IGNORED

December 14 1981 Evening Post

Red Billy

On 08/07/2023 at 17:45, pongo88 said:

When re-decorating I always used to write obscure messages on the walls, before applying the wallpaper, to be found by subsequent owners of the house. Unfortunately I don’t wallpaper anymore, just emulsion the walls, so I can’t do this anymore 

The people who bought our family home after my parents died- the house was in the family for 55 years - did some refurbishments and a former neighbour told me they found my first name carved into a bannister rail, my name and signature (dated from when I was 10) behind wallpaper and 'Bristol City F.C. Rule OK' in various places.

Not sure how Mum and Dad put up with me!

Last time I had to replace a section of wallpaper in my current house, about 20 years ago, I listed the City team due to play that afternoon, who we were playing, the division City were in, the manager etc. with the date.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

And to make it even more of a bargain, Terry Cooper drove up to Darlington and helped him move. Couldn’t afford big relocation fees in them days.

That’s the sort of thing selfless thing Mark Ashton would of done when he was here ?

• Haha 1