IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Could simply be Wells looking sharp.

Had this conversation yesterday. With both of them performing well in pre season I have no issue with either of them started because that’s a great replacement to bring on after 60mins. I would have leant more towards Conway starting though. 

• Like 2

Stuck in a tent on North Devon coast for this one. Antoni has been battering us since around midnight. Internet service patchy so no stream possible today. I will stick to refreshing this mdt every few minutes, so keep it entertaining!

Team looks strong, including bench. Like others I'd have gone with sykes over cornick. However cornick was very good last weekend at pompey imo

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

By that logic, Naismith and the fella from Aberdeen is off as well. Perhaps the player who has pretty much featured in every pre season match has picked up a knock in the last week, and Pearson is looking at the 46 match season rather than PNE at home……

And in equal measure maybe Pearson has been told by the club to say it's an injury because it's the day before the opening game and fans will still be buying shirts and be optimistic. With shirt sales probably being down from having them early last season, no away kit and the third going down poorly I highly doubt they'd be happy to announce our star player is leaving with so much footfall going through the store today, they're going to want to sell as many shirts as possible.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

By that logic, Naismith and the fella from Aberdeen is off as well. Perhaps the player who has pretty much featured in every pre season match has picked up a knock in the last week, and Pearson is looking at the 46 match season rather than PNE at home……

Guess we will see next week if he goes or not.   Your comparison doesn’t make sense. Neither of those players are heavily linked with a move away where an injury could hamper that move. Pretty clear the ‘knock’ is invented.  I don’t blame the club for doing it. Makes perfect sense 

A rather defensive setup for Preston and an inexperienced bench. Looking at ours, we have some real quality and dynamism to come on as the game progresses. 

First game in front of a packed out Ashton Gate - I have a real positive feeling about today and the whole season. 

Another season begins! Best wishes and good luck to the club's players, staff and fans! COYR

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

And in equal measure maybe Pearson has been told by the club to say it's an injury because it's the day before the opening game and fans will still be buying shirts and be optimistic. With shirt sales probably being down from having them early last season, no away kit and the third going down poorly I highly doubt they'd be happy to announce our star player is leaving with so much footfall going through the store today, they're going to want to sell as many shirts as possible.

So…

You’re saying our manager has been told to say Scott’s injured because if he’s being sold, all of a sudden some fans won’t buy shirts, and the difference between (say) 250 shirts not being sold, netting the club (say) £5000 after costs is sufficient for Nige to play ball, noting that people will buy the shirts anyway eventually in most cases so the true loss will be negligible.

Yep, that holds all kinds of logic.

• Like 1