IGNORED

McCrorie

Bristol_South_End

On 31/07/2023 at 11:46, GrahamC said:

He’s missed the last couple of friendlies, so yes.

No further information yet but NP is bound to be asked about him as the week goes on.

NP said bacterial infection - TBC how long he’ll be absent though. 

Am I the only one who is puzzled by his situation? And the lack of debate about it? What is this mystery bacterial infection, how did he get it, why does it possibly need surgery?  Perhaps he has dropped off the radar because we haven’t actually seen him play.

This illness seems potentially serious/lengthy yet isn’t really discussed. Or have I missed something?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Am I the only one who is puzzled by his situation? And the lack of debate about it? What is this mystery bacterial infection, how did he get it, why does it possibly need surgery?  Perhaps he has dropped off the radar because we haven’t actually seen him play.

This illness seems potentially serious/lengthy yet isn’t really discussed. Or have I missed something?

I have no idea but it was reported he had a hernia operation just prior to joining us. I reckon this is where the infection may of come from.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

I have no idea but it was reported he had a hernia operation just prior to joining us. I reckon this is where the infection may of come from.

Maybe he was never going to be ready for the start of the season and we bought an injured but recovering player in similar fashion to how Bournemouth bought Scott.

Back 1967 Alan Dicks signed John Galley when his ankle was in plaster! First game some weeks after signing saw him grab a hat trick in a 3-0 win at Huddersfield 

• Like 2

On more than one occasion (Pearson at least once) the injury/infection has been described as "delicate".... 

And given it seems no-one from the club wants to talk about it in any detail.... 

The mind boggles. 

If surgery is being considered, for an infection that antibiotics hasn't cleared up, things must be quite serious and I get the horrible feeling we won't be seeing him for a good while yet.

Which would be fine, if Tanner was seizing the chance to make the position his own.... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Maybe he was never going to be ready for the start of the season and we bought an injured but recovering player in similar fashion to how Bournemouth bought Scott.

Back 1967 Alan Dicks signed John Galley when his ankle was in plaster! First game some weeks after signing saw him grab a hat trick in a 3-0 win at Huddersfield 

He played in preseason.

28 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Sounds likely -

An infected operation site that has to be tidied up, cleaned, iv antibiotics & numerous visits to the wound clinic.

?that all is well & we get to see him!

37 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Actually ,he was signed in Dec (with foot in plaster ) was due to play that week (home to Villa ) snowed off so he played next Saturday away to Hudders. Got his hat trick then put his"boot" on again, it was just a protection thing .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Sounds likely -

An infected operation site that has to be tidied up, cleaned, iv antibiotics & numerous visits to the wound clinic.

?that all is well & we get to see him!

Yep, hernia op leaves a big scar and therefore the underlying wound could’ve got infected if it didn’t quite heal.  Sod antibiotics, get some Irn Bru on it lad!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I think your last sentence mentioning serious is why it’s not been discussed and news has been limited. 

It sounds VERY serious and that’s anyone needs to know. Good luck to the bloke!

When bacterial infection was mentioned, my first thought was possibly a staph infection or glandular fever. Staph infections sometimes need the wound drained so technically surgery but I’ve never heard of glandular fever needing surgery. 
Hopefully it’s a case of weeks not months. 

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think your last sentence mentioning serious is why it’s not been discussed and news has been limited. 

It sounds VERY serious and that’s anyone needs to know. Good luck to the bloke!

I hope it's not but doesn't sound positive at all just hope now it's managed and they get on top of it pretty quick. ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Aren't they done by key hole surgery these days?

Depends on hernia.  Sporting hernia (Gilmore’s Groin) different to normal hernia.  No idea what McCrorie’s was though.  Gilmore’s requires a cut rather than keyhole.

Edited by Davefevs

From the way Pearson first described it, it seemed like a pretty personal, potentially embarrassing, one hence the “please don’t press me any further on it” confirmation.  

Easiest assumption is something has gone wrong with his hernia op/recovery but who knows. Doesn’t seem like something the club will be too forthcoming with, understandably

• Like 1