IGNORED

Trevor Francis RIP

class not gas

A real quality player, just so quick, smooth and slinky in his movement. A ‘natural’ finisher, who instinctively knew where to be in and around the box. A true diamond of the game.

Rest easy ‘young man’ as Cloughie would say.

• Like 1

A big player as I was growing up and watching footie, Brum, Forest, Man City, Sampdoria, then still doing it at Wednesday as Player-Manager.  A good player for England too, shame he had Achilles problems, he blamed on the modern boot and pitches (of the time).

RIP Trevor

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A big player as I was growing up and watching footie, Brum, Forest, Man City, Sampdoria, then still doing it at Wednesday as Player-Manager.  A good player for England too, shame he had Achilles problems, he blamed on the modern boot and pitches (of the time).

RIP Trevor

Imagine him on today’s pitches….

Bearing in mind a Saudi club has today offered £300m for Mbappe,  what on earth would Trevor’s value be today? 

RIP Trevor. 

Great player. I think he had a trial at City before going to Birmingham as a kid. I’m sure one of the old boys can confirm or deny that?!

I believe this was a heart attack. Lost a few friends over the years to that. Remember TF was as fit as it gets! All of you in your 60s that smoked, drank and had a liking for fried food get checked out. It’s the best advice you’ll get today!

RIP Trevor. I once saw you carry a terrible England team single handedly. You will be missed. 

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

Only saw him once I think, playing for Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough in 1991. He was still a player at 36/37 (ish). Condolences to his family and friends. 

Him and David Hirst ripped us a new one that night - it was their promotion party IIRC. The Chief got ours in a 3-1 hammering.

RIP Trevor, you truly were class. A prond son of Plymouth too, there will be some heavy hearts down there tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Great player. I think he had a trial at City before going to Birmingham as a kid. I’m sure one of the old boys can confirm or deny that?!

I believe this was a heart attack. Lost a few friends over the years to that. Remember TF was as fit as it gets! All of you in your 60s that smoked, drank and had a liking for fried food get checked out. It’s the best advice you’ll get today!

RIP Trevor. I once saw you carry a terrible England team single handedly. You will be missed. 

Came to us and was here for a few weeks before claiming he was homesick. We let him go and two weeks later he signed for Birmingham. After that Dicks put clauses in all the young players we released in similar circumstances, giving us first refusal if they decided to move from their home area again.

He was never one of my favourite people I am afraid, the last time he was at the Gate as Manager his behaviour was appalling, he might have been sent to the stands as I remember, he was booed off for sure.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Him and David Hirst ripped us a new one that night - it was their promotion party IIRC. The Chief got ours in a 3-1 hammering.

RIP Trevor, you truly were class. A prond son of Plymouth too, there will be some heavy hearts down there tonight.

I was there as well LR .I’m sure Nige would have been centre half for them as well.

Very very sad news as ever when a player you’ve grown up with passes.

Always remember his goal against Malmo in the European Cup Final.Was it his first game for Forest?

As my Dad was from Plymouth I always liked Trevor and Paul Mariner.

r.i.p Trevor x

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yes they were going up and Hillsborough was rocking.

Chief scored a belter for us.

Funny that I can recall this match 32 years after the fact, but I really couldn't tell you what I had for lunch!

• Like 1