IGNORED

Robins TV abroad

andy114

Unfortunately I will miss the Preston match as I will be on holiday in Spain.

How easy is it to watch the match on Robins TV on my tablet? I am a Senior season ticket holder and Computer Illiterate.

It can't be that difficult can it? I would be grateful for an 'Idiot Sheet' just to point me in the right direction

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy114 said:

How easy is it to watch the match on Robins TV on my tablet? I am a Senior season ticket holder and Computer Illiterate.

It can't be that difficult can it? I would be grateful for an 'Idiot Sheet' just to point me in the right direction

Very easy, if you log in from Spain ( from your hotel WiFi for example) , log in to BCFC and as an overseas customer you can follow the prompts on RTV to buy the game for £10, some fans today had issues entering their card details on the new website but I'm sure this will be sorted by Saturday. I was ok as I have a live subscription.

If you're not abroad you will need to download and install a VPN # on your tablet and set your location to anywhere other than the UK otherwise RTV won't give you the option to purchase the live game and will only show the audio commentary to purchase.

# Windscibe will give you a free VPN with enough monthly data allowance to watch 3 or maybe 4 games per month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy114 said:

I will be in exactly the same situation andy114 (will be in Mallorca) thankfully it’s pretty straight forward to watch overseas on a tablet. Suggest you follow the steps CodeRed has provided.

14 hours ago, andy114 said:

Login and pay for it way in advance is my advice, you can do it as soon as you’re abroad or with a VPN if you’re still in England. This will save faffing about near to kick off.

If in doubt ask a young person to help. 

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Pricing for this season is out, no change by looks of it.

Early bird renewal for a season pass is £140 before Sept 1st.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/robins-tv-livestreaming-for-2023-24/

just be aware if you bought the package last year they will auto renew at £170 unless you cancel.

i have just cancelled mine and will go back in with an early bird offer at £140.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ask Hotel staff to login to Wi-Fi if you can’t.

Pre-buy a video match day pass for the game, in Spain, hours or days before the game to be prepared. It will be this link,  https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1 , if you click it now you’ll only see the Audio pass (as it detects you’re in the UK), but in Spain you’ll see the option to buy the video pass.

On the day, sign in, click Robins TV (this link  http://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk) click play.

In short, connect to the internet, click the first link, buy a pass, click the second link, press play.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Antman said:

just be aware if you bought the package last year they will auto renew at £170 unless you cancel.

i have just cancelled mine and will go back in with an early bird offer at £140.

Wouldn't the auto renew kick in Sept 1st? 

Thinking that you don't need to take the early bird until the end of August...might be wrong!

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Thinking that you don't need to take the early bird until the end of August...might be wrong!

depends on when you bought the original package (i think) - mine renewed today at 13.00 (!)

so i watched Pompey and cancelled this morning.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

and yes the early bird runs until end of aug.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Antman said:

depends on when you bought the original package (i think) - mine renewed today at 13.00 (!)

so i watched Pompey and cancelled this morning.

and yes the early bird runs until end of aug.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Make sure you renew before your current sub ends. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Pre-buy a video match day pass for the game, in Spain, hours or days before the game to be prepared. It will be this link,  https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1 , if you click it now you’ll only see the Audio pass (as it detects you’re in the UK), but in Spain you’ll see the option to buy the video pass.

On the day, sign in, click Robins TV (this link  http://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk) click play.

In short, connect to the internet, click the first link, buy a pass, click the second link, press play.

⬆️ Clearest most user friendly answer so far.

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

To add to this, if you don’t already, you can save your payment/card details now to be better prepared for when you purchase the pass. This link should work if you’re logged in: https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account/billing?&lang=en

In Sweden they will send more games on a channel cald Viaplay/Viasat. In the first round they will for example send 7 games.

But now im worried Robins TV isnt aloud to show the games if Viaplay/Viasat are sending, if it is so we will se much less games on Robins TV.

Does anybody know anything about this?

16 minutes ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

In Sweden they will send more games on a channel cald Viaplay/Viasat. In the first round they will for example send 7 games.

But now im worried Robins TV isnt aloud to show the games if Viaplay/Viasat are sending, if it is so we will se much less games on Robins TV.

I’m no expert but doesn’t it have to be the international broadcast game for Robinstv not to send it?  I could be talking crap though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’m no expert but doesn’t it have to be the international broadcast game for Robinstv not to send it?  I could be talking crap though.

Last season they sometimes listed the countries it was available in depending on the EFL broadcasting rights.

E.g Millwall away...

• Austria
  • Switzerland
  • Spain
  • Hungary
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Philippines
  • Romania
  • South Korea
  • Thailand

Plus Sub-Saharan Africa.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/millwall-game-available-in-selected-overseas-regions-on-robins-tv/

I guess Sweden probably falls under the wider European broadcasting rights so on those occasions when it's not available, a VPN set to one of the above countries for example would still give you a stream on RTV.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Last season they sometimes listed the countries it was available in depending on the EFL broadcasting rights.

E.g Millwall away...

• Austria
  • Switzerland
  • Spain
  • Hungary
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Philippines
  • Romania
  • South Korea
  • Thailand

Plus Sub-Saharan Africa.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/millwall-game-available-in-selected-overseas-regions-on-robins-tv/

I guess Sweden probably falls under the wider European broadcasting rights so on those occasions when it's not available, a VPN set to one of the above countries for example would still give you a stream on RTV.

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

It says in the article prices are frozen......

That'll be the same as the bleeding stream then !

I had next to no problems last season streaming away games from France*. Maybe in this case the issues were at your end/your 'airline'? (*Sorry, 'France'.)

Edited by Sleepy1968

Just a heads up, and a question for anyone with an auto-renewing RobinsTV annual sub.

My renewal price showed '£170 due on 31 July 2023', so I've just logged on and cancelled it. I will repurchase at the 'earlybird' price of £140 in a couple of days, when I'm sure I haven't been charged for a renewal (I shouldn't be, as it's no longer showing).

I did exactly the same last year (it was the same deal). It's a bit of a PITA cancelling and restarting, so I'm wondering if anyone else in a similar position (this year or last), and have just let the renewal run through, can tell me what they actually got charged?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Just a heads up, and a question for anyone with an auto-renewing RobinsTV annual sub.

My renewal price showed '£170 due on 31 July 2023', so I've just logged on and cancelled it. I will repurchase at the 'earlybird' price of £140 in a couple of days, when I'm sure I haven't been charged for a renewal (I shouldn't be, as it's no longer showing).

I did exactly the same last year (it was the same deal). It's a bit of a PITA cancelling and restarting, so I'm wondering if anyone else in a similar position (this year or last), and have just let the renewal run through, can tell me what they actually got charged?

Cheers.

I suppose if you take the early bird option before your renewal it will replace the renewal date with a date next year. 

Mine renews mid August. I think last years early bird was late August. So for myself I can continue to watch games in August but need to renew probably after the Hull game.

Worth noting my season pass from last year covered the pre season games as well.

I think a lot of this depends on when you originally signed up/renewed.

• Thanks 1