IGNORED

Taylor Moore

4 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He was an odd player he's always seemed to be a prospect but at 26 he should be a regular somewhere now.  He's not really developed be that our problem or his I don't know probably both, but I'm not too sad to see him leave.

Little bit tongue in cheek but is it just me or did he always look a bit pretty to be a top level defender?

He`s certainly no Terry Hurlock or Brian Kilcline that`s for sure! Not that that`s a bad thing mind...................

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`s certainly no Terry Hurlock or Brian Kilcline that`s for sure! Not that that`s a bad thing mind...................

Nige likes his defenders to be large, hence the liking for Kalas, the signing of Dickie who is a big unit and the promotion of Raph who is going to be massive.

Taylor-Moore comes across as a really nice bloke, fairly lightweight and an intelligent person, just doesn’t fit the profile.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Didn`t LJ (or MA more likely) loan him to Blackpool out of the blue just when he was looking good after he`d had a run in our side?

Loaned him out about 4 separate times whilst having a decent enough run in the first team…..publicly called out in press conferences a few times…. I definitely don’t think LJ will be spoken about too highly by Taylor!

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Whenever I think of him, it reminds me of that Assombalomba goal where it just flicked off TM's head to play him onside.

His last three games for us were all pretty brutal.

That 6-0 defeat at Watford where he played LCB with Ryley Towler on the outside of him & we were 4-0 down at HT when they were both subbed off.

Holden’s last game at home to Reading & then the nadir at home to Barnsley under Simpson & Downing when I don’t think we had either a shot on target or a corner.

Nige made his mind up on him very quickly & never selected him for a competitive game.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His last three games for us were all pretty brutal.

That 6-0 defeat at Watford where he played LCB with Ryley Towler on the outside of him & we were 4-0 down at HT when they were both subbed off.

Holden’s last game at home to Reading & then the nadir at home to Barnsley under Simpson & Downing when I don’t think we had either a shot on target or a corner.

Nige made his mind up on him very quickly & never selected him for a competitive game.

Holden & MA gave him a new 3+1 year deal as well…..when he was probably 5th choice. Insanity and unfair and unproductive for everyone tbh. 

Nige played him at FGR away in the CC, he got bullied by Jamille Matt and went back out on loan pretty soon after 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sadly, another from the 'useful club to have on your bag' transfer policy we had a few years back.

Bit like Engval Whatshisname.

TM was the sort of signing we should have been looking to make more of, England youth squads, decent experience for his age at not a huge cost. Yes TM didn’t work out but in principle it was a good move. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Nige likes his defenders to be large, hence the liking for Kalas, the signing of Dickie who is a big unit and the promotion of Raph who is going to be massive.

Taylor-Moore comes across as a really nice bloke, fairly lightweight and an intelligent person, just doesn’t fit the profile.

Hmmm.

Taylor Moore us bigger than Kalas. Two inches taller, according to Wikipedia anyway.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

TM was the sort of signing we should have been looking to make more of, England youth squads, decent experience for his age at not a huge cost. Yes TM didn’t work out but in principle it was a good move. 

£1.5m, decent wage….we learned well….Massengo £7m***, decent wage!

*** ok it was £2.8m. ?

Hope he does well, seems a good bloke. Feel like timing wasn't kind to him, his main development years were hindered by the club not being in a great state and seeming to constantly make mistakes, one of which was probably giving him a 4 year deal when he wasn't getting a look in at being first choice.

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

No great surprise, and one of the benefits of being bilingual, he won't need as much support settling in as someone who doesn't speak the lingo.

Not sure his sexuality has anything to do with it.......?

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

Hmmm.

Taylor Moore us bigger than Kalas. Two inches taller, according to Wikipedia anyway.

There's a difference between bigger and taller (I'm sure Silvio will jump in on this one.....)  He may have been tall but he could probably have done with bulking up.  

There's definitely a player in there, but one that I feel may well have done better with us coming up from league one rather than straight into the Championship. Right player, wrong timing perhaps.  Shame it didn't work out here, but good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Not sure his sexuality has anything to do with it.......?

There's a difference between bigger and taller (I'm sure Silvio will jump in on this one.....)  He may have been tall but he could probably have done with bulking up.  

There's definitely a player in there, but one that I feel may well have done better with us coming up from league one rather than straight into the Championship. Right player, wrong timing perhaps.  Shame it didn't work out here, but good luck to him.

No issues with bulking up for Taylor, was a very good “size” torso, very similar to TK, Almost like an upside down triangle.

But if it’s not in your game to be overly physical, it’s difficult to change that.

Zak suffers from the same, he’s improved his physicality a tad, but he’s more a disruptive presence rather than a physical ball winner per se.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Taylor is nothing like the childish Engvall.

I feel Taylor was mismanaged here & somewhat messed about.

All the very best to him.

I personally am always complementary about Moore and have been again in another current thread The comment quoted was in respect of the general transfer policy in operation at the time, from another poster, and was a paraphrased quote as what Engvals name was. Splinter in honour of a current poster. But brushing over that…

I am intrigued by your comment that Engval was childish while he was at City. Any anecdotes?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Leveller said:

Hmmm.

Taller maybe, bigger as in physically and presence on the pitch no comparison.

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Taller maybe, bigger as in physically and presence on the pitch no comparison.

Moore is taller and they weigh the same, which I think you’ll find is “bigger as in physically”! 

Presence on the pitch has nothing to do with physical size, of course.

12 hours ago, Leveller said:

Moore is taller and they weigh the same, which I think you’ll find is “bigger as in physically”! 

It’s incredibly unlikely they weigh the same. It would be very odd if Wikipedia had up to date info on that also.

21 hours ago, brady bunch said:

A smashing lad, with great pedigree and a good brain, alas that brain did not extend out onto the pitch in a footballing sense, and some of his mistakes and dallying on the ball when he was last man were horrendous and cost us a lot of points.

Yes, the sort of lad you would like your daughter to bring home. Being brought up in france without the same intensity as the championship means english football might not be suited to him.? He has had a rough ride here, but after 6 years of so and lots of loans, some of it has to be down to him as well?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s incredibly unlikely they weigh the same. It would be very odd if Wikipedia had up to date info on that also.

Actually fifaindex.com has Kalas at 71K and Moore at 80K, but I don't know how accurate any of these websites are.

On 24/07/2023 at 10:01, j1974 said:

Lee Johnson really messed with Taylor's head, he was playing really well and then LJ dropped him and loaned him out. Talk about messing with a players confidence.

Hope he does well in France. 

The game at Ipswich over Christmas time when we lost 2-1. Abraham scored for us, LJ blamed Moore and absolutely hammered him for it. Players there on that night said they’ve never seen anything like it, Moore was due to go to MK dons on loan then LJ sent him to Bury as punishment. 

Taylor Moore is a great lad and always tried his best, I wish him nothing but success. I’m ashamed by how he was treated by LJ on numerous occasions. 

16 hours ago, Leveller said:

When did you weigh them?