IGNORED

Based on current squad- starting 11 for PNE

TommyD68

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

For me, Based on all pre seasons games so far If season started tomorrow….

Max

Tanner
Vyner
Dickie
Roberts

Scott
James
Knight

Bell
Conway
Wells

Even though I would start with pring personally ( haven’t seen enough or roberts yet ) imagine a fired up pring coming on for the last 25-20 mins against a tiring PNE defence , could also see a lively 25-20 from sykes on the other flank for wells at the end of the game , also memehiti for bell , lots of pace and quality coming on late .

this season really is gonna be all about the squad and not the team , 

All being well and staying fit we could possibly put out 2 sides of similar strength , god where did that come from only seems like a few months ago where we struggled to have a decent 11 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I don’t understand this mcrorie over Tanner scenario , Tanner was excellent last season especially in the run in 

on what bases has mcrorie proved he is worth a place in front of Tanner , just because you are a new signing doesn’t mean you are a better player.

don’t get me wrong if he does perform better than Tanner then he plays simple , but on the limited minutes I have seen so far albeit friendlies I see no reason to put him in above Tanner 
just my thoughts 

I’ve picked McCrorie so far but not just because he is a ‘new signing’ 

He comes in with more experience and potential IMO - from what I’ve seen in the friendlies is the stronger defender and physically stronger, areas of Tanner’s game that need most work IMO - and more importantly attributes that the team needed to add and areas that needed to improve, especially with the attacking talent we do have, I would look for the stronger defender.

Early stages I admit, but just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I don’t understand this mcrorie over Tanner scenario , Tanner was excellent last season especially in the run in 

on what bases has mcrorie proved he is worth a place in front of Tanner , just because you are a new signing doesn’t mean you are a better player.

don’t get me wrong if he does perform better than Tanner then he plays simple , but on the limited minutes I have seen so far albeit friendlies I see no reason to put him in above Tanner 

Edited by Alessandro

58 minutes ago, petehinton said:

For me, Based on all pre seasons games so far If season started tomorrow….

Max

Tanner
Vyner
Dickie
Roberts

Scott
James
Knight

Bell
Conway
Wells

I like that side, although Cam will probably get the nod ahead of Roberts, and I'd be happy with that also, but I think Roberts has shown enough in pre-season that it's going to be a close contest between those 2.

3 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

I like that side, although Cam will probably get the nod ahead of Roberts, and I'd be happy with that also, but I think Roberts has shown enough in pre-season that it's going to be a close contest between those 2.

Agreed. Said yesterday, I absolutely love Cam, was arguably my fav player last year, but that’s just testament to how impressive Roberts has been. 

• Like 1

"the Scot sat out Saturday’s game with what seemed a small knock as he was walking around the cantine fairly freely in his training kit."

This was a quote from this Bristol Post article yesterday, seems it is entirely precautionary.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-rob-dickie-knight-8622424?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=bcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheReds said:

"the Scot sat out Saturday’s game with what seemed a small knock as he was walking around the cantine fairly freely in his training kit."

This was a quote from this Bristol Post article yesterday, seems it is entirely precautionary.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-rob-dickie-knight-8622424?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=bcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Thanks, that's a relief. Injuries have dragged or been mishandled here under the old regime, hopefully this will be on point.

5 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Think they've now made some decent signings ,Layton Stewart from Liverpool and Mads Frokjaer Jenson. With possibly Tom Cannon returning on loan, I see them giving us a good competitive workout 1-1

Yes indeed, a lot can change in a couple of weeks ?

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks, that's a relief. Injuries have dragged or been mishandled here under the old regime, hopefully this will be on point.

Yeah there is no way that Pearson will let this become a problem, he will come back only when he is 100%.

Would be good to see him get some minutes in either game on Tuesday or against Portsmouth, only 90 mins under the belt at the moment.

• Like 1

Nige has repeatedly said he won’t pick players based on what they’ve done for us before but based on how they apply themselves in Pre season, I suppose Pring V Roberts will be the ultimate test of that. Based on last season Pring would be one of the first names on the team sheet however the performances Roberts has put in so far will have put him right up there, Preston selection will be extremely interesting 

38 minutes ago, Ashtongatered said:

surprised by the amount of people not starting Roberts 

Pring - dynamic, powerful bursts forward, good crossing

Roberts - interceptions, good passing, reasonable crossing

Both good defenders.

Who'd be a manager..

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Max

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

Sykes Weimann Knight James Bell

Conway 

Have to go on basis Scott won't be with us.

My only change would be the extra bit of physicality of Cornick over Sykes, but if we are all picking from 11 from the same 14 or 15 we are gonna be fine.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 22:31, OldlandReddies said:

Max

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

Sykes Weimann Knight James Bell

Conway 

Have to go on basis Scott won't be with us.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the starting 11 given Scott has a knock. Cornick might get the nod over Sykes though. 

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the starting 11 given Scott has a knock. Cornick might get the nod over Sykes though. 

Going to be very windy on Saturday I see - a weather warning in fact - might favour the more the more physical Cornick. Hope the wind doesn’t have too much of an adverse influence on the match though - strange weather for August! 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 19:54, redkev said:

Even though I would start with pring personally ( haven’t seen enough or roberts yet ) imagine a fired up pring coming on for the last 25-20 mins against a tiring PNE defence , could also see a lively 25-20 from sykes on the other flank for wells at the end of the game , also memehiti for bell , lots of pace and quality coming on late .

All being well and staying fit we could possibly put out 2 sides of similar strength , god where did that come from only seems like a few months ago where we struggled to have a decent 11 

Are it Vyner and 

On 23/07/2023 at 19:54, redkev said:

Are not Vyner and Dickie injured?

Max

Tanner

Vyner

Dickie

Pring

James

Knight

Weimann

Cornick

Conway

Mehmeti

If Scott passes fit, I can see him replacing Weimann, I think Pring might edge the nod over Roberts, but it's close. Went for Mehmeti over Bell, because I think Mehmeti did better in preseason from what I heard and saw, and I think Bell would be better coming on as a sub against a tired defence.

Assuming Scott isn’t “fit” & as an aside we are probably the only team that still hasn’t released its squad numbers & I don’t think those 2 things are unconnected, then the keeper, back 4 & midfield pretty much all pick themselves.

O’Leary Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring James Knight Weimann, this is harsh on Roberts & you can possibly make a case for Williams, but I reckon that’s what we’ll do.

Up front is incredibly difficult to guess, Sykes or Cornick, Conway or Wells, Bell or Mehmeti. I’m going for the first named of each of those, but it could quite easily be the other three.

8 hours ago, BritAbroad said:

Max

Tanner

Vyner

Dickie

Pring

James

Knight

Weimann

Cornick

Conway

Mehmeti

If Scott passes fit, I can see him replacing Weimann, I think Pring might edge the nod over Roberts, but it's close. Went for Mehmeti over Bell, because I think Mehmeti did better in preseason from what I heard and saw, and I think Bell would be better coming on as a sub against a tired defence.

Swap Mehmeti for Bell and I reckon that’s it 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 12:50, BCFCGav said:

As we are:

Max

McCrorie        Dickie                           Naismith       Pring

James                        Scott

Weimann

Sykes                      Conway                   Mehmeti         

Subs: Bajic, Vyner, Tanner, Roberts, Williams, Wells, Bell.

Just outside MD18: Wiles-Richards, Wilson, Atkinson (+), Taylor-Clarke, Benarous (+), Cornick.

Cant see how Naismith gets in in front of Vyner

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Swap Mehmeti for Bell and I reckon that’s it 

Such a difficult call to make. But for me Sykes comes in for Cornick as the former has more pace and has shown he can put the ball in the net. I love Weiman but from preseason I would just go with Knight for his mobility. As to whether its Bell or Mehmeti. Do we go with sheer pace or a player with more tricky skills. Tough call. But again Bell scores. Luckily those that are not picked but are good enough, will get their chance against Oxford in the cup.