IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

Good resilience not to lose but investment needed in that front line! A few in the wars but I won’t put any on the list for now. 

Injured:

Dickie

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

1 out, 2 in as we name a full bench. Vyner completes the set as all of our senior centre-halves are now injured. Roberts and Tanner fill in with Pring and McCrorie the full-backs - meaning all our fit defenders start in a makeshift back 4. Backwell and fit again TGH are on the bench.

COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Dickie

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Bell

Bit scary seeing Max take that hit and then look a little sore for a while after but soldiered on! Hopefully we hear no more of it.

Enjoyable, karmic finale. Well done boys 🔴⚪

Injured:

Dickie

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Bell

Now been officially confirmed what a few of us knew, Benarous picked up another hamstring injury in his second 21s appearance & his season is over.

Do fear the worst for him, his two 45 minute appearances were spread out over a fortnight & he still can’t stay fit.

Has another year on his deal but certainly can’t be someone Manning can factor in as being available in 24/25.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Now been officially confirmed what a few of us knew, Benarous picked up another hamstring injury in his second 21s appearance & his season is over.

Do fear the worst for him, his two 45 minute appearances were spread out over a fortnight & he still can’t stay fit.

Has another year on his deal but certainly can’t be someone Manning can factor in as being available in 24/25.

Good job Murphy is ready to go then…

Backwell and JKL are on youth-squad duty so no involvement today, only Dickie comes in as we name one fewer sub than last week. Great to have the big man back, my biggest want from today is seeing him come through unscathed! COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Bell

Same 19 players as the Norwich game, with the addition of young Elijah Morrison as we fill the bench. Last home game with nothing on it - be nice to see Morrison get some minutes!

Injured:

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Bell

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pring + hernia op booked this week (hamstring tightened) will be fine for pre-season

Yea caught that in the Manning interview. Be out for next week of course but sounds like it’s the right thing for Cam going forward. 

On todays game - can’t remember too many times seeing us so superior to the opposition. Nice way to see off AG for a few months!

Injured:

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Bell

@Mr Popodopolous of course, one last ride for the season! 🥰

James and Pring make way as expected, both having had minor surgeries in time for them to return for pre-season. Vyner returns from injury and Knight-Lebel is also back in the fold. Both on the bench, seems wise not to throw Vyner back in for this one.

Let’s go out with a bang. 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

James

Benarous

Bell

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

@Mr Popodopolous of course, one last ride for the season! 🥰

James and Pring make way as expected, both having had minor surgeries in time for them to return for pre-season. Vyner returns from injury and Knight-Lebel is also back in the fold. Both on the bench, seems wise not to throw Vyner back in for this one.

Let’s go out with a bang. 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

James

Benarous

Bell

Cheers for that. 7 out then including not risking Vyner.. most were medium to long term but it feels too many really.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cheers for that. 7 out then including not risking Vyner.. most were medium to long term but it feels too many really.

Upper end of normal I’d say. As you say, it’s not so much the number out it’s the severity of the injuries. Atkinson and Benarous both awful, Naismith’s not played in 2024. I truly believe a lucky season with injuries can be the difference between where we are now and 5th/6th. All eyes on next season!

• Like 1

Not the end we wanted of course but the late season form was good overall. Some profligacy in front of goal again today. Surely the area of focus for the summer.

And there we have it. Another season down. Not a good one all told. No progress, and for me at least, I’ve never been more sure that a certain wealthy family will continue to hold us back. 

Manning’s first full season will hopefully see us move forward, I’m excited to see what he can achieve with our club, in spite of what’s above 🔴⚪

Finally, fingers crossed the six names below have a smooth recovery and are on a team sheet in early August!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

James

Benarous

Bell

17 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

James

Benarous

Bell

Like the updated injury list each match Gav but it would be interesting where possible to add the date of the original injury next to each name to see just how long each player has been out of the matchday squad for, i.e. Rob Atkinson, 18/2/23. Also a running total of first team games unavailable for due to that injury or a secondary setback perhaps?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Like the updated injury list each match Gav but it would be interesting where possible to add the date of the original injury next to each name to see just how long each player has been out of the matchday squad for, i.e. Rob Atkinson, 18/2/23. Also a running total of first team games unavailable for due to that injury or a secondary setback perhaps?

I can provide that:

image.thumb.png.633898106850c19bb652d73686d33b57.png

image.thumb.png.453bcd5cc9d57a6bf7ede877a3ca1111.png

Based on injuries reported by club, not rumours.

I introduced a “match fitness” category for those players who were playing u21s games as part of their rehab.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Naismith- he must be coming up the end of his deal maybe 12 months left.

What is the current state of his recovery.

I dont see him getting back in the side so another wage being sucked out of 1st team squad.

Hopefully pompey will take him on loan?

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can provide that:

I introduced a “match fitness” category for those players who were playing u21s games as part of their rehab.

All good Dave, very comprehensive, but perhaps different from an at a glance match by match rolling update concentrating just on those currently injured which I'd also like to see in Gav's pre match info.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All good Dave, very comprehensive, but perhaps different from an at a glance match by match rolling update concentrating just on those currently injured which I'd also like to see in Gav's pre match info.

Yep, can filter by those currently injured.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I can provide that:

I’m happy to start adding those details, Dave I’ll lean on you for the first game of next season but then any new injuries after that I’ll take note of the start date and start a match-by-match count? 

As and aside, I looked at some Birmingham forums yesterday for a bit of light relief. And it’s another time I’ve thought OTIB is so far superior it’s ridiculous. So many posters with actual insight and stats, people giving their time for exhaustive match reports and the like. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 11:50, Mark barton said:

Naismith- he must be coming up the end of his deal maybe 12 months left.

What is the current state of his recovery.

I dont see him getting back in the side so another wage being sucked out of 1st team squad.

Hopefully pompey will take him on loan?

He’s got another year.

No idea of his recovery position but his availability record this season (9 league starts) has been awful.

Think Manning would be happy to move him on if we could find a taker this summer but expect he’s a top six earner for us, which will make it tough.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'd like this to be a far shorter topic in 24/25. 🤞🏼

This thread covers 2 seasons - so far - and hopefully will roll on again into the new season, rather than starting a new thread.

Very interesting to look back and compare over recent seasons and of course we have players out for a whole season, or unfortunately, even longer.

What I'm hoping is Gav can finally remove Rob Atkinson, and especially Ayman, from his list, that would be great.

• Thanks 2
  • Robin 2