IGNORED

Exeter game

GrahamC

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re a solid side. And again, this is with probably 6 players who won’t be in our starting 11. 

Shouldn't we be beating these though in fact all the pre season games. We are far superior.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Exactly. Not really a shock we're winning these games easily against this level of opposition.

Yes, its all good fun trouncing lower league sides, a friendly or 2 against stronger opposition could surely have been arranged? Preston have played ipswich and aberdeen which will have been a better run out and more competitive than what weve arranged. if that gives them a little extra 1% on day one then it would be worth it? Maybe i just miss the days of the mallorca and ajax friendlies of years gone by… might get a few quid in the bank too with a decent crowd at ag!?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

Don’t bank with him

AGREED!!! Leeson[2] (born 25 February 1967) is an English former derivatives trader whose fraudulent, unauthorised and speculative trades resulted in the 1995 collapse of Barings Bank, the United Kingdom's oldest merchant bank. Leeson was convicted of financial crime in a Singapore court and served over four years in Changi Prison.

Between 2005 and 2011, Leeson had senior management roles at League of Ireland club Galway United. After it suffered financial difficulties, he resigned from his position as chief executive officer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes, its all good fun trouncing lower league sides, a friendly or 2 against stronger opposition could surely have been arranged? Preston have played ipswich and aberdeen which will have been a better run out and more competitive than what weve arranged. if that gives them a little extra 1% on day one then it would be worth it? Maybe i just miss the days of the mallorca and ajax friendlies of years gone by… might get a few quid in the bank too with a decent crowd at ag!?

At least Pompey might be more of a test for us.

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

AGREED!!! Leeson[2] (born 25 February 1967) is an English former derivatives trader whose fraudulent, unauthorised and speculative trades resulted in the 1995 collapse of Barings Bank, the United Kingdom's oldest merchant bank. Leeson was convicted of financial crime in a Singapore court and served over four years in Changi Prison.

Between 2005 and 2011, Leeson had senior management roles at League of Ireland club Galway United. After it suffered financial difficulties, he resigned from his position as chief executive officer..........

...........and changed his name to Mark Ashton! :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Who says that playing better opposition during friendlies improves teams during the season? No one has, if this was proven to be the case we would be doing that.

As for not playing at Ashton Gate..

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-pitch-for-ashton-gate/

These games are ultimately for fitness, working on link up play, developing relationships that's all. We don't need to play Ajax to do that.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I always quite used to enjoy one final friendly in front of the home fans. Need to pick the right one of course, Real Mallorca thumped us 6-2, Ajax 4-0 but they were showcase.

I look at some other clubs, and I see some nice friendlies not too high calibre. Wolves in 2009, Blackpool 2010 and Twente 2017 all good ones- Bournemouth 2018 too.