IGNORED

TdF 2023

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Another day and another large crash at the back of the peloton caused by a spectator standing too far into the road to take a photo. Not yet known who's fully affected but Nathan Van Hooydonck and Sepp Kuss of Jumbo Visma and Egan Bernal of Ineos certainly hit the deck. Don't know if any are particularly badly injured but it's a potential blow to those teams. Ineos are already down to 6 riders as Dani Martinez failed a concussion protocol test last night, following yesterday's crash, and didn't start today. 

And now a motorbike has just clipped a rider and sent him in to a wall 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Time trial next I think?

Could that make a difference.

I doubt it. Only 22kms, just under 14 mls

I would guess that it will only be seconds either way who ever comes out on top.

What a contest, amazing that they are so closely matched

Brilliant to watch ?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Rodriguez. Where did he come from? A future tour winner without a doubt.

Agreed but his chances are better if he says with an organisation like Ineos. I know, he is Spanish but if he goes to Movistar I'm not sure they have the depth of team to help him. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Not sure yet, i think Pogacar can take time out of him on the TT 

He might need to as Wednesdays stage to Couchervel up the Col de Loz might be better for Vingegaard. It's certainly a TT for the GC/Climbers and not the TT purists. As I've said above I fancy Van Aert for the win. Adam Yates could replace Carlos Rodriguez on the podium but like the battle for the Yellow Jersey it could be tight. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Vingegaard`s to lose now?

It looks that way at the moment, and the rest day seems to be coming at a good time for Pog. The joker in the pack is Kuss and how hard his fall was today. If he’s not 100% on the way up to Courchevel, the door’s open for Pog. That’s where it’ll be won or lost now IMO.

3 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Time trial next I think?

Could that make a difference.

No. There might be a difference on the day, but Vingegaard’s a decent time trialist too so I don’t expect there to be much between them over that distance. 

Edited by tin

OMG! Vingegaard out of this world! A man who has never before won a world tour TT has blown the rest of the field away. He will have to blow up big time or probably crash for Pogacar to have any chance to win now. 

There is still a good race for the podium though. Adam Yates moved above Rodriguez today but only by 5 seconds. Ineos will clearly work in support of Rodriguez but will Yates be expected to continue to work for Pogacar. The upshot of that is will it aid UAE to blow away Ineos or will it hinder his podium position. 

Absolutely mental!! 
That’s a crazy amount of time to put into the whole rest of the race! 
Bearing in mind Van Aert is an elite time triallist, Jonas beat him by 2 mins 51 secs! 
That’s enormous! 

I can see why questions might be asked. For the record, I don’t think there’s anything amiss, but you can see why some might be asked. It’s an unreal gap for that distance. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Absolutely mental!! 
Bearing in mind Van Aert is an elite time triallist, Jonas beat him by 2 mins 51 secs! 
That’s enormous! 

I can see why questions might be asked. For the record, I don’t think there’s anything amiss, but you can see why some might be asked. It’s an unreal gap for that distance. 

There was a bigger time gap, 1st - 3rd than 3rd to 50th 

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Absolutely mental!! 
That’s enormous! 

I think at the end it came down to 2 factors. VG was stronger than TG and VG wanted it more. VG looked like a man at the end who had put 110%% into the day.

15 hours ago, Rob k said:

This is incredible- never expected this…….is this the tour done and dusted? 

I think it is. The only way he loses now is if he crashes IMO. I can’t quite believe what he pulled off yesterday. 

17 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Maybe Pogacar was paying too for hardly having a lot of training before the tour due to his injury ?

Yep. I think that’s come to the fore today. 
He’s looking pale!! And he probably gonna lose 4 mins + here! 

• Sad 1