IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Happy New Year Gav, and Many Thanks for all your hard work this past twelve months and the many months before that.

Your input is much appreciated.

Happy new year Phil, my pleasure re this thread. Keeps me out of trouble!

King is fit and returns to the bench at Yeboah’s expense. Experienced cover for the midfield and maybe even Centre-half roles if required. Otherwise, unchanged 20. COYR.

Injured:

McCrorie

Atkinson

Naismith

Roberts

Benarous

• Thanks 1

They better do something serious against West Ham after that crock of shite!

Naturally, we got a player back, so the football God’s took one. An important one too in Sykes. Vyner was also hobbling late but I’ll leave him off for now.

Injured:

McCrorie

Atkinson

Naismith

Roberts

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1

Thought Pring was excellent today but looked knackered at the end, this is where it would be good to have Roberts back to bring him on so Pring doesn't have to play every minute of every game. Worried about Sykes, from where I was straight away he seemed to go down and he knew straight away he was done, very very worrying. I was surprised Yeboah was taken out the squad I know King came back in but was expecting Manning to take out Nelson or something but imagine now with Sykes' injury he will be back on the bench. Would be great to have McCrorie back next week or the week after at Preston think he will turn out to be an excellent signing. Also, looking forward to getting Rob back would love to see both Rob's in a team together!

16 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

Thought Pring was excellent today but looked knackered at the end, this is where it would be good to have Roberts back to bring him on so Pring doesn't have to play every minute of every game. Worried about Sykes, from where I was straight away he seemed to go down and he knew straight away he was done, very very worrying. I was surprised Yeboah was taken out the squad I know King came back in but was expecting Manning to take out Nelson or something but imagine now with Sykes' injury he will be back on the bench. Would be great to have McCrorie back next week or the week after at Preston think he will turn out to be an excellent signing. Also, looking forward to getting Rob back would love to see both Rob's in a team together!

Think Ross will need a few u21 games first. 

On 02/01/2024 at 13:58, MrRedRobin said:

Yeah, probably. Maybe a couple of weeks then

On 02/01/2024 at 13:55, James54De said:

Think Ross will need a few u21 games first. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-latest-ahead-9017516?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Bristol+Live+-+BCFC+Newsletter_newsletter&utm_content=&utm_term=&ruid=eda3a0ce-34ec-4a85-96cd-ae68727a6b80

Am I the only one who thought/hoped with only two fit wingers we’d change shape and give Tommy a strike partner? Well we haven’t, Bell and Mehmeti start on the flanks in Sykes absence. West Ham have gone strong too, which makes me a little nervous!

No new returns and we name one less player rather than replace Sykes with a youngster on the bench.

Injured:

McCrorie

Atkinson

Naismith

Roberts

Benarous

Sykes

Emotions a bit mixed for me after that. We played very well and got the replay, but when we equalised we were well on course to go and do them today. And after Brum and Millwall, I really coulda done with seeing us win! 

No new knocks, about 7 for West Ham mind!

Injured:

McCrorie

Atkinson

Naismith

Roberts

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1

I see Ross has been talking about his injury - bone infection in his hip that required a small piece of bone to be removed.

Pretty scary stuff & I know what I'dve had in my head had it been me 😬...

Very invasive surgery & no wonder the timescale.

In house match for him at HPC this week so I'm wondering if all goes well he makes the bench for the West Ham replay??? 🤞

Edited by Son of Fred

Sounds like Naismith has had another setback

“Kal’s going to be a while, he’s had a little bit of a clean-up," Manning said reluctantly. When questioned on whether it was a fresh problem with the Scot's existing hamstring issue, he replied: "There are a few bits, yeah.”

A very interesting 2 in, 2 out today as we again name 8 subs.

Out - Nelson (just a youngster, nothing to see here I doubt) and… Weimann. By all accounts running on a treadmill in the midlands. 

In - Roberts and McCrorie, both back fit! We have full back cover on both sides! This makes me happy 😃 

******* whisper it… we have a very small injury list right now.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1

Third horrid league performance in a row but thankfully I knew it was coming when PNE fans said we’d walk it. We drop our level to match poor teams and raise it for good teams. Painful few weeks but I’m so bored it barely hurts!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1

Shape change then. Ross comes back, we go back 5. Should be fun to see Ross and Cam flying up opposite wings. Big game. COYR 🔴⚪

Knight is under the weather by the way, according to BBC Bristol. Well enough for the bench though. Nelson is back on the bench as we return to filling it with all 9 subs.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Sykes

Defence has kept a good few clean-sheets this season but that’s a beauty, 1-0 up through Mr. TC in the 3rd minute and then see it out. I think we could’ve been a bit better on the ball if I’m honest, so even more to come 🤞😍 what a night. And no injuries, as always, a VERY welcome bonus.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Remember that happening to Pring last season and immediately thought the same could happen here. Shame but James/TGH showed their worth last night

Means he might as well play Saturday and then have a 10 day rest for Coventry.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Means he might as well play Saturday and then have a 10 day rest for Coventry.

I wonder if we'll have Sykes back for the Cup match. Get the impression it's not a very serious one for him.

• Like 1

Quick one today as I was running late. Knight is well enough after illness to start rather than take a place on the bench. One change to the MD20 - Nelson out, Twine in (and starts 😁). COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Sykes

• Thanks 1