IGNORED

Reading - HMRC issue winding up petition

Lanterne Rouge

Although the revised EFL regulations for 2023/24 mean that the sanctions for late payment of HMRC debts will kick in before HMRC issue any winding up proceedings.  In particular a total of 30 days late HMRC payment will result in a transfer ban for three periods.  That will result in clubs paying HMRC on time unless they are financial basket cases.

• Thanks 3

On 28/06/2023 at 19:43, CyderInACan said:

It was, but some of the continuity was a bit suspect, you’d see Simon riding along the Suspension Bridge then turn left into bloody Newquay Rd! Also: a donkey in every episode. 

Like the Shoestring clip.

Says Totterdown but I'm sure the first bit is turning right down Hensman's Hill in Clifton.

Next moment he's in Totterdown.

On 28/06/2023 at 23:19, Swede said:

Best get rid. The people of Berkshire really don't want a football team anyway. They'd be better off going to Milton Keynes or Wycombe 

Or they could pop up the road to QPR or Brentford. They all think they're Londoners anyway. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Or they could pop up the road to QPR or Brentford. They all think they're Londoners anyway. 

Yeah, last time I caught a train to London on a Saturday the amount of people who got on at Reading wearing Chelsea shirts and going to their game was incredible. Plastic Londoners, Swindon is as bad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Yeah, last time I caught a train to London on a Saturday the amount of people who got on at Reading wearing Chelsea shirts and going to their game was incredible. Plastic Londoners, Swindon is as bad.

Although to be fair, a lot of Londoners have moved out - you see hordes of (eg) West Ham and Arse fans coming into Marylebone on match evenings, for example

16 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Like the Shoestring clip.

Says Totterdown but I'm sure the first bit is turning right down Hensman's Hill in Clifton.

Next moment he's in Totterdown.

There's a clip on Casualy when someone's coming out of the Venture in Knowle West then immediately running down the steps from Maudlin St to Park Row

• Haha 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Without wanting to sound rude, assume people don't have to live within a 5 mile radius of their ground to support them

People do move around in life

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to sound rude, assume people don't have to live within a 5 mile radius of their ground to support them

I moved from London 

19 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Plenty of Londoners have moved out to Swindon. Doesn't mean they have lost the love for their original hometown club. More likely to find Plastic Man Utd fans in London than plastic Londoners in Swindon.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I saw a City supporter in Asda Harlow last weekend. We do get about 

16 minutes ago, Antman said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/14/reading-mess-men-women-relegated-squad-part-time

explains why our friendly was cancelled. pretty shambolic tho'

The Loan wage non payment issue hasn't really got any coverage, I wonder if it was on loanees who didn't fit the Agreed Decision otherwise FFP would have been threatened yet again?? Said they failed to pay £500,000.

Said they settled it last week but I wonder if that was yet anroehr FFP related problem...as in if it was settled in 2023-24 it may not fall within the 2022-23 accounts and therefore a period ending in 2022-23.

Regaining Category One status is bizarre in these circs, was also bizarre that Derby managed to hold onto it when in administration and at threat of liquidation last June.

On 29/06/2023 at 13:05, CyderInACan said:

Presumably to let her know that Reading seem to be run by a load of sharks. 

Reading Speedway found their track had been sold from under them by "sharks".

Reading Racers are a British motorcycle speedway team. Formed in 1968, they won four British League titles during their history. The club closed in October 2008 after the lease on Smallmead Stadium was sold and the site was demolished

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Reading Speedway found their track had been sold from under them by "sharks".

Reading Racers are a British motorcycle speedway team. Formed in 1968, they won four British League titles during their history. The club closed in October 2008 after the lease on Smallmead Stadium was sold and the site was demolished

The same bloke that tried to buy Plainmoor with promises of untold investment IIRC. The council (who I believe own it) gave him the bum`s rush.

Deducted the 3 points that were suspended last year. 
Not fair on the fans, but not sure what other sanctions they could impose. A fine is pointless on a club with no money, so points deduction is the only way. Short of forcing the owners to sell, which I can't see would ever work.

Reading FC have been deducted three points from the 2023/24 League One table after the Club failed to comply with the order of an Independent Disciplinary Commission (IDC) which required them to deposit an amount equal to 125% of the Club’s forecast monthly wage bill in a designated account by 12 September 2023.  

On 15 August 2023, the IDC had determined the Club had breached EFL Regulations related to the Club having failed to pay its players’ wages on time and in full on or around 31 October 2022, 30 November 2022, and 28 April 2023. The Club received a one-point deduction, with a further three points suspended.

As a result of this latest instance of non-compliance by the Club’s ownership, the suspended sanction has been activated and, as per the Commission's instructions, applied by the EFL to the League One table with immediate effect. 

The EFL continues to acknowledge the negative impact sporting sanctions are having on the Football Club and remain extremely disappointed and frustrated at the Club’s ownership to meet its ongoing obligations under EFL Regulations. The League will continue to apply its rules in all circumstances deemed appropriate.   

The Independent Disciplinary Commission’s Written Reasons can be viewed here.  ⬇️

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.eflservices.co.uk/6882a630-3c35-11ee-8889-71ca1029c2af.pdf

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Deducted the 3 points that were suspended last year. 
Not fair on the fans, but not sure what other sanctions they could impose. A fine is pointless on a club with no money, so points deduction is the only way. Short of forcing the owners to sell, which I can't see would ever work.

Reading FC have been deducted three points from the 2023/24 League One table after the Club failed to comply with the order of an Independent Disciplinary Commission (IDC) which required them to deposit an amount equal to 125% of the Club’s forecast monthly wage bill in a designated account by 12 September 2023.  

On 15 August 2023, the IDC had determined the Club had breached EFL Regulations related to the Club having failed to pay its players’ wages on time and in full on or around 31 October 2022, 30 November 2022, and 28 April 2023. The Club received a one-point deduction, with a further three points suspended.

As a result of this latest instance of non-compliance by the Club’s ownership, the suspended sanction has been activated and, as per the Commission's instructions, applied by the EFL to the League One table with immediate effect. 

The EFL continues to acknowledge the negative impact sporting sanctions are having on the Football Club and remain extremely disappointed and frustrated at the Club’s ownership to meet its ongoing obligations under EFL Regulations. The League will continue to apply its rules in all circumstances deemed appropriate.   

The Independent Disciplinary Commission’s Written Reasons can be viewed here.  ⬇️

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.eflservices.co.uk/6882a630-3c35-11ee-8889-71ca1029c2af.pdf

No sympathy that they have no money, if they would of opened up the whole away end for away fans like they used to it would of made them £100,000’s over the last few years, instead they preferred to give away fans just 2,000 tickets and have 10,000 empty seats 

• Like 7