Perhaps we could have kep5 Semenyo until end of June but I believe at the very least we would have been heavily restricted, monitored until such time as we sold him. Maybe more might have followed had he stayed into this season.

They did :sad26:

7 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Live fast, Dai Yongge

Criminally underrated reply! ?

• Like 1

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

It’s almost like spending millions on clubs with no historical support and not really growing the infrastructure to maintain a higher level leads to bad outcomes. 

Perhaps although Madejski was a good owner and custodian. Since him though...they do have a modern albeit non spectacular ground and perhaps surprisingly a Category One Academy though. Certainly no big fanbase of course.

Whether Dai Yongge has run out of money or can't be bothered anymore.. who knows.

He sure did live fast in trying to get promoted before FFP closed in. (Live fast, Dai Yongge).

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Whether Dai Yongge has run out of money or can't be bothered anymore.. who knows.

If he has money in China his government is unlikely to let him get it out.

If his business is property the Chinese property sector is in a major crisis. The biggest company Evergrande has over $300b debt for instance.

No grounds for Reading fans to be optimistic for sure.

• Thanks 1

Good news and bad news and mixed news for Reading.

They've put the wages- should be a given but nonetheless they've paid the wages so no further punishment just yet.

Embargo, is thst still in play or?

Not so good news, Dai Yongge and his asking price..£80m! I assume that includes the assets that he now owns and he presumably would be still selling at a loss but if he thinks he is getting £80m for a League One or even Championship Reading?? 🙄

I suppose Home Counties Land Value but £80m for Reading...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They've put the wages- should be a given but nonetheless they've paid the wages so no further punishment just yet.

Not so good news, Dai Yongge and his asking price..£80m! I assume that includes the assets that he now owns and he presumably would be still selling at a loss but if he thinks he is getting £80m for a League One or even Championship Reading?? 🙄

You have to wonder if 80mil is 'his' price, or a price that clears loans, debts, overdrafts etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe the most ever paid for a Championship club was £90m for Leeds. Dream on Dai.

• Thanks 1