IGNORED

McCrorie

Bristol_South_End

10 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

I went to the doctor and said: “What can I take for kleptomania?”

I went to the doctor and said “It hurts when I press here, here, and here. What's the problem?"

He said  "Your finger's broken."

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Genuinely don’t know the reason or the injury - but heard today he is out for the season 

If that is what transpires, it really is shocking bad luck, for us and mainly of course for him. Whatever it it’s, obviously first and foremost you have to hope he makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

If the rumour is true that he is out for the season, & that’s a big if as it isn’t confirmed yet, you would have to think there is something pretty serious going on with this infection, particularly around the quietness regarding it at the club. Hopefully he gets well soon & we can look forward to seeing him on the pitch.

20 hours ago, maxjak said:

'

WOW..............the sensitive nature of his illness.....must be really extreme?

If it was directly a football related issue then I'm sure it would be reported to the fans/press per every other injury.

But for anything else, i.e. illness, I guess standard employee/employer confidentiality applies, and Ross doesn't want everyone and his mother knowing what the problem is.

I suppose all that City can do is to report how long they expect him to be out for when they know, unless he gives them permission to disclose further details.

• Like 2

This is highly unlikely to be a straight forward infection .

Post viral fatigue/long Covid/mental health issue.

I guess if they don’t feel it appropriate to tell us  and it may well not be ,then speculation will continue .

As for the medicals at this level ,they rarely have enough time to cover everything thouroughly.In the premier league they often have a full day with scans as normal part of procedure .

1 hour ago, Redtrojan said:

Post viral fatigue/long Covid/mental health issue.

Pearson has already said that surgery may be required. 

So this speculation isn't even logical. 

The matter was referred to initially, more than once, as "delicate" and Pearson said this week  in no uncertain terms, that it's a private matter and not for public discussion.

So you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to get a reasonable idea what the problem might involve. 

Not that we'll ever know - and why should we? We've been told politely it's none of our business. 

The fact we quickly signed someone on loan - on loan! - who can cover that position should also tell you we won't be seeing McCrorie any time soon.

Let's all move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agreed, but if he is out for a substantial period of time then the club may as well say that to fans and media, otherwise the question is going to come up time and again. 

What question is there to ask again and again? The question’s been asked and answered - he has a bacterial infection, it’s a private medical situation, and the club doesn’t know how long he will be out. So he’s not available until we hear different. 

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

What question is there to ask again and again? The question’s been asked and answered - he has a bacterial infection, it’s a private medical situation, and the club doesn’t know how long he will be out. So he’s not available until we hear different. 

IF, as has been suggested, the club knows he's out for the season, they should say so. IF that isn't the case and they do not know how long he will take to recover, they could also say that.

No one's asking to see his medical notes. 

• Like 1