IGNORED

Exeter game

GrahamC

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scott starts then but won't feature in the game later.

Should we read anything into this.

I don't think so personally. I think Saturdays game will be more of an indication on whose playing first game.

• Like 4

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In theory although I see that Exeter lost 4-1 at Torquay in their last friendly.

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Had a player sent off early on.

It sounded like a "friendly" as in as much as if we played the sags

Lots of strong heavy tackles that Exeter were not expecting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

Can’t help but feel that’s Pearson current ‘second’ team, with Scott included due to a near transfer. Only one that doesn’t maybe add up is Dickie as you feel he has to be starting against Preston.

I would be surpised if Cornick is ahead of Sykes and Mehmeti ahead of Bell, as well as Dickie of course

• Like 5

Just now, Hocca said:

Can’t help but feel that’s Pearson current ‘second’ team, with Scott included due to a near transfer. Only one that doesn’t maybe add up is Dickie as you feel he has to be starting against Preston.

Think Zak and Dickie will be partnered at Portsmouth. Think part of the thinking for time being whilst we are light in that position is to have a senior pro next to a young centre half. Rather than leaving two young lads exposed.

The team tonight probably picks itself now:

O’Leary

Tanner

Araoye

Vyner 

Roberts

James

Williams

Weimann

Cornick

Conway

Mehmeti 

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Think Zak and Dickie will be partnered at Portsmouth. Think part of the thinking for time being whilst we are light in that position is to have a senior pro next to a young centre half. Rather than leaving two young lads exposed.

O’Leary

Tanner

Araoye

Vyner 

Roberts

James

Williams

Weimann

Cornick

Conway

Mehmeti 

Is Knight injured?

2 minutes ago, Hocca said:

I’d be surprised if Sykes doesn’t start either, along with Pring. Bells form too puts him in with a shout. 
Scott playing only means that nothing is lined up atm. Saturday will be a good indication. 

34 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Any info on Meerholz? OS just says he's a midfielder in the U21s.

Not heard the name before I don't think.

From the snippets I’ve seen, and they are snippets, like Morton, quite elegant…but hopefully had more mobility. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

O’Leary

Tanner

Araoye

Vyner 

Roberts

James

Williams

Weimann

Cornick

Conway

Mehmeti 

Knight?

• Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

About as much as you'd read into it for Dickie, Pring, Sykes etc.

So not a lot.

Maybe although had a small leaning towards if a move was further away be would be starting at Cheltenham. Dunno the exact logistics but easier to have him here rather than in an away friendly if there is a breakthrough.

1 minute ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

Hope Naismith plays tonight!

Injured or carrying a knock I thought?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

That team still feels like Pearson is mixing things up and getting minutes into legs more than anything.

But....there are some clear patterns emerging of players often/always in same team/combinations though in his selections:

1) Bell and Wells - was and Cornick (swapped today)

2) Mehmeti and Conway - was and Sykes (swapped today see above)

3) James and Knight and Weimann  (first choice midfield?)

4) Scott has been in the 'second' choice midfield of Williams (Meerholz today) and King

Defence harder to read...but IMO he's paired Dickie and Pring this aftetnoon (likely left side option) and will pair Vyner and Tanner tonight (likely right side pair) although we'll see if McCrorie is back yet and they may change, my guess is he's out still. 

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 3