Jump to content
IGNORED

McCrorie


Bristol_South_End

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one who is puzzled by his situation? And the lack of debate about it? What is this mystery bacterial infection, how did he get it, why does it possibly need surgery?  Perhaps he has dropped off the radar because we haven’t actually seen him play.

This illness seems potentially serious/lengthy yet isn’t really discussed. Or have I missed something?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Am I the only one who is puzzled by his situation? And the lack of debate about it? What is this mystery bacterial infection, how did he get it, why does it possibly need surgery?  Perhaps he has dropped off the radar because we haven’t actually seen him play.

This illness seems potentially serious/lengthy yet isn’t really discussed. Or have I missed something?

I have no idea but it was reported he had a hernia operation just prior to joining us. I reckon this is where the infection may of come from.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

I have no idea but it was reported he had a hernia operation just prior to joining us. I reckon this is where the infection may of come from.

Maybe he was never going to be ready for the start of the season and we bought an injured but recovering player in similar fashion to how Bournemouth bought Scott.

Back 1967 Alan Dicks signed John Galley when his ankle was in plaster! First game some weeks after signing saw him grab a hat trick in a 3-0 win at Huddersfield 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On more than one occasion (Pearson at least once) the injury/infection has been described as "delicate".... 

And given it seems no-one from the club wants to talk about it in any detail.... 

The mind boggles. 

If surgery is being considered, for an infection that antibiotics hasn't cleared up, things must be quite serious and I get the horrible feeling we won't be seeing him for a good while yet.

Which would be fine, if Tanner was seizing the chance to make the position his own.... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Maybe he was never going to be ready for the start of the season and we bought an injured but recovering player in similar fashion to how Bournemouth bought Scott.

Back 1967 Alan Dicks signed John Galley when his ankle was in plaster! First game some weeks after signing saw him grab a hat trick in a 3-0 win at Huddersfield 

He played in preseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I have no idea but it was reported he had a hernia operation just prior to joining us. I reckon this is where the infection may of come from.

Sounds likely -

An infected operation site that has to be tidied up, cleaned, iv antibiotics & numerous visits to the wound clinic.

?that all is well & we get to see him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Maybe he was never going to be ready for the start of the season and we bought an injured but recovering player in similar fashion to how Bournemouth bought Scott.

Back 1967 Alan Dicks signed John Galley when his ankle was in plaster! First game some weeks after signing saw him grab a hat trick in a 3-0 win at Huddersfield 

Actually ,he was signed in Dec (with foot in plaster ) was due to play that week (home to Villa ) snowed off so he played next Saturday away to Hudders. Got his hat trick then put his"boot" on again, it was just a protection thing .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Sounds likely -

An infected operation site that has to be tidied up, cleaned, iv antibiotics & numerous visits to the wound clinic.

?that all is well & we get to see him!

Yep, hernia op leaves a big scar and therefore the underlying wound could’ve got infected if it didn’t quite heal.  Sod antibiotics, get some Irn Bru on it lad!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Am I the only one who is puzzled by his situation? And the lack of debate about it? What is this mystery bacterial infection, how did he get it, why does it possibly need surgery?  Perhaps he has dropped off the radar because we haven’t actually seen him play.

This illness seems potentially serious/lengthy yet isn’t really discussed. Or have I missed something?

I think your last sentence mentioning serious is why it’s not been discussed and news has been limited. 
 

It sounds VERY serious and that’s anyone needs to know. Good luck to the bloke!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When bacterial infection was mentioned, my first thought was possibly a staph infection or glandular fever. Staph infections sometimes need the wound drained so technically surgery but I’ve never heard of glandular fever needing surgery. 
Hopefully it’s a case of weeks not months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think your last sentence mentioning serious is why it’s not been discussed and news has been limited. 
 

It sounds VERY serious and that’s anyone needs to know. Good luck to the bloke!

I hope it's not but doesn't sound positive at all just hope now it's managed and they get on top of it pretty quick. ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Aren't they done by key hole surgery these days?

Depends on hernia.  Sporting hernia (Gilmore’s Groin) different to normal hernia.  No idea what McCrorie’s was though.  Gilmore’s requires a cut rather than keyhole.

Edited by Davefevs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the way Pearson first described it, it seemed like a pretty personal, potentially embarrassing, one hence the “please don’t press me any further on it” confirmation.  
 

Easiest assumption is something has gone wrong with his hernia op/recovery but who knows. Doesn’t seem like something the club will be too forthcoming with, understandably

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...