IGNORED

Kane to Bayern

Super

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:

Bang on Rob. I hope he stays and goes on a free. That’s Levy’s problem. 

I hope he stays in the prem and breaks the PL record. Would seem daft to leave now. Bayern/German football is not what it was I’m not sure it would be a good move. Not sure how anyone can blame him, or claim him to be a bottler mind….

Bayern really just lack a top striker in prime age range- other clubs in German football it's hard to say- Borussia Dortmund really pushed it hard, RB Leipzig well changes in and out could improve, could regress. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Bizarre from Kane, does appear that he likes to be the big fish in a small pond if he rejects this. People saying he is going to see out his contract & move to a prem team next season - but who? United have just spent £70 odd million on a young striker who will be their future, Man City have Haaland & he won't end up at Arsenal, so that leaves the unlikely destinations of Liverpool & Chelsea. Very strange. Can't help but feel it would be for the benefit of the England national team if he was at an elite club instead of Spurs.

Who's the manager of Chelsea these days?

10 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Bizarre from Kane, does appear that he likes to be the big fish in a small pond if he rejects this. People saying he is going to see out his contract & move to a prem team next season - but who? United have just spent £70 odd million on a young striker who will be their future, Man City have Haaland & he won't end up at Arsenal, so that leaves the unlikely destinations of Liverpool & Chelsea. Very strange. Can't help but feel it would be for the benefit of the England national team if he was at an elite club instead of Spurs.

Indeed. It’s sad how many of us English cannot see the lack of ambition in this from Kane but there you go, all about breaking the Prem goal scoring record isn’t it ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. It’s sad how many of us English cannot see the lack of ambition in this from Kane but there you go, all about breaking the Prem goal scoring record isn’t it ?

The English pundits (particularly Carragher & Neville) along with the media have been praying that he would turn down Munich, such a strange mentality. Shame he doesn't appear to have the hunger of Bellingham. Record goal scorer is nothing to be sniffed at, but that will get broken eventually anyway & even if he goes to Germany for 3 or 4 years he could still come back & get the record. Can't understand how it's even something he needs to consider........& why he couldn't of just been straight & honest with Bayern back in June.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Unsure how far off it he is but he could easily in theory go away for a 3 year stint at Bayern, win a few trophies and maybe the CL and return to break it in the final years of his career maybe.

Or maybe he breaks it this season then joins Bayern on a free in 2024-25.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Shearer, when asked a while ago which he valued more prem title or goalscoring record, said he was a goalscorer and that was his job so the latter. I think Keane will think the same. I'm not sure I'd value a probable Bundesliga over that myself.

He'll still be more than able to play at the top, top level in a year too. So stick with Spurs for another year then go somewhere to get trophies in the Prem next year. I don't Whilst I agree they don't need him, I doubt Man City wouldn't want him on a free if the wages were right. I think at the level he's at he could go to almost any club even in a years time. 

As a side note, I think he conducts himself very professionally, but I would imagine there would be a certain level of satisfaction for him in effectively reversing the 'gentlemen's agreement' controversy that potentially cost him a move to Man City. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

The English pundits (particularly Carragher & Neville) along with the media have been praying that he would turn down Munich, such a strange mentality. Shame he doesn't appear to have the hunger of Bellingham. Record goal scorer is nothing to be sniffed at, but that will get broken eventually anyway & even if he goes to Germany for 3 or 4 years he could still come back & get the record. Can't understand how it's even something he needs to consider........& why he couldn't of just been straight & honest with Bayern back in June.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure how far off it he is but he could easily in theory go away for a 3 year stint at Bayern, win a few trophies and maybe the CL and return to break it in the final years of his career maybe.

Or wait one year and get a free transfer to pretty much anywhere he wants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not sure if Bayern will be that forgiving considering they have spent all summer chasing him! If that was his plan, you would think he would of made that clear to them & they could of just got him to sign a pre-contract in January. All seems a bit strange at the minute.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Shearer, when asked a while ago which he valued more prem title or goalscoring record, said he was a goalscorer and that was his job so the latter. I think Keane will think the same. I'm not sure I'd value a probable Bundesliga over that myself.

Easy for Shearer to say that having won the prem! It's not even just the Bundesliga, they have a real chance of winning the Champions League.

9 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Easy for Shearer to say that having won the prem! It's not even just the Bundesliga, they have a real chance of winning the Champions League.

I agree, but I don't think turning Bayern down now would mean he doesn't want to win titles. In a year he could go pretty much anywhere he wants. If you could choose a club in Europe to play for which one would you choose? I'm sure Bayern would be right up there, but I also doubt they would be most people's top choice. 

• Like 1

Munich is a wonderful city. The club have a grand history and seem like fun to play for. Maybe he doesn’t give a shit about the Premier League goal record and simply wants to experience something different in his life (and career) before the chance has gone? Would be a refreshing move in my opinion. 

Edited by BUTOR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As someone pointed out on Twitter - go to Bayern for 2/3 seasons, win everything, then return to fire Spurs back into the Prem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Be disappointed in Kane if he doesn't go 

he is in real danger of being the best player ever to never win anything, I can't think of anyone even remotely close to his level who hasn't won a trophy 

I’d find that absolutely hysterical- the most Spursey thing ever.

As it is, I suspect Bayern weren’t the club he hoped for (although they seemed to be the only one for the last two seasons showing real interest) , and will now see out the season and move to his preferred destination next summer. 

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

I think Kane thinks he can break the Jimmy Greaves all time top flight goalscoring record. He's currently 144 goals shy. 25 goals per season over the next six seasons (assuming he stays fit) would get him there. Maybe a long shot, but by no means impossible. 

I read today that Kane's wife is currently pregnant. He may have other reasons for not wanting to move overseas right now. 

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

If he does stay

It will show he is more interested in individual glory than winning anything with a club

which is a sad state as football is a TEAM game

• Admin
2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Be disappointed in Kane if he doesn't go 

he is in real danger of being the best player ever to never win anything, I can't think of anyone even remotely close to his level who hasn't won a trophy 

Shearer in his day? 

Hasn't Kane got previous Beef with Levy mucking him around last summer? 

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Redstart said:

Levy shafted Kane by not letting him go to Man City. He's also made it clear he refuses to deal with any of the Manchester clubs. If I was Kane I'd stay for the last year of his contract and then shaft Levy back by going on a free to Man United or City if they still want him. 

That's it 

1 hour ago, Super said:

It's his revenge on Levy.

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

Levy shafted Kane by not letting him go to Man City. He's also made it clear he refuses to deal with any of the Manchester clubs. If I was Kane I'd stay for the last year of his contract and then shaft Levy back by going on a free to Man United or City if they still want him. 

No disrespect to Kane or his agent, but they don't seem like the sharpest tools in the box. Why wouldn't you have something inserted into that six year contract extension that he signed. Something like 'going into the last two years of the contract, he has ability to leave if the club receives a bid of 100 milly or they failed to qualify for the Champions League'.

• Admin
1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

From twitter. Hard to disagree:

Why a fuss over a PL goalscoring record? Football didn't start in '92. Kane's magnificent, but make it all time - as with honours. Jimmy Greaves, Dixie Dean, David Herd, Nat Lofthouse, Ian Rush, Alan Shearer and 11 others scored more top flight goals.

100% agree with you, but to be pedantic people are talking about solely the Premier league record which did start in 1992

Fortunately the other names you mentioned will still be First Division record holders - that will confuse many a younger fan no doubt 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Shearer in his day? 

Hasn't Kane got previous Beef with Levy mucking him around last summer? 

Shearer won a premier league

I've been asking this question to mates for months and genuinely can't find anyone near kanes level who never won a trophy 

Edited by Club and Country
  • Like 1