IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hard to keep track, presumably along with Atkinson, Benarous and Bell, Naismith is out for the season.

Vs Leicester if players returning and fitness improved I'd try..maybe.

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

James Knight Williams

Sykes    Conway   Twine

Albeit I understand the case for TGH and or Twine central.

They’re hoping to give Benarous some minutes this season, no? 

If James is fit, he HAS to play.

i wanna see something like;

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

• Hmmm 1

On 19/03/2024 at 07:38, RedEyez said:

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

That looks very good to me - not that we'll ever see it.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 07:38, RedEyez said:

Max

Tanner   Vyner   Dickie 

Sykes James Knight Pring

Twine

Wells  Conway

The big problem seems to be LM is wedded to playing one forward.  I think he’d rather play 2 no10s.

What I’d do is a very different matter! 😉

• Like 1

Honestly think Sykes would be wasted at wingback.

Suppose you could also morph to a 4-2-2-2 in certain phases.

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

James Knight

Sykes                      Twine

Wells Conway

2 in, 2 out as we again name the full complement of 9 subs. James and Williams return, TGH and Meerholz make way. Meerholz likely just making way for more experienced players, TGH may well have a knock. 

Really tough game today, hoping cool heads prevail if it doesn’t go our way!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

Great performance and great win. Still a little wasteful of chances, think that needs work in the Summer. And conceded some chances but against a 150m or whatever Leicester squad, that’s very likely! 

Lovely way to start the Easter weekend, but Knighty’s sub worries me a little… fingers crossed it’s nothing too troubling. Off the list for now - we’ll see Monday! 

Happy Easter all.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 2

Same 11, same 20 as (very) Good Friday. 

My guess is TGH and Benarous are closest to a return, which is of course good but I kinda wish it was a Naismith/Atkinson to take some burden off Dickie and Vyner! 

COYR!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Same 11, same 20 as (very) Good Friday. 

My guess is TGH and Benarous are closest to a return, which is of course good but I kinda wish it was a Naismith/Atkinson to take some burden off Dickie and Vyner

COYR!

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

CB pairings will play 46x90 if they can.  Hey do the least running of any position also.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

CB pairings will play 46x90 if they can.  Hey do the least running of any position also.

For sure, I mean more the mental burden of ‘we cannot get sick or injured ever’ 🤣 they’ve shouldered a lot of responsibility for the badge this seasons and deserve all the plaudits for it.

Back to back wins and lots of positives today, as are being discussed in other threads. Utter safety at this point and lots more good individual performances from the lads too. Think all subs were tactical, another positive! You reds 🔴⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Any idea how much longer Atkinson will be unavailable? Seems ages since he got injured. Manning will have a selection headache when he at Naismith are both back.

It’s on the OS, or you’ll have to take my word for it that he’s out for the season.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if we will see Naismith at all or is he also out for the rest of the season? I appreciate Atkinson certainly is, Bell and probably Benarous likewise.

Kal is getting closer…not planned to be out for rest of season.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Both Atkinson and Naismith? I can’t find any recent updates on the OS.

You only asked about Atkinson.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You only asked about Atkinson.

The ACL injury Atkinson had must have been really severe which may have needed surgery - thats possibly why he’s have missed much of the season. Hopefully he’ll be fully recovered come August.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if we will see Naismith at all or is he also out for the rest of the season? I appreciate Atkinson certainly is, Bell and probably Benarous likewise.

I think I recall LM (or someone from the club) saying they hoped to see Benarous get a few 1st team minutes this season… that or it was a very weird dream! 🤣 Would be nice to see though. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I think I recall LM (or someone from the club) saying they hoped to see Benarous get a few 1st team minutes this season… that or it was a very weird dream! 🤣 Would be nice to see though. 

Think he said u21 mins first.

• Like 1

Been away this week, was anything said yesterday about TGH’s availability for tomorrow?

Arguably if he’s fit then our injury “list” only consists of 3 players because you can’t consider Benarous injured if he came through the last 21s game unscathed.

Edited by GrahamC

On 03/04/2024 at 16:21, Davefevs said:

Is Naismith going into the last year of his contract?

If so, it seems we're not exactly rushing to offer new terms, unlike Conway for instance. No surprise there.

Personally, I'd lose his wages in the summer if we can. Especially if it meant room in the budget to retain James (not that cost is the driving factor in releasing him it seems) or if it meant increasing our ability to splash out on a really good, ie costly, no.10.

Because, let's face it, we've already proved we're good enough to beat the likes of Saints and Leicester without him. And is he the answer to breaking down the teams that set up to park the bus and hope to nick a win - which is the important improvement we have to make next season - beating teams at AG who park the bus?

Personally, I think not.

Roberts is the future for starters, not Naismith.

And while allowing a lot of experience to walk out the door this summer is not something I'm in favour of - especially for a club that puts so much emphasis on young players - there's a crucial difference between King & James leaving and Naismith.

Because King & James know what winning looks like, what being successful in the Championship and in the Prem looks like. They know what it takes to achieve what our owner says he aspires to (but even then will be released because they make the owner's lapdog, or teknikal director if you will, feel very small and very inadequate just like our previous manager).

Naismith, meanwhile, knows what playing for Accrington Stanley looks like.

Compare and contrast.

Truly, this owner and his lackeys do not deserve success, never mind know how to achieve it.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

@Merrick's Marvels Naismith has another year.

The only senior players out of contract are Weimann (effectively already gone), James, Williams & King.

Wiles-Richards & Backwell are OoC amongst several of the 21s, the rumour is nearly all have already been told they’re being released.

• Like 1

Good post @Merrick's Marvels, thought provoking on Naismith.  Devil’s advocate, he knows what it’s like to reach the Champ playoffs.  He’s a leader too, so we shouldn’t poo-Pooh that he played for Stanley.  Interviews with Vyner and Atkinson detailed his mental toughness.

But his injury record is the cause for concern, not his ability imho.

He’ll be on a decent wage, but I think he’d have suitors if he was to become available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Good post @Merrick's Marvels, thought provoking on Naismith.  Devil’s advocate, he knows what it’s like to reach the Champ playoffs.  He’s a leader too, so we shouldn’t poo-Pooh that he played for Stanley.  Interviews with Vyner and Atkinson detailed his mental toughness.

But his injury record is the cause for concern, not his ability imho.

He’ll be on a decent wage, but I think he’d have suitors if he was to become available.

I think a fit Naismith would be a real needle mover for us. I politely disagree with MM on this one. I also think he would help against low blocks, he’s got good vision and pass execution. I think I’d keep him and role the dice on a luckier year with injuries, though I appreciate it’s a big risk.

• Like 2

Well we were always going to lose another centre-half before finally getting one back, weren’t we?! Dickie has a ‘minor calf injury’ - I hate that they said minor. In City parlance that’s 11 months out. McCrorie is also absent worryingly, meaning our defence is suddenly very light throughout.

Neither are replaced in the match-day squad as we name 7 subs rather than 9.

I will say this - they’re right to risk neither of them given our current position. COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Dickie

Atkinson

Naismith

McCrorie

TGH

Benarous

Bell

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Well we were always going to lose another centre-half before finally getting one back, weren’t we?! Dickie has a ‘minor calf injury’ - I hate that they said minor. In City parlance that’s 11 months out. McCrorie is also absent worryingly, meaning our defence is suddenly very light throughout.

Neither are replaced in the match-day squad as we name 7 subs rather than 9.

I will say this - they’re right to risk neither of them given our current position. COYR 🔴⚪

Injured:

Dickie

Atkinson

Naismith

McCrorie

TGH

Benarous

Bell

McCrorie isn't out, was missed off the subs on the graphic for some reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

McCrorie isn't out, was missed off the subs on the graphic for some reason.

Not the first time they’ve done that actually! Thanks mate. 

Injured:

Dickie

Atkinson

Naismith

TGH

Benarous

Bell