IGNORED

Bristol City v Torquay

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Spudgun said:

Even before his quick double today, i've thought this could be a big season for Mehmeti.

Having now settled in and with a full pre season i'm really looking forward to him terrorizing championship defences.

Is he playing on the lhs or behind TC I wonder?

I always thought he would cause havoc just behind the front man.

Edited by Ska Junkie

Just now, Spudgun said:

Even before his quick double today, i've thought this could be a big season for Mehmeti.

Having now settled in and with a full pre season i'm really looking forward to him terrorizing championship defences.

Big season for him. With Scott likely to go we will be looking at him for creativity.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Is he playing on the lhs or behind TC I wonder?

Indeed, going to be interesting.

Scott going (hopefully not of course) could dictate where he plays perhaps.

If he does then it's a way of getting both Bell & Anis in the starting line up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudgun said:

Indeed, going to be interesting.

Scott going (hopefully not of course) could dictate where he plays perhaps.

If he does then it's a way of getting both Bell & Anis in the starting line up.

Option of Benarous playing there once he's fit too.

• Like 4

If we're not allowed to feel anything negative about a pre-season performance, are we allowed to feel positive about them? Or do we have to be totally neutral?

I've got some positive thoughts creeping in but I feel I should suppress them...

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mozo said:

If we're not allowed to feel anything negative about a pre-season performance, are we allowed to feel positive about them? Or do we have to be totally neutral?

I've got some positive thoughts creeping in but I feel I should suppress them...

Ask again about 5pm on August 5th ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t get the constant negativity of some, even when it comes to a hastily arranged meaningless kick around to get players up toward match fitness. 

I guess other people extrapolated being down in a friendly to torquay in 2mins over the course of a 46 game season to conclude we'd finish on 0 pts.
Though i am sure many of the responses were tongue in cheek!!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t get the constant negativity of some, even when it comes to a hastily arranged meaningless kick around to get players up toward match fitness. 

We've so far had about two posts that could be deemed negative (ie someone posted the words "slightly worrying") and about 10 posts complaining about constant negativity!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

I guess other people extrapolated being down in a friendly to torquay in 2mins over the course of a 46 game season to conclude we'd finish on 0 pts.
Though i am sure many of the responses were tongue in cheek!!

Many! But there are some described by one bloke up the thread as relentless with their negativity. It’s true!

21 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

Cornick and Mehmeti have been written off by our fanbase. 

I can see them both having a great season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

You don't have to feel neutral however is the first game of pre-season (that we can't even watch) with a mix up different players the right time to feel positive or negative.. I don't think so.

Just now, RedRoss said:

You don't have to feel neutral however is the first game of pre-season (that we can't even watch) with a mix up different players the right time to feel positive or negative.. I don't think so.

I can't help but be a bit pleased.

When I used to play pre-season friendlies at a pitifully bad level I used to enjoy winning and getting on the scoresheet.

This could be the start that Cornick and Mehmetti need to get on a roll and win a place in the side.

• Like 1