TommyD68

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Max

Tanner Zak Dickie Cam

James     Knight

Weimann

Cornick Wells Bell

First 60 minutes.

Can definitely see a logic for Cornick starting over Sykes as PNE a bit physical.

Wells and Conway, what a tussle that is gonna be this season.  Wells has been brilliant pre-season.

Be interesting to see what Nige goes with, but if Scott injured I’m sure Weimann gets the gig.  Maybe that’s why he got the interview yesterday???  2+2=5

Outfield Subs from:

Roberts, Williams, King, Sykes, Conway, Mehmeti

plus the two young’uns, plus HWR as sub-GK.

Can only make 5 subs anyway, so plenty of options from those 6.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can definitely see a logic for Cornick starting over Sykes as PNE a bit physical.

Wells and Conway, what a tussle that is gonna be this season.  Wells has been brilliant pre-season.

Be interesting to see what Nige goes with, but if Scott injured I’m sure Weimann gets the gig.  Maybe that’s why he got the interview yesterday???  2+2=5

Outfield Subs from:

Based on last seasons appearances and the first half v Pompey, I see no logic in starting Cornick - full stop. Sykes a much better option for me.

Suspect you are right that Weimann will start as ACM now it seems Scott out. Although he could go with James & Williams and Knight as ACM.

As you say hard choice between Wells & Conway and also Mehmeti or Bell. Suspect Wells & Bell will just get the nod to start though.

38 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Based on last seasons appearances and the first half v Pompey, I see no logic in starting Cornick - full stop. Sykes a much better option for me.

Suspect you are right that Weimann will start as ACM now it seems Scott out. Although he could go with James & Williams and Knight as ACM.

As you say hard choice between Wells & Conway and also Mehmeti or Bell. Suspect Wells & Bell will just get the nod to start though.

Did you not think Cornick was really bright last week v Pompey?

Bar Sykes goal (not dismissing the importance of that element) I didn’t think he offered anywhere near the same as Cornick last week.

Having said that Sykes has done well in other PS games, as has Cornick.

Theres little to choose between them.  It really feels like perm 1 from 2 (for each position up top).

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Outfield Subs from:

If we can keep a fully fit squad think there will be a few 2+2 = 7 Dave 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Assuming Scott isn’t “fit” & as an aside we are probably the only team that still hasn’t released its squad numbers & I don’t think those 2 things are unconnected, then the keeper, back 4 & midfield pretty much all pick themselves.

O’Leary Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring James Knight Weimann, this is harsh on Roberts & you can possibly make a case for Williams, but I reckon that’s what we’ll do.

Up front is incredibly difficult to guess, Sykes or Cornick, Conway or Wells, Bell or Mehmeti. I’m going for the first named of each of those, but it could quite easily be the other three.

21 hours ago, tin said:

I’d have Mehmeti in over Bell on the left, but otherwise I think this will be our XI

IMG_1916.thumb.jpeg.e7d49119d8337d48f912d4736a30834c.jpeg

Agree with you guys. As Fevs says, I think Cornick is perhaps the most likely name to come in if Nige wants some height.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did you not think Cornick was really bright last week v Pompey?

Bar Sykes goal (not dismissing the importance of that element) I didn’t think he offered anywhere near the same as Cornick last week.

Having said that Sykes has done well in other PS games, as has Cornick.

Theres little to choose between them.  It really feels like perm 1 from 2 (for each position up top).

Suggest the difference is that Sykes scores goals whereas up to now, Cornick hasn't.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Outfield Subs from:

I reckon Cornick will get the nod for the same reason - plus the weather might favour his physicality. Weimann’s birthday too today.