IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's the max yes, I was just reading about what other teams have had in the past. I think there must be an option of upper or lower tier, or both. 8k being both which I'm sure we will ask for

I love the DLR. Disappointed whenever I go to London and don't use the DLR 😀

When the stadium opened the fans in the cheapest seats had to sign a disclaimer stating that their seats wouldn’t be available for cup games due to the 10% requirement 

The regular away allocation is both upper and lower tiers. The lower is temporary seating which is closer to the pitch whilst the upper tier (including the extra bit for cup games) is some distance from the pitch 

• Thanks 3

Tech legal pointconcerning those Reading fans who threw tennis balls onto the pitch;

It is an offence for someone to throw anything towards the pitch or the area around the pitch. The law does not specify what items the law relates to and therefore any item thrown on to the pitch is included in this offence. Therefore this offence includes throwing items such as cups, bottles, coins or more obscure items such as inflatable snakes!

Offences under The Football (Offences) Act 1991 can only dealt with in a Magistrates’ Court. The maximum sentence that can impose for an offence under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 is a fine of up to £1000. If convicted of one of these offences the Court must impose a Football Banning Order if they think there are reasonable grounds to believe that imposing such an Order  would help to prevent violence or disorder at football matches.

• Thanks 1

These tennis balls on the pitch.

If they want to get their protest seen they should practice throwing the balls so that when the balls come to rest (easy now) they spell out a protest message, like sack the board or something.

This is not incitement for it to happen at AG. In fact the opposite, protests should not stop others doing what they want to do IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wouldn`t worry mate, it`s not going to be on TV so Saturday or Sunday for sure. The TV ones are pretty nailed on - Arsenal v Liverpool, Sunderland v Newcastle, Wigan v Man Utd and a couple of lower league at home ones.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Sunday, seems to be lots of ties in London in the 3rd round..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Sunday, seems to be lots of ties in London in the 3rd round..

11 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yeah, they`ll probably split them up a bit. Depends what else is going too, demos and the like.

There are 11 London ties , they will be spread out , not just for TV. 4 all Prem and a good potential giant killing. 
There is a chance of Sat 3pm, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it Saturday evening.

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What chance this isn’t a Saturday 3pm kick off?

I can’t make the Saturday afternoon so hoping for literally anything else! (Sorry traditionalists)

Reasonable chance I'd say. It won't be picked for TV or anything, but there are a lot of London clubs at home and ties also tend to get moved around for overseas broadcast.

• Thanks 1

Having a closer look;

All Prem 
Arsenal v Liverpool
Brentford v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Crystal Palace v Everton
Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

Others

West Ham v Bristol City
Chelsea v Preston North End
QPR v Bournemouth
Millwall v Leicester CIty
AFC Wimbledon or Ramsgate v Ipswich Town
Fulham v Rotherham United

Others of interest 
Sunderland v Newcastle United
Manchester City v Huddersfield Town
Wigan Athletic v Manchester United

I would think, one game shown Friday, 2 or 3 Saturday and 3 Sunday. I've highlighted the ones I think most likely to interest TV. Then there are Police recommendations , London ties and even fans travelling from Bristol on the same day. 
If I had to bet , I would say Sunday is favourite, but that is a guess. 

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12823211/Jeff-Stelling-calls-completely-new-FA-Cup-format-makes-bold-claim-Arsenal-Liverpool-drawn-round-clash.html

Former Soccer Saturday host Jeff Stelling believes the FA Cup third round draw should be seeded to give lower and non-league sides their 'moment in the sun'. 'I'm not interested in Arsenal against Liverpool in the FA Cup, I see it in the Premier League, not interested at all,' he told talkSPORT. 'What worries me is some of the smaller teams who get through to this stage. You look at Eastleigh and Maidstone, they played five games to get to this stage and they are looking for a bumper payday.

26 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12823211/Jeff-Stelling-calls-completely-new-FA-Cup-format-makes-bold-claim-Arsenal-Liverpool-drawn-round-clash.html

Former Soccer Saturday host Jeff Stelling believes the FA Cup third round draw should be seeded to give lower and non-league sides their 'moment in the sun'. 'I'm not interested in Arsenal against Liverpool in the FA Cup, I see it in the Premier League, not interested at all,' he told talkSPORT. 'What worries me is some of the smaller teams who get through to this stage. You look at Eastleigh and Maidstone, they played five games to get to this stage and they are looking for a bumper payday.

I agree with him, what's the point in showing a game that you'll see twice a year anyway. Probably one reason why the Cup has lost some of its magic. Even the FA Cup is all about the Prem, you can bet that those games I mentioned above will be shown live. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I agree with him, what's the point in showing a game that you'll see twice a year anyway. Probably one reason why the Cup has lost some of its magic. Even the FA Cup is all about the Prem, you can bet that those games I mentioned above will be shown live. 

I see the point and agree to a certain extent, but it would probably mean Championship clubs would have a higher chance of playing each other.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I see the point and agree to a certain extent, but it would probably mean Championship clubs would have a higher chance of playing each other.

Depends how they seed and who.
If they seed the lower teams so they get someone from the top 2 divisions , then free draw the rest it could work.
Not going to happen anyway, TV love those boring all Prem games as they see it as bigger TV audiences .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Depends how they seed and who.
If they seed the lower teams so they get someone from the top 2 divisions , then free draw the rest it could work.
Not going to happen anyway, TV love those boring all Prem games as they see it as bigger TV audiences .

And Man Utd would be on no matter who they were playing, if they were home to Gillingham it would be shown live.

On 03/12/2023 at 13:22, Lew-T said:

Should be okay I think. They usually televise games if the underdog is at home.

So West Ham v City is definitely going to be televised.

With us singing "Drink up Thy Cider" and the Hammers fans mistakenly singing "Come on you Ions" the atmosphere will be positively electric.

On 02/12/2023 at 11:36, Harry said:

Reading up on some of the emergency loan regulations, it seems that a player can play in an FA cup game but then if the emergency loanee is to also be played in a replay then it needs agreement (or permanent signing).
The wording is quite complex, so I’m not 100%. But this could mean that when Belshaw played in the replay he was ineligible. 

"A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to play in a replay, a match rescheduled as a result of a postponement, abandonment or in a match ordered to be replayed, if transferred permanently by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the Registration Deadline for that round, provided that the player was eligible to play for the loaning Club in the original match and the players registration with the loaning Club is continuous from the Registration Deadline for that round through to the date of the replay or rescheduled match."

We should find out about Forest Green’s situation at midday today.