IGNORED

Life Without Alex Scott

I think today showed quite clearly how it will be harder for us without Alex Scott.  His bravery on the ball was hugely missed directly and indirectly as his courage rubs off on others as well.  His defensive side of the game is arguably as strong as his offensive side and I think with him in that side today we don’t get dominated quite so much in the periods where Preston had joy. 

Scott is one player who rarely kicks it anywhere and gives the ball straight back to the opposition, which we did all too often today. 

Yes it’s one game but one game can be enough sometimes to show what needs to be improved. Can we play better than that without him?  Yes we can. But life will be a lot easier if we manage to hold onto him, 

When Brownhill left us, a lot of fans didn’t realise how much he was going to be missed.  I don’t think there is anyone who will feel the same when Scott goes. 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think today showed quite clearly how it will be harder for us with Alex Scott.  His bravery on the ball was hugely missed directly and indirectly as his courage rubs off on others as well.  His defensive side of the game is arguably as strong as his offensive side and I think with him in that side today we don’t get dominated quite so much in the periods where Preston had joy. 

Scott is one player who rarely kicks it anywhere and gives the ball straight back to the opposition, which we did all too often today. 

Yes it’s one game but one game can be enough sometimes to show what needs to be improved. Can we play better than that without him?  Yes we can. But life will be a lot easier if we manage to hold onto him, 

When Brownhill left us, a lot of fans didn’t realise how much he was going to be missed.  I don’t think there is anyone who will feel the same when Scott goes. 

Sorry mate I think you meant without Alex Scott. But otherwise agree that without him we have no one in midfield willing to take the ball from the defence and drive it forward.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I think today showed quite clearly how it will be harder for us without Alex Scott.  His bravery on the ball was hugely missed directly and indirectly as his courage rubs off on others as well.  His defensive side of the game is arguably as strong as his offensive side and I think with him in that side today we don’t get dominated quite so much in the periods where Preston had joy. 

If we continue to play cornick I feel you are right,our midfield are good enough to play but with him we continue to look for long balls which was more than evident than ever today,he simply isn’t good enough 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Against those sort of teams we do need someone like him yes. More to the point Kal Naismith is missed more than Scott today imo, someone who can break lines with passes at centre back or in midfield. Hopefully with him back in training he’s back soon, and hopefully it’s in midfield 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Against those sort of teams we do need someone like him yes. More to the point Kal Naismith is missed more than Scott today imo, someone who can break lines with passes at centre back or in midfield. Hopefully with him back in training he’s back soon, and hopefully it’s in midfield 

What is expectation for a fit Naismith?

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s a defensive midfielder in my eyes and could be a fine one but age and injuries are against him

But is that not McCrories best position too. When ever he is fit. So we pick of two capable DM's, which I think we need to play in front of the defence, although defence covered them selves quite well today other than Pring. So this injury problem surely not allowing NP to pick the best side for a bit. Bloody injuries. Again 

COYR

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Wonder who else has been thinking this?

It is only one game, but if that was an advert for “ non Scott” football, it’s going to be a tedious, dare I say , mediocre, season.

If our club have any true ambition, keep him one more year before considering selling.

COYRs⚽⚽⚽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Starting line-up a joke! sykes and conway should have started.Can anyone tell me why we boughr cornick?,although his long throw led to a goal.We need to give mehmeti more of a chance,we are nothing but hype,hype,hype,and already cursed by injuries and bad referees which is not our fault of course.Sorry Nigel after all those pre-season so called friendlies your starting line-up was the conclusion you came to!?.Conway looks bigger,fitter and faster,and more hungry than last year,and sykes is far more effective than cornick and also has an eye for goal. .I'm not wild about Harry.Must do better Nigel 3 out of 10. 

Edited by johnbytheriver
omitted a letter
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Starting line-up a joke! sykes and conway should have started.Can anyone tell me why we boughr cornick?,although his long throw led to a goal.We need to give mehmeti more of a chance,we are nothing but hype,hype,hype,and already cursed by injuries and bad referees which is not our fault of course.Sorry Nigel after all those pre-season so called friendlies your starting line-up was the conclusion you came to!?.Conway looks bigger,fitter and faster,and more hungry than last year,and sykes is far more effective than cornick and also has an eye for goal. .I'm not wild about Harry.Must do better Nigel 3 out of 10. 

I think we've got to give all the 2023 signings more time to impress, but Cornick definitely hasn't had an immediate impact.

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But is that not McCrories best position too. When ever he is fit. So we pick of two capable DM's, which I think we need to play in front of the defence, although defence covered them selves quite well today other than Pring. So this injury problem surely not allowing NP to pick the best side for a bit. Bloody injuries. Again 

COYR

McCrorie bought in as a right back, seems like with the way we’re looking at getting Kalas back we think we’re a centre back short so I think Naismith would be used in midfield 

38 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

I was surprised that Conway didn’t start but have to say that personally thought Wells was decent yesterday. As for Cornick, I so want him to succeed but he’s showing very little at this stage and Sykes for me every time. 

• Like 1