IGNORED

McCrorie

Bristol_South_End

48 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I could’ve sworn it was mentioned that he has a bone infection?

If that’s the case then, depending on the severity, surgery is sometimes required to remove dead tissue from the area. 

Indeed. I had a bacterial infection from one of my wisdom teeth spread to my jawbone.

I wasn't aware of anything until it started hurting by which time the infection had already spread. 

Fortunately,  the bone damage was minimal and it was dealt with by ultra-strong antibiotics. I was told max-fax (orthodontical)  surgery is sometimes required in cases like mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

From the way Pearson first described it, it seemed like a pretty personal, potentially embarrassing, one hence the “please don’t press me any further

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I could’ve sworn it was mentioned that he has a bone infection?

Sounds like the worst thing a man could have...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Considering we’ve signed this chap from WBA on loan for the season says to me we may not see McCrorie for a very long time 

Really hope the lad is ok - and appreciate this may sound insensitive but **** me, we have some terrible luck with injuries 

I think this is a cheap precaution to McCrorie being out slightly longer than we thought (not necessarily months and months), as well as missing out on the lad from Bolton 

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think this is a cheap precaution to McCrorie being out slightly longer than we thought (not necessarily months and months), as well as missing out on the lad from Bolton 

I agree let's not jump to conclusions he's out for a long time just yet because we've signed TGH . We're low on numbers in midfield too so makes sense on both fronts.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, One Team said:

OP missed the opportunity to title the thread ‘What’s the story Ross McCrorie?’!

Copyright @me on this forum*

(With the pathetic caveat that Scottish fans had used it about 5 years earlier, but I didn't know that so my claim stands)

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Wouldn't you like to know? 

Not that one ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, hernia op leaves a big scar and therefore the underlying wound could’ve got infected if it didn’t quite heal.  Sod antibiotics, get some Irn Bru on it lad!

Beg to differ. I had an umbilical hernia from working in landscape gardening in Porto and it took me some time after the op to be able to even discern the entry marks. Mind you my ex comes from a very well to do family and the surgeon was a distant cousin who slotted me in free of charge between patients in one of the best private hospitals in the country so UK NHS patients may not achieve a similar outcome I suppose 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Beg to differ. I had an umbilical hernia from working in landscape gardening in Porto and it took me some time after the op to be able to even discern the entry marks. Mind you my ex comes from a very well to do family and the surgeon was a distant cousin who slotted me in free of charge between patients in one of the best private hospitals in the country so UK NHS patients may not achieve a similar outcome I suppose 

Yeah, sorry, explained the different hernia ops in a later post.

(I was private too)

Edited by Davefevs

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

From the way Pearson first described it, it seemed like a pretty personal, potentially embarrassing, one hence the “please don’t press me any further on it” confirmation.  

Easiest assumption is something has gone wrong with his hernia op/recovery but who knows. Doesn’t seem like something the club will be too forthcoming with, understandably

Reckon he’s been down Old Market.

On 22/08/2023 at 18:55, Frenchay Red said:

One for @Dr Balls to educate us?

Without more detail it’s impossible to be too specific. However in simple terms, the surgical options for bacterial infections are either “incision and drainage [of pus]” for abscesses and collections, or an excision of infected tissue, be that skin, muscle, bone or something else. Neither are good, as you would normally hope that antibiotics alone should treat most bacterial infections.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Without more detail it’s impossible to be too specific. However in simple terms, the surgical options for bacterial infections are either “incision and drainage [of pus]” for abscesses and collections, or an excision of infected tissue, be that skin, muscle, bone or something else. Neither are good, as you would normally hope that antibiotics alone should treat most bacterial infections.

Yes agreed, I've got a bit of medical knowledge (former FIBMS) but bacterial infections are not good in general and requiring surgery, even less so.  So potentially a bit worrying but hopefully surgery is/has been successful and being young and hyperfit is always on your side.

I need a Hernia op which I've been putting off for too long and this is not encouraging me to go for it. Gulp!

On 22/08/2023 at 21:56, Davefevs said:

Yeah, sorry, explained the different hernia ops in a later post.

(I was private too)

7 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I need a Hernia op which I've been putting off for too long and this is not encouraging me to go for it. Gulp!

Dave will explain all re his (bed) spreadsheets later. 

7 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I went to the Doctor a couple of years ago, I thought I had a hernia. The Doctor agreed and said, yeah we don't do those any more, unless it gets serious :blink:

Hope yours goes ok.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I went to the Doctor a couple of years ago, I thought I had a hernia. The Doctor agreed and said, yeah we don't do those any more, unless it gets serious :blink:

Hope yours goes ok.

I went to the Doctor and said it hurts in three places so he advised me not to go there again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I went to the Doctor and said it hurts in three places so he advised me not to go there again.

After I broke my leg my doctor said that I would make a full recovery in time. I asked if I would be able to play football, his answer was "oh I don't know, could you play before?" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

After I broke my leg my doctor said that I would make a full recovery in time. I asked if I would be able to play football, his answer was "oh I don't know, could you play before?" ?

I went to the doctors with a jelly stuck in one ear and custard in the other. The doctor asked,
'what seems to be the problem?' I said 'you have to speak up, I'm a trifle deaf.'

35 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I went to the doctor and said “I’ve got a nasty lump on the end of my cock”, doctor said “that’s your body Dave” ???

• Haha 2