IGNORED

BRISTOL CITY PROGRAMME IS BACK!

Blagdon Mike

46 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

This sounds great, we’ll done all.

Will the club be supporting it at all? I’m not expecting a manager’s notes column but maybe the club could offer bits of news, events, behind the scenes stuff that you’d see in a normal programme. 

We have an agreement with the club that if they dont produce a programme we will produce one for the fans

Hopefully as we move forward the club will offer us access to players for interviews etc 

We will certainly try to move the programme in a forward direction but you will tell when purchasing a programme on Saturday we have set extremely high standards

1 minute ago, Fitzy Red said:

We have an agreement with the club that if they dont produce a programme we will produce one for the fans

Hopefully as we move forward the club will offer us access to players for interviews etc 

We will certainly try to move the programme in a forward direction but you will tell when purchasing a programme on Saturday we have set extremely high standards

Excellent, good luck and I hope it’s well supported 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBW said:

Good luck with it.

I do though feel this is a failing venture. An official programme was failing for £3.50 an issue and they likely had a better printing deal and internal advertisements than this so how will an unofficial £4 product be a success?

I have 40yrs experience in programmes / we have a top designer who has 40yrs experience / we have all the top authors who are committed to producing top quality articles and books who have over 50yrs experience ( well majority ) / we have all the material and resources required to make this successful

Its 32 pages of top quality reports / images / articles etc

It has been produced by fans of Bristol City. We know exactly what is required to make it a success.

Feedback will definitely be required 

Cover price is £4 / Subscription is £3-50

I'm 100% sure if you buy a printed programme on Saturday you will enjoy it and be pleasantly surprised 

Its locally printed and I sit next to the designer as the editor making sure no mistakes are made and everything is done correctly first time

Its costly to produce but its a non profit making organisation

All input is done voluntary

We are Bristol City fans doing this for Bristol City fans

It's up to the fans to make there own mind up if they want to buy it 

Remember £4 is less than a pint of cider

Come On You Cidereds !!!!! 

Please support this venture its a football tradition that nobody wants to lose

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

Hi Sir Geoff

I suggest you buy a copy and make your own mind up on that one

We have worked tirelessly on this project for 4 years now at great expense 

We hope our work has not been in vain and I'm 100% sure everybody who follows Bristol City will love this Football Programme

It's factual and covers both the opposition and Bristol City in full detail 

It has no jokes or comical anecdotes but its modern / digital quality / readable / interesting / press  photo's that have never been released - published of City Player's / its unique and its got the players names on the back cover for true supporters to relate to during the game. 

Don't worry, I will be buying it as I do most unoffical magazines that are sold around the ground. Thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

I have 40yrs experience in programmes / we have a top designer who has 40yrs experience / we have all the top authors who are committed to producing top quality articles and books who have over 50yrs experience ( well majority ) / we have all the material and resources required to make this successful

It has been produced by fans of Bristol City. We know exactly what is required to make it a success.

I'm 100% sure if you buy a printed programme on Saturday you will enjoy it and be pleasantly surprised 

Its locally printed and I sit next to the designer as the editor making sure no mistakes are made and everything is done correctly first time

Wish you luck, but you have omitted a couple of things.

Address for feedback.

Sales locations.

If anyone wanted to advertise, costs and contact details.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

Thanks for your efforts, I'll certainly be purchasing a copy at the PNE game.

Out of interest, why have you chosen to go down the no advertising route? I'm sure people wouldn't mind a few adverts, if it meant that the programme had more chance of succeeding long term.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wish you luck, but you have omitted a couple of things.

Address for feedback.

Sales locations.

If anyone wanted to advertise, costs and contact details.

Hi Bristol Rob

Thanks

Most of that info is posted with the Topic Heading by Blagdon MIke

Feedback info and breakdown of subscription costs will be in Saturdays programme

No problem with my email address or phone details 

email :- info@bristolcityprogrammes.com

mobile :- 07809906858

Cover price is £4 / Subscription reduced to £3-50

Programme Sellers on each corner of ground perimeter

Hoping to release some early issues in The Coopers and 3 Lions on Thursday or Friday night

We want to leave it as late as possible to go print just in case of any late news from our club

Advertising / costs / contacts can be done through the email address above

Thanks Again

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Thanks for your efforts, I'll certainly be purchasing a copy at the PNE game.

Out of interest, why have you chosen to go down the no advertising route? I'm sure people wouldn't mind a few adverts, if it meant that the programme had more chance of succeeding long term.

Hi Elhombrecito

Good question

Answer is simply that we wanted to hit the ground running and put all our efforts into producing the best possible programme about Bristol City as possible

You dont get a second chance to make a first impression

As soon as BCFC made the decision about their football programme we acted swiftly and efficiently putting all our plans into action

I was in Thailand but cut short my stay to come back to the UK to organise the project

We had already done the ground work but it was a big ask in such a short time

Thanks to all involved in producing Cidereds sincerely to make it a success

It's now up to the fans if they want to support this tradition and keep it going

Advertising will be welcome in the future to alleviate some of the huge costs involved but this will not detract from the quality of the programme

I hope you understand our motives and ambitions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

As soon as BCFC made the decision about their football programme we acted swiftly and efficiently putting all our plans into action

I was in Thailand but cut short my stay to come back to the UK to organise the project

NURSE????  The screens!!!!!!!!!

Good luck and best wishes - will give it a stiff perusal on Saturday

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

And that's why I think it will fail.

11 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Nobody? Most people don't buy a programme as is evident from the official product no longer existing.

Looks promising, I’ll buy one see what it’s like.

Certainly is better to produce something which has some collectible value, rather than a tatty leaflet which would likely be thrown in the bin or worse at the players! Probably better for the environment also to produce lower quantity of a quality product over high volume of a poor product.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember that Cardiff game where they gave out a free “programme”? It was utter crap, basically a leaflet. Plus we got absolutely pumped. No wonder so many ended up on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Looks promising, I’ll buy one see what it’s like.

Certainly is better to produce something which has some collectible value, rather than a tatty leaflet which would likely be thrown in the bin or worse at the players! Probably better for the environment also to produce lower quantity of a quality product over high volume of a poor product.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember that Cardiff game where they gave out a free “programme”? It was utter crap, basically a leaflet. Plus we got absolutely pumped. No wonder so many ended up on the pitch. 

Yep I remember that, the touch line in front of the Dolman was littered with them before the end of the game.

35 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Yes, but I'm sure it was a normal sized one but with an over cover by the match sponsor who were covering the costs of the programme. I think hundreds of programmes ended up on the pitch due to the 0-6 mauling (and bveing free). As did someone's boot (I've mentioned that before). Good times.

Edited by Sleepy1968

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes, but I'm sure it was a normal sized one but with an over cover by the match sponsor who were covering the costs of the programme. I think hundreds of programmes ended up on the pitch due to the 0-6 mauling (and bveing free). As did someone's boot (I've mentioned that before). Good times.

I am fairly sure it was a poor/tatty quality programme due to us playing Cardiff twice in quick succession. Seem to have visions of many being turned into paper airplanes. Can’t have been a full 30-odd page one to my mind. 

Going back to my original point, best for those volunteers who are making this fan-led programme to avoid producing something akin to that as you can guarantee it’ll be chucked. At least if it’s something produced to a quality standard (and in limited numbers) people might think twice about lobbing it or littering with them.

Totally agree with Ffisherrich ... Reading the programme and Fanzine both before and after the match is part of my Football weekend.

Well done to Mike, Darren and the rest of their team for restoring this essential part of the football experience.

TBW has some valid points though, some people don't like to look back at the old things ... but most of us British love nostalgia. 

Look at the numbers of people who visit our castles, national trust properties, steam railways, museums etc. 

Technology, does move on but there is a place for the things we used to do and love.

We could all sit at home and just watch Football on TV and the RED button!! but nothing beats going to the match, having a pie and a pint, getting your shirt, programme and Fanzine, singing the songs, cheering, booing, celebrating and commiserating.

Its what makes football FOOTBALL - we love it win loose or draw, Promotion, mid table obscurity or relegation.

Long may the soccer tribe continue despite the boring suits who would ruin OUR game.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Looks good. Coventry away 1977, by the looks of it.

What time are you selling from? 

Correct on Coventry Away 1977 last game of season 2v2 draw relegation battle but we both stayed with a draw

On sale from 11AM hopefully as close to Statue as allowed then from Midday in other 3 corners of ground

Come On You Cidereds !!!!

• Thanks 1