IGNORED

Downsey, another MOM performance

StGeorge

Whilst I am not a Downsey fan - I really think he has an impossible job sitting in a booth in the corner of the Lansdown and South Stand - it's impossible for him to see the subs (albeit he was really slow at announcing the subs last night and either needs to have an eye test or get some binoculars to see the board.

Is this "booth"  a contributory factor to the PA system seeming muffled all the time -as it was impossible to understand the names of any of the players her was announcing. 

The whole Sound System seems to have had the "Bass" button turned up which means everything is "thumping" with bass when any sound comes out.

To top it all - when announcing the teams at the beginning of the game - he was saying the players names with loud music being played in the background - although it wasn't the background it seemed like the same volume - neither could be heard properly = that must have been down to Downsey for not fading the music down whilst he read out the team names.

This is again an absolute SHAMBLES by the media team - sort it out!!!!

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

he either hasn’t got my sense of humour or has history for putting down people just having a little banter I guess

Not at all, I just didn't think there was anything wrong with what you said. I wondered why you started going on about the woke police is all

I suppose in fairness to him, if whoever is supposed to be putting the relevant information on the big screens got their act together,he could read what was happening along with the rest of us.He seems to be the fall guy in what is a pretty shambolic way of running that side of things. 

Edited by Slacker

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I suppose in fairness to him, if whoever is supposed to be putting the relevant information on the big screens got their act together,he could read what was happening along with the rest of us.He seems to be the fall guy in what is a pretty shambolic way of running that side of things. 

When you are "the face" of an operation you take the flak, but lets be honest 99% of the issues brought up about him previously are solely down to his ineptitude

Whether someone else should take the flak for putting him into that position that can be argue

I am not sure how many saw the footage of City women's player Abi Harrison interviewing and reporting from the game last night but she was a 100 times better with the mic and she is a professional athlete ! She had enthusiasm, humour and understood what she was talking about, three massive holes in the current person

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

When you are "the face" of an operation you take the flak, but lets be honest 99% of the issues brought up about him previously are solely down to his ineptitude

Whether someone else should take the flak for putting him into that position that can be argue

I am not sure how many saw the footage of City women's player Abi Harrison interviewing and reporting from the game last night but she was a 100 times better with the mic and she is a professional athlete ! She had enthusiasm, humour and understood what she was talking about, three massive holes in the current person

I am not particularly a fan of his, but to be honest he doesn't particularly bother me either way.He is another glorious example of modern football. He does what he is employed to do.It is not to my taste.However I think he is a not great cog in a not great bigger machine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, redkev said:

Woke police to intervene soon 

5 hours ago, redkev said:

Anything that references sexuality nowadays is highly controversial, not by me may I add but others on here ,

lit was said tongue in cheek - opps there we go again 

You’re the only one commenting on it 

• Like 3

There appeared to be a prolonged announcement during the second half and didn’t have a clue what he was saying (Dolman Stand).

Any ideas what it was about, car with lights on, traffic lights stuck on red in Ashton Road, birth expected get to BMH…….. or was it subs being announced 10 minutes after it had happened?

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

There appeared to be a prolonged announcement during the second half and didn’t have a clue what he was saying (Dolman Stand).

Any ideas what it was about, car with lights on, traffic lights stuck on red in Ashton Road, birth expected get to BMH…….. or was it subs being announced 10 minutes after it had happened?

Apparently you won the lottery but had 30 minutes to claim it :fear:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Whilst I am not a Downsey fan - I really think he has an impossible job sitting in a booth in the corner of the Lansdown and South Stand - it's impossible for him to see the subs (albeit he was really slow at announcing the subs last night and either needs to have an eye test or get some binoculars to see the board.

Is this "booth"  a contributory factor to the PA system seeming muffled all the time -as it was impossible to understand the names of any of the players her was announcing. 

The whole Sound System seems to have had the "Bass" button turned up which means everything is "thumping" with bass when any sound comes out.

To top it all - when announcing the teams at the beginning of the game - he was saying the players names with loud music being played in the background - although it wasn't the background it seemed like the same volume - neither could be heard properly = that must have been down to Downsey for not fading the music down whilst he read out the team names.

This is again an absolute SHAMBLES by the media team - sort it out!!!!

This would be absolutely nothing to do with the media team ?

Also find it really frustrating when he kind of mumbles the opposition substitutions because they are the other team. I would rather know who was going off and coming on regardless of team. Of course you don't have to state it in an upbeat voice, but speak clearly so we actually know who we are playing against.

• Like 4