IGNORED

Kane to Bayern

Super

One financial note.

Martin Samuel in a piece earlier this summer seemed to imply that Bayern couldn't afford Kane.

That's clearly nonsense given their years of profits, debt free cash reserves etc. Not his finest bit of journalism..possible of course that Bayern are ordinarily reluctant to stretch to such fees given how they budget, their objective to make a profit each year but to say they couldn't afford is very reductionist.

They were probably as any club would seeking to carve the best deal for themselves but can't afford? Well..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
3 hours ago, frenchred said:

He won't go, he's in his comfort zone at spurs

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

I don’t think he will go, i think he will see his contract out and stay in the PL and break the PL goal scoring record and end up at Man U on silly money. 

SSN just reported that initial reaction is that he is going to turn down the move and stay

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

SSN just reported that initial reaction is that he is going to turn down the move and stay

Can imagine Bayern being well and truly pissed off if that happens! Well and Spurs!

Edited by Super

14 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Laughable if that happens IMO and will show what Kane truly is, a serial bottler..

Why? Maybe he doesn’t want to uproot his young family to Germany….

If i was Kane, im seeing that contract out and getting ridiculous amounts to play for a PL club next season with a chance to break the PL record. IMO this is down to Levy trying to force a move to a non PL club and Kane is well within his rights to say no. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rob k said:

If i was Kane, im seeing that contract out and getting ridiculous amounts to play for a PL club next season with a chance to break the PL record. IMO this is down to Levy trying to force a move to a non PL club and Kane is well within his rights to say no. 

Then why not say that about a month ago!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Exactly this. Being driven by Levy who is terrified of losing him for nothing.

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Then why not say that about a month ago!

You must have seen enough football transfers to see how this works….he probably has said to Levy he isn’t going to Germany, down to him what he does with that info, they can still accept a bid and try to force the move 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

You must have seen enough football transfers to see how this works….he probably has said to Levy he isn’t going to Germany, down to him what he does with that info, they can still accept a bid and try to force the move 

Then why not tell Bayern. Instead of wasting everyone's time.

Bizarre from Kane, does appear that he likes to be the big fish in a small pond if he rejects this. People saying he is going to see out his contract & move to a prem team next season - but who? United have just spent £70 odd million on a young striker who will be their future, Man City have Haaland & he won't end up at Arsenal, so that leaves the unlikely destinations of Liverpool & Chelsea. Very strange. Can't help but feel it would be for the benefit of the England national team if he was at an elite club instead of Spurs.

27 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Bang on Rob. I hope he stays and goes on a free. That’s Levy’s problem. 

I hope he stays in the prem and breaks the PL record. Would seem daft to leave now. Bayern/German football is not what it was I’m not sure it would be a good move. Not sure how anyone can blame him, or claim him to be a bottler mind….

• Like 3