IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

With everyone available that’ll motivate the players to perform at their best not just in training but matches as well. When/if Manning gets a fully fit squad he’ll be stuck for choice. Dickie/Vyner are pretty much cemented at CB, Pring at Lb and Tanner Rb. Both Naismith and McCorrie can play in defence or  midfield- where  do the returning players fit in? 

Selecting the best 11 will be a tough ask

It’ll be wonderful to have a deeper and stronger squad at long last which will obviously make rotating that much easier.

Bit of a rough day with injuries, with Rob going down again for the unders and Pring an absentee tonight. Twine neither played for the youngers nor makes the bench, hopefully see him again on Saturday? 

Plus side, Sykes back (and replaces Pring in the one change to the 20) and Kal is obviously close which will be a relief to Dickie and Vyner I’m bloody sure!

COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Twine

On 12/02/2024 at 17:23, Davefevs said:

Atkinson and Naismith hopefully playing for u21s tomorrow.

Sykes and Twine close.  Sykes very close, has done his full-pace “test”.

I know you didn’t have him on your list, but HWR played 90 for u21s on Saturday.

+++++

Ive added a new unavailability category - “match fitness” to distinguish between a player back in training but not yet ready for for first team.

Big Rob falls into that category, as Will Kal if he plays tomorrow.

Kal in the match fitness category. I’m really excited to have him back, bit of a fav of mine. Twine a bit of a mystery, I’m hoping for Saturday! 

Edited by BCFCGav

That is surely the performance and result of the season. Even better than WHU. We deserved to beat them comfortably and did imo. And Bell… he deserved that goal. Big Dickie with his 4th this season from defence. Super Harry Cornick makes it comfy. Amazing, amazing night 🔴⚪🔴⚪

And no new knocks that I saw! And Sykes back! And Twine and Kal soon! Things change so fast in this bloody sport 🤣

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Twine

On 14/02/2024 at 08:32, Spike said:

How bad is Atkinson injury from the under 21s? I'm starting to worry that lad is just riddled with injuries and may never fully recover at this rate. 

I've heard that its a tear in his hamstring and will require surgery

Edited by westonred

On 17/07/2022 at 01:03, BCFCGav said:

I’m gonna start tracking this for the new season now. Feel free to pin if you like, I’ll keep updated as season roles on.

As always, any help with bits I’ve missed or added details welcome ? COYR!

Bajic

Pring

Benarous

Semenyo

a bad omen?

One in, one out. Knight-Lebel vacates for the returning Twine. The touch paper has been relit, it’d be very us to wobble against this QPR! But we won’t. We can do this!

COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Pring

Benarous

Bad News for Sam, better for Pring and good for Twine & Sykes.

Squad update: Sheffield Wednesday (A)

21 February 2024

Liam Manning has shared an injury update on a number of players ahead of City’s trip to face Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, February 24th.

The City Head Coach has confirmed that Sam Bell will be out of aciton for a number of months after being substituted off during City’s previous fixture against Queens Park Rangers.

“He’s picked up a really bad hamstring injury, he’s going to be out for the rest of the season unfortunately. He’s going to require surgery.”

With Mark Sykes and Scott Twine recently returning to matchday squads, with the former making a substitute appearance against the Hoops, Manning confirmed they could be fit to feature from the start on Saturday, but may have to be patient.

“Twiney’s looked a lot sharper today than he did at the back end of last week so he’s pushing [to play].

“Sykesy’s finishing was outstanding [in training] today so they’re two that are going to get an opportunity. 

“A big culture for what you’ve seen with the lads, they’ve done a terrific job of putting the team first. We’ve had to make tweaks and changes, we’ve done it for physical reasons or sometimes just for game plan and how we think we can get success in games and the lads have kept their heads down and worked and when called upon, stepped up and delivered.”

“It’ll be no different for them two lads.”

Manning also confirmed that Cam Pring has returned to training after missing the last two fixtures with injury.

“Pringy’s a lot closer, first session back out there today (Tuesday), we’ll see how he responds to the work we’ve done and then he’ll be back out training on Thursday.”

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given Roberts has his uses, let's not bounce Pring back in.

Bench strength sure, but the season is drifting a bit...let's not risk anything unnecessary Saturday.

One thing I liked about Nige, he did give someone a chance to win & keep the shirt. Roberts has done well and if Pring would have been fit I would have thought he deserved to start at Weds.  When both fit it gives chance to have them pushing each other and we will be able to rotate to keep intensity . 
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Roberts playing in front of Pring .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One thing I liked about Nige, he did give someone a chance to win & keep the shirt. Roberts has done well and if Pring would have been fit I would have thought he deserved to start at Weds.  When both fit it gives chance to have them pushing each other and we will be able to rotate to keep intensity . 
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Roberts playing in front of Pring .

That’s not a bad shout with Roberts in front of Pring.

Roberts looks comfortable on the ball and I think he could link up nicely further up the pitch

• Like 1

I feel bad for Sam Bell. He's played a lot more that I expected this season and has had ups and downs. It looked promising when he scored last week, so classic that he now gets an unlucky injury. Maybe too much football a factor?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mozo said:

I feel bad for Sam Bell. He's played a lot more that I expected this season and has had ups and downs. It looked promising when he scored last week, so classic that he now gets an unlucky injury. Maybe too much football a factor?

Was having a good run of form.

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was having a good run of form.

He was. He's still a work in progress for me. Along with Mehmeti, he's not at the level needed yet, and needs another season or two to develop.

• Like 3

Three out and two in as we name one fewer sub. Bell we knew about, James and Twine unwelcome surprises. I get lots of ‘🤨’ reacts when I give my opinion on the Twine loan. But surely now we can all see panic loans to cover our arses is poor business. It just felt financially wasteful.

Pring is back (excellent news) and Knight-Lebel returns to the squad as we again succumb to injuries.

As always, three points will certainly lift the spirits! 😃

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

James

Benarous

Twine

Bell